BB ammo samples

Lot

Please can a vendor start selling ammo for Brimstone Ballista projectile weapon.

A few players have this recipe from Byakhee's progen missions but the missions are being removed soon so there will no other way to acquire the ammo recipes unless a vendor sells them.

Also it will reduce the stress on the few players that have the recipe as they probably don't want to spend time each week supplying BB ammo for everyone that needs it and they probably have better things they may want to be doing with their time instead.

I don't think it will do any harm to add them to a vendor during the stress test.

Easy enough to remove BB ammo from vendors again before live or if it becomes available during the stress test again if the sector and mobs that used to drop them are available again.

:(

I would agree with Byakhee to wait until mobs getting added back into the game that drop the weapons/ammo, however if the wait is going to be like 6 months, I would think at least providing ammo drops would be preferred, otherwise the market channel is going to turn in to every other statement being "WTB BB ammo" and people who know how to build it will spend quite a bit of time doing nothing else and when they get sick of it, will stop building, which will make it that much harder for someone who needs the ammo that doesn't have the print to build it themselves.

I did long and hard but people were not interested!

This must be a language issue... I dont think anyone ever said they did not want missions. So here it is yet again.

We (most of us) LIKE missions.

We (most of us) DISLIKE missions that are confusing, misleading, and or so buggy as to be undoable without GM intervention.

Repeat...........

We LIKE missions.

We want missions that make sense.

We want bug free missions (read we are here to test them......LISTEN to us when we report errors.)

So for you to say we are not interested must have been made up or a misunderstanding.

• Upvote 1

This must be a language issue... I dont think anyone ever said they did not want missions. So here it is yet again.

We (most of us) LIKE missions.

We (most of us) DISLIKE missions that are confusing, misleading, and or so buggy as to be undoable without GM intervention.

Repeat...........

We LIKE missions.

We want missions that make sense.

We want bug free missions (read we are here to test them......LISTEN to us when we report errors.)

So for you to say we are not interested must have been made up or a misunderstanding.

I could not have said it better. The worst part of the missions for progens was the part that was so vague that lots of folks had trouble trying to complete them. Many progens grumbled at the lv30 HU mission because it made us run all over the galaxy at an amazing 2750 warp if we were lucky. But, we did them, and had a feeling of accomplishment afterward.

Some of the latter missions were very cryptic and vague to the point of confusing folks. Devs are doing a great job here, but you gotta remember you have developed this string, you know how it works, you know that clicking on A will lead to B... we don't. So more hints or info that helps to lead us in the right direction is needed.

:(

Which is why the concept has changed, there are NPCs in Arx Magister that will tell you where to go to start a mission. Its about getting back to basics first, making it robust so there are no 'help my mission has broken' and putting in something that is there to help. Quite a few of the other flavour Progen missions have dissapeared to, will be recycled though in some form in future.

The hull upgrades have become 'safe / streamlined / easy to understand' the consequence of this is that all the options that were in for the hull upgrades are removed. This has a knock on effect; the build options were split off and still can be done as Token missions. Others on the otherhand were now orphaned and had to be condemmed.

As to non-build missions, Just awaiting code thats all.

As Mimir said, missions are fine. In fact missions break up the tedious grinding in the game. (Personally) I like hard missions myself, as long as it is HARD and not IMPOSSIBLE due to various reasons (bugged mobs, broken steps, etc).

I see nothing wrong with adding a FEW missions where you have to figure it out yourself, but atleast provide a hint or two as to what direction to head. And those missions should be optional, or side-quests to the main HU missions.

And I hope this doesn't come across as hateful, but you gotta listen to us when we give constructive feedback. As per the discussion last night about upcoming missions, the main point we were voicing is no one, except that very rare and uninformed new player, will ever put precious skill points in Self Destruct, Repair Equipment, Enrage, and only a few will max out Shield Inversion. So the missions based off those abilities will rarely be used. Even if the mission story is amazing, and offers a nice reward people will not be able to justify wasting skill points for a single mission. *Of course Call Forward can effect that choice greatly, but that "cheapens" the point. Whole other post on that if I wanted lol*

Erm you kind of failed to understand the concept of skill missions.

They are not going to reward anything really uber, and ideally are there as a secondary flavour if you have taken the skill.

The exception will be Agrippa Technology (Builds) and the more main-stream skills (Shields @ 9) etc.

I don't expect everyone to take all the missions, but a mission exists for a skill if people have it. Or WILL exist, currently they don't. Limited number of tokens prevent you doing all the missions.

These missions are independent of the hull upgrade. THey must be done after a hull upgrade and before another hull upgrade, thats all. With a Token. Speak to NPC in Mars.

• Downvote 1

Kind of hijacked the thread. Back to the topic - is there anything in the works to provide new/unlucky progens with BB ammo samples? Ive heard some higher-end mobs are getting buffed/altered again, what about adding ammo to their drop table, at a low, but reasonable chance?

