Most useful ores

What ores should I be stocking for use in Comp Building?

Is there any "guideline" for bartering ore for gear/parts? I'm certain this is dependent on the Builder; I'd like to lean toward fair/generous than "clueless" (which is where I suspect I am now). :unsure:

figure out what comps cant be bought at vendors and those are the ores you need to have... like a lot of the blackbox and ce3k stuff if memory serves me right

To that add Athanor, Brimstone and Cyclo components to those that you need a TT, PT, or JT to make, or rip from previouly built systems.

To that add Athanor, Brimstone and Cyclo components to those that you need a TT, PT, or JT to make, or rip from previouly built systems.

When it was live a "general rule" for what parts where player made or rip only was anything that started with a A,B,C,D ...i.e. A.thanor,B.rimstone,C.yclo, D.yno etc. the further down the alphabet it was the more readily available from vendors or cheap the mats for build was. As I was a major ore supplier for many of the builders I didn't catch on to this for so long until a guildy pointed it out to me! One of those DUH! moments for sure :unsure:

Oh...and don't forget before you build to do the manufacture-terminal-dance lol CURSE YOU MANUFACTURE-TERMINAL GODS!

• Upvote 1

What ores should I be stocking for use in Comp Building?

Is there any "guideline" for bartering ore for gear/parts? I'm certain this is dependent on the Builder; I'd like to lean toward fair/generous than "clueless" (which is where I suspect I am now). :unsure:

There was no "guideline" that was easy like the parts name (a,b,c,d) for the ores I'm afraid. You just had to have a guildy or TT friend clue you into what was rare or mass needed. There were ores/gases that you found out was a "always" grab and others that was "when I got room" and others that were "mine for xp but toss for others". I always (and my guild friends) always had a "ore vault toon" that was for holding stacks of PM parts and ores. As I was one of the big ore suppliers and frequently just "gave away" the ores to guild builders I never had a problem getting any parts I needed as it was sort of a quid pro quo between us. As memory serves me though one of the most valued lvl 9 ore was (grail water) since it was needed in almost every high end weapon system. Been so long can't remember the others but there was a lvl 7 that used the same icon as the grail water and a 8 that was always in demand also as most the ammo used them.

When it was live a "general rule" for what parts where player made or rip only was anything that started with a A,B,C,D ...i.e. A.thanor,B.rimstone,C.yclo, D.yno etc. the further down the alphabet it was the more readily available from vendors or cheap the mats for build was. As I was a major ore supplier for many of the builders I didn't catch on to this for so long until a guildy pointed it out to me! One of those DUH! moments for sure :unsure:

Oh...and don't forget before you build to do the manufacture-terminal-dance lol CURSE YOU MANUFACTURE-TERMINAL GODS!

Lol. Built Devices and Reactors on my JE in Live, remember ripping more than a few Charging Unicorn reactors, to get Cyclo Power Exchanges that were used in the construction of Invisible Eyes. Don't forget to pray to the gods of faction, and good luck in addition to the terminal gods.

I, too, need a guide on what ores are needed in their raw states & what ores are needed refined. I'm a Jenquai Explorer, but plan on mining rather than manufacturing (until way later). To give you an example of some of the ores I'm comming across, I'll give you an example of a recent mining run, because [other than Titanium] I don't know which to keep as raw ores, which to refine, and which to merely process and vendor for credits.

13 Adamantine Ore (VI)

96 Anubium Ore (IV)

31 Caesium Ore (III)

133 Chromium Ore (V)

44 Cobalite Ore (III)

102 Dark Matter Enriched Cobalite (IV)

75 Galactic Ore (IV)

39 Gallium Ore (III)

155 Gold Ore (V)

11 Hafnium Ore (VI)

87 Herculinium Ore (IV)

8 Homerite (VI)

45 Indium Ore (III)

112 Manganese Ore (IV)

8 Mirandium Ore (VI)

21 Osirium Ore (VI)

13 Oxium Ore (VI)

19 Platinum Ore (VI)

83 Raw Centauricite (IV)

146 Rhodite (V)

106 Silver Ore (IV)

24 Star Iron Ore (III)

133 Titanium Ore (V)

25 Tungsten Ore (III)

92 Vanadium Ore (IV)

144 Zalmoxium Ore (V)

My Progen Sentinel keeps almost all the (raw) level 5-8 ores she mines to sell on the market, but some of the more high-demand materials include: Apollonite, Curium, Discordite, Horusium, Raw Eye Stone, Raw Flawless Ruby, Rhodite, Star Iron, Stygian Blackwater, and Titanium. Again, these are all unrefined. Celestial Ore, Galactic Iron, and Stygian Blacksand in their refined forms are also used in a couple of higher-level components. These are all level 7 and below; I'd imagine virtually all level 8 and 9 materials are worth stocking. My advice would be to just hold on to the raw ores, as they can be refined-to-order.

