Hulks! What now?

I was in a field the other day and thought that I found the motherload. Even though most of the stuff was lvl 3 or 4, I had a beam, a PL and an ML plus ammo for both and an engine (never did find a reactor :)). Which got me to asking, I noticed that the engine was much better than any other engine (PM or not) of the same level, which would make sense for a prototype. I had also heard that the prototype reactors were pretty decent too, but I was just wondering why the weapons seem to be so underpowered? Maybe not underpowered but average powered. The beam that I found was like 142% and the damage output was comparable to the Ocelot but had a 6 second reload as opposed to the 4 second reload on the Ocelot, so the DPS would end up being a lot lower. Is this something that is going to be looked at?

As Merlin said, this whole thing is a work in progress and I have to say how awesome it is that Merlin likes to just throw stuff out there first and see how it works and adjusts as needed on the fly.

Last night I found a 150% lvl2 proto engine... Works great on my PW. I've also been finding a lot of devices analyze as well, to include a lvl1 and 2 warp kaza right in the PS starter sector. :)

I do remember the proto weapons were sub-par compared to the player made items in live. It would be nice to see these buffed up a bit seeing as how they require looted/player-made components for ammo.

I was in a field the other day and thought that I found the motherload. Even though most of the stuff was lvl 3 or 4, I had a beam, a PL and an ML plus ammo for both and an engine (never did find a reactor :)). Which got me to asking, I noticed that the engine was much better than any other engine (PM or not) of the same level, which would make sense for a prototype. I had also heard that the prototype reactors were pretty decent too, but I was just wondering why the weapons seem to be so underpowered? Maybe not underpowered but average powered. The beam that I found was like 142% and the damage output was comparable to the Ocelot but had a 6 second reload as opposed to the 4 second reload on the Ocelot, so the DPS would end up being a lot lower. Is this something that is going to be looked at?

As Merlin said, this whole thing is a work in progress and I have to say how awesome it is that Merlin likes to just throw stuff out there first and see how it works and adjusts as needed on the fly.

Hello,

What is the big difference in the beams? One word: Range! TTYL :-)

Merlin

Changed as I am currently removing foot from mouth , on relog it was different.

%quality is affecting stats.

Mount the item and dock which will repair it like docking normally does to battle damage. I have yet to see any "repair fees" associated with repairing "hulk" items this way. Anything I couldn't use immediately on the miner or an alt, I would toss into the vault for later or even vendor.

I had suggested this in another post, why not put a loot timer on the hulks similar to what is on corpse's. Once you pull one thing out of the hulk, you have 2 or 3 minutes to get everything else out, or the hulk goes poof and starts the respawn timer. And if a hulk poofs with stuff still inside it, said cherry-picker does not get xp credit for mining the hulk. In fact I would like to see it so that no xp is gained from mining a hulk unless everything is taken out of it. If someone is cherry-picking they shouldn't get any EL xp.

"Ok fine, starting tommorrow I will start changing the hulks! If you are going to be this narrow minded then so be it. I will not debate this any longer and if you want to openly say you are going to cherry pick then I will make it so cherry picking is not possible! Each sector will have 1 and only 1 hulk in it, Go ahead and cherry pick it all you want to Mr Tyran!

Merlin"

A couple of thoughts on the hulks. First; if a hulk field is guarded by something, I may try to get the best item from that field as I can before getting dead. (Get in...pull and get out... Come back in a few and try to ninja more) Call it cherry picking if you will, but the xp dept is not worth pulling countless level 6 hulks for level 1 material. This may be a db issue but it seems to me the vast majority of hulks have mostly vendor stuff.

Second, if a field is un-guarded I will clear it (If I can find them all).

Third, I'm just a bit confused why there is so much effort on trying to get people from not cherry picking? If a roid field has been picked I usually move on and return to it at some future time. This may just be my style of play. Please don't take this wrong as I am sure that the vast majority of players like what you have done on the hulks and roid fields. But your reacting like this for the posts of one player is to me a tad over the top...Yes? LOL Just ban him...suspend him... or if you feel terribly vindictive delete his toon... Don't change what you have done because of one player's play style.

Edited by Mimir

After some debate with myself I have reopened this topic as some fair suggestions were coming in near the end. As far as the cherry picking posts, I will move those to the proper area.

Please note that posters should refrain from personal insults and attacks. If these surface or the topic returns to cherry picking, then don't be surprised if this thread closes again.

In the Equatorial Earth sector there is a levels 1-3 hulk field around navigation mark/buoy GETCo Path 6 that changed recently from a randomly placed hulk field to a hulk field that is circular in placement. The circular placement puts many of the hulks out of bounds beyond the western sector edge.

Frustrating because can see nice things in the hulks but they are out of reach and can't be touched.

;) and/or ;)

my personal favorite with the hulks is how onlyh 1 place has anything worth prospecting and its totally impossible to beat the other 75 miners there to even attempt to get anything worth even prospecting out, after the first 800 the 1/2 eaten space suits arent even worth picking up anymore, and 99.999% of the proto items are honestly junk even @ 170-180%

my personal favorite with the hulks is how onlyh 1 place has anything worth prospecting and its totally impossible to beat the other 75 miners there to even attempt to get anything worth even prospecting out, after the first 800 the 1/2 eaten space suits arent even worth picking up anymore, and 99.999% of the proto items are honestly junk even @ 170-180%

You can always trade the spacesuits to your alts, friends, or guildies, so they can improve their faction. I think that the suits are fine.

What place? where? me being the 76th miner there wont make that much difference ;)

• 3 weeks later...