BB ammo samples

Lot

Well no clues needed to know which developer just can't give it up.

I'm looking forward to trouncing whatever dumb obstacles this mission puts in the way, getting the samples analyzed, getting the *bonus that wasn't asked for* Brimstone Ballista analyzed -- and parading it about in this thread afterward with how easy it all was. Although I do wonder how many times we're going to have to call in a GM to fix the mission because it's *broken*.

I don't even use a Brimstone Ballista and probably still won't but I see what asking for things for the common good does. Too late to hope a different saner member of the development team will intervene and add samples to a vendor just like the others samples are available?

:huh:

• Upvote 1

To the above.

1. Try mission out - the objectives have been vetted by other developers

2. You give over your Symbol (gained from Capture the Cargo) as payment to obtain the mission. This mission is repeatable, so if you have already done it you can do it again.

3. On completing the mission you get your samples and a mission token.

4. Capture the Cargo from Var requires a mission token. This mission is repeatable.

5. After killing the awakened material and returning to Var you gain a Symbol

6. Goto 2.

Else: would you like some Stilton Blue with that wine?

> If you have disposed of the Symbol, then you will have to wait until a Token becomes available on the market.

> Players with tokens can trade 3 of them in at Arx Magister to create a unique token that is tradable

> This unique token on Arx Magister can be converted to one mission token.

> Speak to the NPCs

> If a mission was suitable before for getting the item then a repeatable mission is suitable now.

> Else: Edam? Cheddar?

• Downvote 2

It'll be in the new push.

Not sure if this mission is currently on the PTR, (steps 2-3) but (steps 4 - 5) are

The mission tokens are awarded as part of the 'Promotion' master mission so some characters may have to do level 1 hull upgrade normally (@ 10) to get this mission, then use the level commands.

Well no clues needed to know which developer just can't give it up.

I'm looking forward to trouncing whatever dumb obstacles this mission puts in the way, getting the samples analyzed, getting the *bonus that wasn't asked for* Brimstone Ballista analyzed -- and parading it about in this thread afterward with how easy it all was. Although I do wonder how many times we're going to have to call in a GM to fix the mission because it's *broken*.

I don't even use a Brimstone Ballista and probably still won't but I see what asking for things for the common good does. Too late to hope a different saner member of the development team will intervene and add samples to a vendor just like the others samples are available?

<_<

Lot, I usually agree with your assessments about certain progen projects that have gone awry, but this post is a little bit of unnecessary Byakhee bashing IMO. The reason I say "unnecessary" is your first comment in the 2nd paragraph "I don't even use a Brimstone Ballista..." Then why comment here? Believe me I have had my issues with Byakhee's stuff in the past, but for as often as I hear people complain about wanting more higher level content, I am actually kind of happy there is one more thing a progen can do now at lvl 150, even if the reward is just a BB and ammo samples.

Now that I have defended Byakhee, I'm going to another post to question his logic on another issue. <_<

/Signed.... Yes. I have a Brimstone Ballista launcher and I currently have no way of making that ammo. I spammed the market and guild channel over the weekend and got no one to make me any ammo for it. I have all comps in vault, ready to be traded to anyone to make me ammo, but it has become a hassle.

Yes, the Brimstone Ballista is a good gun but I currently cannot use it since I have no ammo for it.

Please. for the love of God, add it to the Ammo vendor in QAR. that way people have to work on faction to obtain it.

Even if you make the CL 66 in tarsis drop it then that place will be camped like there is no tomorrow.

QAR selling the ammo samples will be a good idea. heck, make it a mil credits a piece even or more.

Bottom line is I need the samples so I can make my own ammo. a PW goes trough ammo rather fast you know? :)

Thank you.

P.S. Or add the mission in the live server so we can grab it.

Also. btw. I do not have a symbol or token. How does a lvl 150 PW go about aquiring one?

Also. btw. I do not have a symbol or token. How does a lvl 150 PW go about aquiring one?

It would be useful to get some clarity on this matter.

GM responses so far:

1. There is not a Brimstone Ballista mission any more (I am not kidding!)

2. You have to acquire the token from NPCs

3. I do not have the tools to grant tokens.

I've also heard that one rather clued up and helpful GM has been giving out the token.

I believe from what Byakhee might have said in another thread that there is no way in-game to "make your own token" and trade it yet due to "code not written yet". Gatekeeper Memnon takes away the token when you get the samples and launcher so to get another token to repeat the mission in case you failed to analyze it seems GM assistance is needed still.

Either way some clarity on what to do would be useful please.

<Snip>

I've also heard that one rather clued up and helpful GM has been giving out the token.

</Snip>

I've given the GMs a lot of details on their part of the forum to assist players currently in this part of the stress test. This is why one rather 'on the ball' one has been able to release tokens, partly probably if it was the same one I had TeamSpeak discussion with.

However, returning to the topic in hand.

The old Level 100 mission had an option that lead to the Capture the Cargo mission. If you just paid for your Level 100 hull upgrade, then you will not have been able to do Capture the Cargo before. This will be one reason for not having a Symbol.

The other reason is the Symbol is destroyable and you could have spaced it.