Hi folks :)

I did the BB ammo mission yesterday and I wanted to share my experience.

At first I saw the hefty 'entry fee'... was about all my cash. Had to borrow from my guildfriends (we have a 4 week old, 6-man guild so.. scrape, scrape...) I love this part.

The text told me to fly to X and bring some friend. Loved it, the suspense .. what will I see when I gett here? cl66 pop-up? Ok that was not the case but the actual assignment was good, hard to get but not impossible.

I liked that part too.

The 'flying-around' was very do-able, since it's a high level mission and even my slowass PW can do over 5000 warp.

I liked that part too.

But, the part I really didnt like was the 'one chance'.

I'm a perfectionist, I have to admit. If I have a gun, I want to be able to make the ammo, if I can only make 1 out of 3 sort I feel 'incomplete'. It's like my Pw is gimped, broken...

Maybe thats just me but that was the part I didnt like.

My suggestion: make the mission re-do-able. The first time the mission costs X credits.

Maybe it's possible to redo the mission, for double the fee. And after that 4x the fee... That way, a player always has at least a chance of completing the mission. Sure it might take a week of grinding to get the cash/parts.. But I'm ok with that.

Just as long as there is a small chance of completion.

It's hard to express exactly what I mean. In short: missions that have a chance of failing and cannot be repeated are very very frustrating to me. I think the majority of players feels that way.

I don't know anything about coding/programming, but maybe it's possible to implement redo, with increasing fees?

That way, it's financially not viable to redo a mission 10x for the ammo-samples because in the end the ammo samples-mission will cost like a kazillion credits...

grtz Merquise :)

Sorry,

Mission is no longer available in next patch (but I'm sure eventually the mob that drops it will be). There are multiple reasons discussed above, including terrans may want "wheres my uber level 9 eqipment mission" and Jenquai may want "wheres my uber level 9 equipment"... so to head off that headache is one of the reasons (including those given above) for this course of action.

It was a flavour mission that gave gear for a high price while it lasted. Not all missions have to give out prints, some may give out samples. Prints are given out for Agrippa Technology to prevent the technology falling into Terran or Jenpie hands. Agrippa Technology is where I have a better chance over time with.

Progen missions are subject to change, and finding the right balance is the state I'm in at the moment. Best to balance while its in Stress test. And no I'm not using the word ending in 'erf'

"Secondary flavour" .... "flavour mission".

:)

WTB Byakee-speak translator PST.

I figure "flavour" means something like "additional race specific content".

Anyway, skipping the mission rabble rabble rabble any news on BB ammo samples coming to a vendor until either DT arrives or ST4 ends? Or I am going to have to identify who can build the ammo and spam them to death with ammo requests until they go into hiding and cry for help even if I don't need ammo!

:)

Sorry,

Mission is no longer available in next patch (but I'm sure eventually the mob that drops it will be). There are multiple reasons discussed above, including terrans may want "wheres my uber level 9 eqipment mission" and Jenquai may want "wheres my uber level 9 equipment"... so to head off that headache is one of the reasons (including those given above) for this course of action.

It was a flavour mission that gave gear for a high price while it lasted. Not all missions have to give out prints, some may give out samples. Prints are given out for Agrippa Technology to prevent the technology falling into Terran or Jenpie hands. Agrippa Technology is where I have a better chance over time with.

Progen missions are subject to change, and finding the right balance is the state I'm in at the moment. Best to balance while its in Stress test. And no I'm not using the word ending in 'erf'

Sorry Byak, but this logic is so flawed I do not know where to begin. Both Terrans and Jenquai have their ubers in game already, albeit harder to get (Hellbore and DG would be the examples). That fact aside, the Brimstone Ballista is already in-game and it is not only manufacturable, but also tradable. Removing the mission that rewards it will not 'head off' and potential balance issue. Progens will continue to have access to this weapon.

A few "easy" solutions would be:

Make the ammo Manufacturable but no trade, then stick it on a vendor in QAR. If people want the ammo they can 'work for it'. QAR docking is faction based again

Make it drop from some high level mob (63+) with a ~5% drop rate, still no trade tagged. I know there is a cl66 Progen in Tarsis (I think its Tarsis) that drops nothing, have him drop this instead.

Simply saying it is here but it shouldn't be so I'm removing the mission doesn't resolve the problem. There are viable options for new ways to aquire this, we just need to find one everyone can live with for the rest of ST4. We all pretty much know DT won't be added anytime soon, too much other stuff that is way more important that needs done first.

• Upvote 2

Sorry Byak, but this logic is so flawed I do not know where to begin. Both Terrans and Jenquai have their ubers in game already, albeit harder to get (Hellbore and DG would be the examples). That fact aside, the Brimstone Ballista is already in-game and it is not only manufacturable, but also tradable. Removing the mission that rewards it will not 'head off' and potential balance issue. Progens will continue to have access to this weapon.

