How about Guild lounges

sirmorte

I like role playing in games. Although this may not be top priority, it would be nice if you can have guild houses or lounges filled with vendors, all refining and manufacturing machines and other items. In addition, an NPC vendor that offers beer and snacks would be nice for guild get togethers.

this is possible, but rather than a lounge it'd need to be a guild station due to client limitations.

Would Guild leaders get to choose the location of the station? Would it be open to public or just the guild-members? If open to the public, and if there was a guild bank/vault, would trading with the vendors at this station give a cut to the guild? If there is a guild vault, would it be locked to non-member visitors to the station? Personally I think this is a great idea and I would love to see it in action one day.. :)

A vendor (or vendors) could probably be rigged to be a guild vault on a guild station. If it were done, the guild could probably choose whether they wanted the station to be public or not. All that is possible. Disclaimer: It's definitely way off in the future though; we need to get the old stuff working before the new stuff.

A vendor (or vendors) could probably be rigged to be a guild vault on a guild station. If it were done, the guild could probably choose whether they wanted the station to be public or not. All that is possible. Disclaimer: It's definitely way off in the future though; we need to get the old stuff working before the new stuff.

I played in Live and I remember that a few people were asking EA to implement this idea. I know it's off in the future and I would love to see this implemented in this version of the game. Vault and cargo space has always been an issue (especially for builders)...at least for me. I know another reason this would be a good thing to have implemented is if people have things for other guild members and they don't get on at the same time very often. A guild vault will allow guild members to get items to other members without having to worry about when the person is on. It would definitely benefit guilds as a whole a great deal! Thank you Devs for thinking of implementing this in the future! :)

This sucks,

Just how will it be implemented, guilds can place their station anywhere? If that is the case then cooper will be one very busy place.

Or if you can inhabit existing stations but in another instance...ummm, why the fack would you?

One of the most useless things about this is the travel times of EnB. There is simply no 'I'll see you there right away'. Travelling in ENB takes too much time, so why go to a dedicated guild hall if you can go to VT for example which is arguably the quickest meeting point anywhere.

Next question, why would you want a guild hall and what does it offer that a normal station doesnt?

Exclusive membership? Yeah maybe if you like empty stations this will be nice for you. But you could also go to Chernovog station for the same effect.

For vendors? Unless you are getting all components from L1-L9 then F7 is all that a builder needs as joves is 2 gates away...

Not sure where the animo for this is from...

This sucks,

Just how will it be implemented, guilds can place their station anywhere? If that is the case then cooper will be one very busy place.

Or if you can inhabit existing stations but in another instance...ummm, why the fack would you?

One of the most useless things about this is the travel times of EnB. There is simply no 'I'll see you there right away'. Travelling in ENB takes too much time, so why go to a dedicated guild hall if you can go to VT for example which is arguably the quickest meeting point anywhere.

Next question, why would you want a guild hall and what does it offer that a normal station doesnt?

Exclusive membership? Yeah maybe if you like empty stations this will be nice for you. But you could also go to Chernovog station for the same effect.

For vendors? Unless you are getting all components from L1-L9 then F7 is all that a builder needs as joves is 2 gates away...

Not sure where the animo for this is from...

We could create a whole new sector called deep space that is eligible for stations to be "built" and do something like this. Who's to say it wouldn't also come with a guild-hall return token or something that takes you to your guild hall via a special unstable wormhole?

A place to meet, greet, engage in negotiations, and have your own vendors as well as a guild vault.

(Hey, I liked Chernevog...)

all vendors would be player run, allowing people to transfer their items as they've collected them in. This would allow them to set pricing and make money as they go.

(now note, these are just a few simple answers and wild off the top of my head ideas but this could be useful in the future. :) )

We could create a whole new sector called deep space that is eligible for stations to be "built" and do something like this. Who's to say it wouldn't also come with a guild-hall return token or something that takes you to your guild hall via a special unstable wormhole?

A place to meet, greet, engage in negotiations, and have your own vendors as well as a guild vault.

all vendors would be player run, allowing people to transfer their items as they've collected them in. This would allow them to set pricing and make money as they go.

(now note, these are just a few simple answers and wild off the top of my head ideas but this could be useful in the future. :) )

Kyp, I kind of like that idea. Personally, if Guild Stations were implemented and the guild leader could pick where they went I would put mine in ABB. It's near a weft and therefore easy to get to. I really like the idea of having the vendors be player run so people can have other ways to make money. Especially if we were able to put up the items we make for selling purposes. :)

The meet, greet and engage in negotiations - is that really a reason to go to the guild station? I mean, that can be done through private tells and guild chat.

Sure you may want to meet 'face to face' some time, but once youve seen each other thats all there is to it. No real point to meeting and greeting in person anymore. It's just too much of a hassle to travel that distance.

The auction house idea so far sounds like the only reason close to motivating anyone to visit a guild station. But only barely...

The meet, greet and engage in negotiations - is that really a reason to go to the guild station? I mean, that can be done through private tells and guild chat.