Brimstone Ballista Mission is also Temporary. Gatekeeper Memnon is worried about stocks of the Brimstone Ballista launcher, he doesn't feel they will last for next month's server update. Ammunition resources may take longer to deplete. Happily, he has come across a nice field of:

Raw Flawless Ruby, Stygian Blackwater, Apollonite and Discordite

To the rear of Endriago while hunting Renegade Progens and may be willing to let about 10 of each go to the descerning Progen Hero when stocks of Brimstone Ballista ammunition run dry. THis is likely to become more popular

------

Mission Tokens are to be awarded from the Master Mission. This has stages to be code fixed.

The mission will be repeatable. ** Capture the cargo now is repeatable

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working.. After doing Memnon's mission and going to Var, I'm currently on step 1/5 "Talk to the salvage crew at the pax decima".. Ok I'm at the pax decima, and the mission will not update. I've logged, and relogged, and ignored it for a day and came back, but it still doesn't update.

Hey B, on a totally unrelated topic completely intended to derail this thread, I can't find anyone willing to give my PW any "symbol" missions. The guys in Nord Vor tell me I don't have the required "build skill".

I won't even touch that one! hahahaha

So where do I go for these missions to get some of these symbols? Or am I just SOL because I've already completed all my HU's?

Please help an elderly progen.

edit:

I've had my symbol of loyalty in my cargo each time when approaching the NPC. But no mission token. Does Var (Endraigo) still give out the capture the cargo mission or is that now another npc?

Edited by Muhir

Mission Token are Grey/White Coloured

Tradable Token are Gold Coloured and need to be converted using the NPC in Mars to a suitable Mission Token. Make sure you have the correct Token.

Capture the Cargo:

- Speak to Var (with Mission Token)

- Requires Mission Token in cargo on speaking to the salvagers aboard the PAX Decima Gemina

- You have to pay this over (give up) in order to procede.

- This mission rewards Symbol of Loyalty

Brimstone (Temporary) Mission

- Requires to pay over (give up) a Symbol of Loyalty

- Speak to Gatekeeper Memnon

- Temporarily obtain samples of Brimstone (for up to next 2 months)

- Temporarily obtain a Mission Token.

For players currently with their Symbol of Loyalty, don't visit Var, visit Gatekeeper Memnon.

Completing his (temporary) mission will (currently award) a Mission Token as well as the Brimstone Gear.

For players currently with their Symbol of Loyalty, don't visit Var, visit Gatekeeper Memnon.

Completing his (temporary) mission will (currently award) a Mission Token as well as the Brimstone Gear.

What about for players that do not have a Symbol? where can one be obtained?

Thank you.

In answering this:

Symbol can only be obtained by doing 'Capture the Cargo Mission', or by some other (hard mission). The only one available to every Progen is the 'Capture the Cargo' mission. This currently requires you to defeat a single mob of Combat Level 66. Currently... It is creating some buddies shortly.

Also:

1. When hull upgrades had optional to pay or do an optional mission did you:

a) Do the huge mission for the level 100 upgrade that required killing Chavez / took 8 hours to do

:P Do the option mission for the level 100 upgrade that required you to locate the PAX Decima Gemina

2. If you paid for your level hull upgrade when it was optional to pay or do mission options instead of paying then you will not be eligible for the Symbol of Loyalty from the old mission style.

3. The new mission style currently includes Capture the Cargo as a Token mission. However, this eventually will be a high level mission unlock on a Token mission early on, meaning that currently if you have a Token you can obtain this mission.

4. How do I obtain a Token:

a) Currently pester a GM for one 'tradable token' which you take to the NPC in Arx Magister. Ideally if you were to purchase this on Market from another player, you would expect to have to pay atleast 100 K credits (infor for when it works properly).

B) Wait for the Master Promotion Mission stage code to be fixed, then everyone gets their tokens.

c) Wait for another player to be able to trade an unique token over, this will require them to be level 135.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In answering this:

Symbol can only be obtained by doing 'Capture the Cargo Mission', or by some other (hard mission). The only one available to every Progen is the 'Capture the Cargo' mission. This currently requires you to defeat a single mob of Combat Level 66. Currently... It is creating some buddies shortly.

The Capture the Cargo missions as I understand it is supposed to be repeatable. However after doing a round of it (start with Memnon, turn in gasses, talk to var, do mission, get Symbol back, and talk to Memnon again) Var will not give you Capture the Cargo mission again. Ergo, the *repeatable* part of the mission is not working.

Capture the Cargo has Temporarily been made repeatable.

The code to make it repeatable is valid and in game and works for other missions.

There is a possibility you no-longer have the requisits for the mission:

1. You need to have (a Basic Progen Optional Mission Token) at all times for this mission. The Token is spent at the PAX Decima Gemina.

2. You need to be Combat Level 50, Have a Maximum Hull Level and Progen.

The Symbol gained is Temporarily providing access to Brimstone gear. Eventually it will allow access to Agrippa Technology Stage II development and hopefully other (Progen) events in the game.

---

I have just checked / amended the mission.

It seems a reward of Credits and XP managed to creep in from when it used to be part of a mission line that required you to deposit 1 million creits originally to start it. I've made sure it now only rewards the Symbol, as you no longer now have to pay to do the mission in credits.

THE BRIMSTONE BALLISATA MISSION NO LONGER GIVES A TOKEN AT THE END.

Tokens will have to be obtained via other sources.

Version 7.1 is repeatable.