A few "easy" solutions would be:

Make the ammo Manufacturable but no trade, then stick it on a vendor in QAR. If people want the ammo they can 'work for it'. QAR docking is faction based again

Make it drop from some high level mob (63+) with a ~5% drop rate, still no trade tagged. I know there is a cl66 Progen in Tarsis (I think its Tarsis) that drops nothing, have him drop this instead.

Simply saying it is here but it shouldn't be so I'm removing the mission doesn't resolve the problem. There are viable options for new ways to aquire this, we just need to find one everyone can live with for the rest of ST4. We all pretty much know DT won't be added anytime soon, too much other stuff that is way more important that needs done first.

/signed

I'll put in a hard Temporary mission in 30 days time.

Requirements

1. Hand over symbol of honor

2. Kill CL 66 Boss (Fishbowl)

3. Kill Controller

4. Kill another CL 66 Boss

4. Get 1 brimstone ballista ammo sample of each type

5. Get a Brimstone Ballista to hopefully analyze

This should suit all concerned as you'll be fighting 66's and getting drops from it this way!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I'll put in a hard Temporary mission in 30 days time.

Requirements

1. Hand over symbol of honor

2. Kill CL 66 Boss (Fishbowl)

3. Kill Controller

4. Kill another CL 66 Boss

4. Get 1 brimstone ballista ammo sample of each type

5. Get a Brimstone Ballista to hopefully analyze

This should suit all concerned as you'll be fighting 66's and getting drops from it this way!

Are you taking the Mickey?

:huh:

All we want are AMMO SAMPLES added to a vendor.

And your idea instead of that is to make a mission that seems can only be attempted once, requires a group of players to do it killing a chain of lvl 66 bosses and if we don't get the ammo samples analyzed successfully we're so out of luck because it can't be repeated?

No, we didn't want a Brimstone Ballista to analyze.

The mission will be repeatable. ** Capture the cargo now is repeatable

And its either this or nothing.

The 3rd Mob CL 66 is suggested to either be:

A) The Warder

:huh: The Red Dragon Base.

Replies to here.

And no, I'm not kidding as this is going to be a 150 mission giving out samples. Its just now instead of their orginal CL 66 mob that dropped it you are 'farming' it by this mission.

No XP reward

No Credits

The reward is samples, not a blueprint, samples only. Tradable.

• Downvote 3

LMAO.....................................................*Choke*............*cough*.............. *cough*........... IMO, keep them. LOL this is an epic mission for ammo samples....Does everyone in the group get them? If I as a PS help an ammo make get them and they can be traded so what's in it for me? Silly .... It's like you are taking your ball and going home!

Edited by Mimir

I would really have to say you shouldnt make it the warder, with his crazy spawn time (not 100% sure he actually respawns other than on a reset atm honestly). he is already horribly camped on resets cause no one seems to be able to figure out his spawn timer, cause its not a 1 or 2 hour timer like all the other bosses in game, and its not his live timer either, again I don't honestly thing he is spawning correctly other than on a server reset

Gatekeeper Memnon wants to meet a true hero - visit him on Praetorium Mons (Primus planet). Bring your Symbol as proof.

And yes it should go into the next patch...

At least you get your Samples...

Remember, if you all have the mission in the group then all members in your group that kill it will get the mission updated. Actually, players may work together for a 'cut' of the action for guaranteed samples at the end. I've quickly put in the mission now, should there be a clamour for other very hard CL 66's then let me know... in a months time!

At least they are back in the game!!!!

** This mission is repeatable. It provides a mission token which you can redeem at Gratis Augustus Var for another go at "Capture the Cargo" which then provides a Symbol to be given up in this mission.

Remember, if you forfit the mission, you loose your Symbol.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Gatekeeper Memnon wants to meet a true hero - visit him on Praetorium Mons (Primus planet). Bring your Symbol as proof.

And yes it should go into the next patch...

At least you get your Samples...

Remember, if you all have the mission in the group then all members in your group that kill it will get the mission updated. Actually, players may work together for a 'cut' of the action for guaranteed samples at the end. I've quickly put in the mission now, should there be a clamour for other very hard CL 66's then let me know... in a months time!

At least they are back in the game!!!!

** This mission is repeatable. It provides a mission token which you can redeem at Gratis Augustus Var for another go at "Capture the Cargo" which then provides a Symbol to be given up in this mission.

Remember, if you forfit the mission, you loose your Symbol.

LOL ...and what will you do when the Dev working on the FB does his magic? Only have these drop in an organized FB? or is that just a pipe dream of that dev to get the FB back to something like it was in live? Or will that take a back seat to the boo boo mission?