Sure you may want to meet 'face to face' some time, but once youve seen each other thats all there is to it. No real point to meeting and greeting in person anymore. It's just too much of a hassle to travel that distance.

The auction house idea so far sounds like the only reason close to motivating anyone to visit a guild station. But only barely...

Y'know, not everyone plays to maximize XP in a given number of hours afterall, some people play these games to sit around and be social. :)

The guild I was in met up at stations quite often just to stand there and talk, and sometimes arrange expeditions where we went out together. You can't just lump everyone into feeling the same way about it as you, yourself do.

Ofcourse hanging in stations happened, especially in F7 because builders were around.

But if it is privacy what you want by locking out others from your station, why go to this length. Most stations are dead places anyway as once every century a new player drops by to pick up a mission. Why do you need a station with your guild name on it?

Also, guild stations seem to be something for larger guilds. I mean the stupidly large guilds where the members don't really know each other. I say this because midgety guilds will just have deserted stations.

If you think that just having a station with your guild's name is enough reason to implement guild stations then it is doubtful at best.

You can drink cups of tea in any station...

Guild bases don't need to be private, they could even be a source of income for guilds. Also, a starbase would be prohibitively expensive to build, so only a very very large guild could have its own starbase.

Guild bases don't need to be private, they could even be a source of income for guilds. Also, a starbase would be prohibitively expensive to build, so only a very very large guild could have its own starbase.

If you bother with an auction house for added income, which is anti-enb at any rate, why place it in guild stations?

And if 'very very large guilds' would only have it this means one thing:

You want turbo-huge guilds who already own all the spawns to get even richer...

Spock.jpg

GFG

Why not use the closed doors in all the existing stations to be for guild maybe make them instanced

I'd love nothing more, but the client is hard-coded so that stations can only have 4 rooms in the standard T configuration like they are now. :)

• 2 weeks later...

DAOC had some great housing setups, our consignment merchants/multiple vaults made it possible to really equip a whole crew, plus the economy aspect made it possible to get some great loot at decent prices. No one really "hung out" there but it was usually the start point for the nights activities. Could possibly add ticket porters that would function similar to JE jumps. Nothing sez lovin like buying looted gear from a CM for cutthroat prices.

• 3 weeks later...

Out in a sector in Beta Hydri somewhere is "Dave's house".

It's a kind of a Bogeril-ish construction, completely remote, and you'd really have to either look for it or get luck and stumble over it.

I think these sorts of mini-stations, or perhaps re-using some of the many types of mining stations and plopping them (at some great cost) in certain sectors that are halfway between a major weft and a major raid location (such as in Shepard or Grissom between Carpenter Weft and Cooper, or in Dahin system between Kailaasa and Kitara's Veil...)

Although I like the idea of the "unstable wormhole" to the guild hall instanced zone a lot...

• 1 month later...

This was one of those things which cannot be implimented. We were going for guild ships. A guild lounge will be the same thing it would take years to build and impliment and be a strain on server resources. It is one of those things wish it can be done, but cannot be done.

Only way I can think of how it can be done is using abandoned stations and derlect ships. Which are already in game. And, to balance game economy sell them for 1 billion credits each.

• 2 weeks later...

How about a Guild Vault that can only be accessed in the Lounge area of Stations?

When E&B Sunset was announced we were in the middle of a Guild Vault for all space stations and bases.

All work on content stopped. We were as shocked as the players when EA announced that EnB was Sunsetting.

• 4 weeks later...

When E&B Sunset was announced we were in the middle of a Guild Vault for all space stations and bases.

All work on content stopped. We were as shocked as the players when EA announced that EnB was Sunsetting.

Guild Vaults... good.

EnB Sunset... bad.

I haven't read through the whole thread so don't kill me if I'm repeating :)

But just one thing that came to mind: If implemented, please don't tie this to a guilds' 'power'... If there are going to be guild halls, any guild can have one, with the same functionality across the board, no 'base-building' deal to worry about.

what I mean, to put it simply, is this should not become a mechanism that makes large, super-active guilds the 'haves' and all the rest the 'have nots'.

Personally, I'd like to see one guild vault, one space station.

Hang out rather than spread out imo.

More social and would keep things somewhat simple.

Not sure if there should be a limit for guilds per station though.

Maybe have Station Contracts with timers that expire so new guilds can have a chance to get that "dream spot" for their station Guild Vault access.

Real estate sales and trades...

Just some thoughts.

Personally, I'd like to see one guild vault, one space station.

Hang out rather than spread out imo.

More social and would keep things somewhat simple.

Not sure if there should be a limit for guilds per station though.

Maybe have Station Contracts with timers that expire so new guilds can have a chance to get that "dream spot" for their station Guild Vault access.

Real estate sales and trades...

Just some thoughts.

Sounds a bit EVE-ish. :)

I would say guild stations are highly unlikely to come about in EnB, but guild vaults are much more likely to become a reality. Of course, this will likely be after all the game's original infrastructure is restored, i.e. far down the road. It comes down to the fact that guilt vaults are easy to do (in theory), and guild stations present huge challenges regarding resource allocation, balancing, fairness, etc.