Mission List

prometheusnl

Maybe i've missed it somewhere on the site but i'm looking for an up to date mission list.

I've noticed while playing and leveling up new alts that it's mostly grinding outside the mission you do for skills. I think most players will grind their way to 150 without doing much missions for the simple fact that they don't know where the missions are and when to get them.

Suggestion.

Why not have a list with all the missions in game with level requirement so players can actually plan them in their grind schedual.

Postivie side of this is that missions will be actually done this way.

and not skipped over.

A lot of people like enb because you explore things by yourself because they are unknown.

If all missions were handed on a platter some of that magic would be taken away.

A better solution for getting people more involved with missions would be:

- Rewarding players decent enough for the time spent finding and completing

- Not making them mind bogglingly cryptic

And not just some missions, all need to be worth it.

A lot of people like enb because you explore things by yourself because they are unknown.

If all missions were handed on a platter some of that magic would be taken away.

A better solution for getting people more involved with missions would be:

- Rewarding players decent enough for the time spent finding and completing

- Not making them mind bogglingly cryptic

And not just some missions, all need to be worth it.

I don't suggest we get handed everything on a silver platter but some hints like if your lvl xx you might wanna go here for some missions to do.

It would be difficult for us to make a list like this and keep it updated since that would require coordination from all our mission developers to keep it accurate.

I myself as one of the mission developers don't really want to have another responsibility on top of my development work. The community could make a list and update it nearly as well or better than we could though.

how about we set up a 'go-to' guy somewhere who reports on missions the player can take?

How about Emerald Laglass VIII (sorry I don't know his exact name!) who you see immediately on entering Net7 in Saturn. If he has nothing specific to say to you he could be set up to tell you where a good mission you could do is ...

Or maybe even have NPC's on each station sometimes drop hints about missions you could take? TBH I would find this invaluable too, as I can see there are tons of great missions I've never played every time I start the server.

It would all be handled in the server, so would always be up to date.

• Upvote 3

how about we set up a 'go-to' guy somewhere who reports on missions the player can take?

How about Emerald Laglass VIII (sorry I don't know his exact name!) who you see immediately on entering Net7 in Saturn. If he has nothing specific to say to you he could be set up to tell you where a good mission you could do is ...

Or maybe even have NPC's on each station sometimes drop hints about missions you could take? TBH I would find this invaluable too, as I can see there are tons of great missions I've never played every time I start the server.

I like the idea :)

Put on on the to-do list :D

How will the average player know to bother visiting or talking with NPC's for possible missions outside of pursuing skills and hull upgrades? Word of mouth? Message of the day? Friendly macro'd announcements from BETA or GM's when they drop in to check on things? :)

Great idea! Yeah, I don't think anyone is looking for a catalog of all available missions but a little help in finding them would be great. This idea would seem to go a long way towards getting more players to seek out and take on missions.

I think I suggested this to B a while ago and it got shot down ... but anyway on the subject of missions... I made a new Terran Scout and the missions there (excluding the HUs) are fun and not so cryptic that I feel I need a doctorate in puzzles to complete. They do require you to read the mission text, as the clues for location and mobs are not always in the log files. This is as it should be IMO. Read the text, write down information that you think you may need and go do it. Great Fun. Thanks whoever has the terran missions.

Hint: B you should run through a few of these and see if you can get some mission ideas.

Suggestion.

Why not have a list with all the missions in game with level requirement so players can actually plan them in their grind schedual.

Postivie side of this is that missions will be actually done this way.

and not skipped over.

Great idea Prom and in fact it is one I had and implemented as part of the current patch (been in development since August 2010)! I hope this was independent thought from your part! :) (and not plaguarised)

It is already being implemented by myself as part of the token missions for the Progen (Arx Magister / See Patch notes). I put it in as an alternative method to keep updating the players as to any new mission content, and to see if this method was a better means of doing this task.

Arx Magister (where you go and buy drinks) has 3 NPCs

'Collegia Nota'

'Centuriata Nota'

'Sabine Nota'

All are who Progen players should view / speak to to see what Token (non-storyline, secondary 'flavour' missions) are in the game. When I'm putting in a mission, I now update the talk tree of the Progen Class NPC to state what is needed for the mission, where to go and who to speak to as part of their talk tree.

It is a lot easier to update the talk tree on a NPC and also have the mission in the game. These NPCs can also be viewed by any class or race, but only the respective Progen Class can use them to trade Tokens.

If the NPC could interracted with like a Trade Goods with a scrollable mission list rather than set responses then that could be better, but I suspect it would not be possible.

really? does anyone have a screen shot of this. There are quite a few unknown opcode params for NPC's so I guess this could be one of them.

In short No.... He's remembering WOW.. I'm not sure though maybe they did something with the NPC name that was another color For instance GEEN name = I have a mission for you. Yellow name i'm just here looking pretty.

For sure no question mark or exclamation mark. Wow the question mark was you are doing a mission for this npc. Exclamaition mark i have a mission for you.

I'm just going to throw this out there, the suggestion of putting something above the NPC's head or changing the color of the name to indicate mission availability is a really good idea. Regardless of whether or not this was something that occurred in live, if it is something that the current community would want, why not implement it? Remember live was controlled by EA (Evil A--holes), while I liked a lot of the GM's from live, it always seemed like most of the good ideas were shot down or never implemented, probably because of the suits at EA. Since we don't have that problem here (and I'm just assuming that Tien, David, Suricata, etc do not work on this game in suits :)), why not throw this idea on the PTR and see what people think?

Talk to them, that's how you find out whether or not they have missions for you. Most of them have a purpose of some type, and will eventually have a mission or be a part of a mission for at least 1 class. When the game is further along one can start with class leaders, if they don't already have some missions.

I don't get the feeling we can control the color of NPCs' names, and I know we can't put anything over their heads. I'll look in the NPC avatar packet structures and see if there's any fields that we don't know the use of that potentially could be used to change the color of their names or something. Also, maybe Tienbau or David know how to do something like this.

I don't get the feeling we can control the color of NPCs' names, and I know we can't put anything over their heads. I'll look in the NPC avatar packet structures and see if there's any fields that we don't know the use of that potentially could be used to change the color of their names or something. Also, maybe Tienbau or David know how to do something like this.

Maybe there's already a trigger in the client. When you are grouped with other players their name is dark purple in stations. Maybe we can use that?

Sounds to me like someone is becoming more of a Dev than a TS :)

Why not make it official ;) lol

Good work though CDel.