Thanks. However, holding on to ore would take a *lot* of vault space. I'll use your list as a crib sheet until I find (or make) a list of ores & refined stuff that folks want. Thanks a 1,048,576 because this gives me something to go on. If anyone has a list [or knows where to get one], I'd appreciate the information.

<HANDSHAKES> to the guys, <HUGS> to the ladies, and <WAVES> to any undecideds!

Here's a list of what I was told to save for builders:

Appolonite

Raw Eye Stone

Horusium

Discordite

Titanium

Rhodite

Curium

Star Iron Ore

There's also a quest that requires Plutonium (refined from lvl 2 asteroids).

very helpful, thanks. However, I would suggest listing the lvl of all these resources, aside from Titanium (lvl 5) and Star Iron (lvl 3) I don't remember what lvls they are. I only remember those two because my TT is in current need of them (well Star Iron double refined to Star Steel). Also do you know if these are best left refined or unrefined, a while ago I was told to keep Titanium unrefined because a builder needed it for ammo components.

very helpful, thanks. However, I would suggest listing the lvl of all these resources, aside from Titanium (lvl 5) and Star Iron (lvl 3) I don't remember what lvls they are. I only remember those two because my TT is in current need of them (well Star Iron double refined to Star Steel). Also do you know if these are best left refined or unrefined, a while ago I was told to keep Titanium unrefined because a builder needed it for ammo components.

Your best bet on refining, is to leave all ores unrefined, and refine upon buyer's request. Once you refine an ore, you can't unrefine it, but you can always refine it if the buyer wants it that way.

As an aside, are there any places currently to mine decent quantities of level 9 ore? The most I've seen so far is one or two level 9 minerals surrounded by level 6-8 asteroids, and I've travelled almost everywhere. Were the level 9 ores this rare in Live?

As an aside, are there any places currently to mine decent quantities of level 9 ore? The most I've seen so far is one or two level 9 minerals surrounded by level 6-8 asteroids, and I've travelled almost everywhere. Were the level 9 ores this rare in Live?

Almost as rare as getting miners to share where there (secret) favorite mining "holes" were, once they'd found them.

:P

Almost as rare as getting miners to share where there (secret) favorite mining "holes" were, once they'd found them.

:)

lol.... Yea... we miners are greedy, arn't we. lol. Yes, there are some good spots, I've got some favorites that have no mobs around as well, I'd recommend flying all over, they are in some spots that you would never think of. I like the hunt, it's kind of exciting to find a new spot.

Kinda makes me wish i wasn't working right now, so I can be mining! :P (I'm a mining addict...)

-Matt

lol.... Yea... we miners are greedy, arn't we. lol. Yes, there are some good spots, I've got some favorites that have no mobs around as well, I'd recommend flying all over, they are in some spots that you would never think of. I like the hunt, it's kind of exciting to find a new spot.

Kinda makes me wish i wasn't working right now, so I can be mining! :P (I'm a mining addict...)

-Matt

Yup, yup . . . could be that's why they called the class "Explorer"?

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly - explorers... Get scan trained up and fit the devices and go looking, and then investigate and learn what you need to know.

At least we 'just' have 210+ ores to learn (at the last count). Just a little confusing to start with.

The first advice is always refine if you can.

The second advice is stack the ore in your vault and refine periodically unless you are the type that just loves standing there refining 5 ores at a time.

Third is research the market and know the prices, but dont be surprised if builders just buy comps from vendors or melt loot to get what they need.

The lack of a player-player trading market doesnt help the industrial chain (devs?). Network and tout your wares.

There are some interesting formulas.

Trade gemstones:

Ruby (L4)

Agate (L1)

Bloodstone (L1)

Fire Opal (L4)

Malachite (L3)

Moonstone (L2)

Sapphire (L5)

Tourmaline (L2)

You cannot sell these are ordinary vendors so keep a look out for gem stores. They might be useful anyway.

Hybrid Refines/Composites:

More ores refine to its parent mineral (Apollonite/Apollonium) but some are hybrid concoctions. Unless you happen to have the right ingredients in your hold you wont see what refines. See Advice 1 - refine everything for max trade. And another good reason for Advice 2 - dont rush to sell immediately. You never know when someone might want resilient plastic.

Examples:

Zirconium Dioxide -> Refined from: Zirconium and 2 Oxygen

Composite Steel Sheet -> Transparent Steel and Liquid Pagion

Resilient Plastic -> Solar Sweet Oil and Grail Water

Oxium Alloy -> Oxium Ore (2) and Mirandium Ore (3)

And a few more besides.

Refining Chains:

Silver Ore -> Silver -> Silver Fulmite

Star Iron Ore -> Star Iron -> Star Steel

And a few more besides.

More mysterious stuff:

Diridium Crystal -> "It is as mysterious now as it was to those who had it before."

Tazeron -> black, blue, yellow, red, white and colorless....

One good source is http://enbdatabase.net-7.org/

The other is listening on Market Channel - "Disco ! Disco ! anyone got some near Antares??"

As to what to keep:

All as above but I'd ask myself what sells most. Of course its ammo. And what ammo sells most? And what ores are needed for those awesome missiles and projectiles?

I'm a little more pragmatic and tend to take the backwards planning approach. What ingredients are needed for in-demand components that can't be purchased from the vendor? Knowing what is needed for the various Athanor, Blackbox, CE3K and Cyclo comps is a good start. Sure, some of these can be ripped out of other items but it starts to get expensive. Prime example is the CE3K-X44; this component is used in a lot of builds and isn't an especially common drop on its own.

It's actually best to keep it stacked at raw ores because you never know when you need to refine them and if you have say 19 of them, well then yer left with a stack of 4 raw and then the refined ones.

Also some of the ammo ores like Apolonite, Discordite, Raw Eye Stone are used raw.

• 1 month later...

Here's the list of ores I buy for Alyseria's most popular builds atm:

L6 Discordite

L6 Stygian Blackwater

L6 Raw Flawless Ruby

L7 Apollonite

L7 Raw Eye Stone

L7 Celestial Ore

L7 Stygian Blacksand

L7 Iridium

L7 Horusium

L8 Ambrosia Crude

L8 Khnumium Ore

L8 Acheronite

L8 Morganium

L8 Idunium

L8 Emperion

L8 Yunieon

L8 Vanirium

L8 Tincal

L8 Persephonium

L9 Aesirium

L9 Balderium

L9 Modredium

L9 Grail Water

L9 Abaddon Ashes

L9 Asmodeusium

L9 Pagion

L9 Tiberium

L9 Nova Dust

L9 Crude Rutha

L9 Kronosium

L9 Erebusite

L9 Noxion

L9 Promethium

L9 Raw Star Ore

L9 Astralite

that's just a rough list I made a while back that has worked out well for me so far... now if only I had more than 1 person who was willing to sell me ores ;)

And Horusium....!

As for Pagion - I only ever saw 7 pieces on Live... Not sure whether it really exists on ST4 as they have completely nerfed VC and BBW.

And - earlier posts - lots of L9 fields but you do need to look hard for for them - and wear a hard hat.

• 1 month later...

I really want to build a web based mapping system for creatures/mobs and mining. Including a reverse lookup so you can list where to find the level 10 to 15 Chavez or where find the level 4 hydrocarbon spawns etc.

I would include an email/password setup to enable security. Potential users could contact me somehow, I'd make their account, then they could input map data with auditing so false data doesn't get into the database. I would include ownership to data so things can't get deleted willy nilly. I would also add a "privacy" property to entries so exploring miners can limit who can see their level 9 spawns to just guild members or friends. Accounts would get status, like "admin", "super user", and "user".

I want to build this system. I still need to get a database up and running on my web provider site, I'd be happy with php and mysql but I have more experience with asp.net and MS SQL.

Hmm, maybe add an entry for the hidden objects that you can get explore experience from like the asteroids in Odin's Belt.

Locations should be just a nav or triangulated between 3 navs.

For creatures I want to list how they aggro: no aggro, when nearby is attacked, or always aggros, or random aggro.

Hmm, have a voting system for invalid data: if 3 super users vote that piece of information is wrong then it automatically allows a super user to take ownership and change or delete it.

I'm almost certain this system would not be very graphic, it's all about data and lists of things based on searches of different types, lots of ways to drill down to the nitty gritty.

Oh I'm sure there are already systems in place like this design, but I think I can do better.