How did you get to 150?

135 members have voted

1. 1. I made it to 150 by mostly:

• solo play
    • group play (not multiboxing, but includes Guild)
    • Solo & group (non multi, includes guild)
    • Mulit boxing
    • Being toured
    • Giving tours
    • Another option not listed (Please explain)

You are missing an option....all of the above. I started by getting toured, did a lot of solo stuff, did a little group stuff, had some guildies help me, did some multi-boxing, provided a tour, did jobs, farmed some mobs, my main is still only in the 120's right now, but by the time I reach 150, I will have participated in just about all of it. If I had to do it over again? Probably would do it all the same way again. Don't have the patience to do the Merlin method and my adult-ADD prevents me from doing the trade-run to 150 method or picking any one way to level 150. One of the great things about this game, soooo many ways to do it. (Some just take a LOT longer than others)

For my JE, I got there mostly with jobs with some mining thrown in, for my JT got there by having her do trade runs from Somerled to Fenris, until TL50, then used spillover for the rest of her levels.

I'm curious about how the majority of your leveling occurred. I realize most everyone will have done several of the options - but which got you the farthest?

Hello,

Well lets just say I go about starting a new toon different then most. Alot of players jump right into combat from day 1 as to where I get all the grinding out of the way first and by doing so I can level a toon pretty fast. I did a test a week or so ago and started 2 new toons, one another TS and TE. Now with the way the server is at the moment there is ways to level a toon very fast and I will be working on curveing some of the ways to level a toon to 150 in a week. Lets put it this way, if you get help from your 150 guildies, you can level trade to 50 in the first day and el to 50 in the 2nd day. I will not list the ways here as I am going to try and fix them as that is way to fast. Now if everything was the way it was in live if you put your mind to it you should be able to get to level 150 in a month to 2. TTYL :-)

Merlin

Solo'ed my JE first doing mining, tours, and terms up to explore lv45. Than my JD doing terms jobs with the JE making WH's to speed it along. Once I hit lv150 on my JD I leveled my JE on explore term missions using WH and the JD's return friend to super speed it. Next up I did my TT to tlv50 doing Charon to Earth Station runs with two jd's with summon friend ability placed at different sectors along the way. I calculated that even though its only a one way trade run it earned much more xp in a shorter amount of time this way than Fenris runs.

I'm curious about how the majority of your leveling occurred. I realize most everyone will have done several of the options - but which got you the farthest?

In that case my answer would be solo-multi boxing. I'm usually running two toons at a time, but usually not together. Mining with one while the other is doing combat/trade runs, etc.

• 5 months later...

JOBS, JOBS, JOBS...

U start off with a class thats good at 1 job be it trade or fighting. Start running that job into he ground till ur lvl 45, (you can more xp doing 5 combat jobs then killing 5 jobless mobs.) Then do ur second easiest way possible trade. why? Well now if u start up a JE who can wormhole you to parts of the galaxy where is annoying to travel back and forth normally. You start getting the picture this of course includes multi-boxing but it works w/o a kraken reactor installed. So u run the trade jobs into he ground with ur personal taxi and then you hit lvl 75 or so ol. Now there is a beautiful loop hole where picky a certain route makes u go in circles without needing a wormhole from your taxi. Thus u boost up to lvl 100 now u work on ur last bar which is explore, of course explore gives trade and explore xp, thus u got it up pretty quickly to 150 easily.

Guilds do help in this and are also fun to play with lol, but mainly it's jobs you ask any guildy at a young lvl what there doing, 50% of the time it's running jobs till he dings x50 lol the jobless mobs aren't worth fighting if the combat jobs mobs give more xp period... until the end where u get end game weapons.

That's how I lvled fast recently :blink:

There are some mobs that imo are worth fighting just because for their CL they seem to be total pushovers. Examples are CL 20 Scuttlebugs. With jobs you have to run back and forth between the mob and the station every 1-6 kills. With a field of mobs that are easy for their CL all you need is patience and ammo, depending on class. Also certain mob types are better than others for collecting loot to vendor. High stacking and high dropping loot is good, get yourself some unexpected trade levels on top of your combat levels.

Technicall, I'm not lv 150 yet, but getting there fairly quick. :)

I play a JE and have done 99% of it solo. I get EL and TL from mining (a tiny bit of dual-boxing you might say since I increase my TL by trading the ores to an alt). CL is a bit slow of course but still ok thanks to shield leech and combat cloak.

• 2 weeks later...

mix of everything, except multiple accounts back in live.

to get to lvl160-170ish, i did a lot of extra combat, jobs, tours, etc.

past that, i was too bored, so i used fishbowl loot to get to lvl202 :P

i had to organize at least 6-7 raids, be part of the leadership of another 15-20, and join 20+ others to get there ^_^

orion was crazy about raiding in the last 3 months of play B)

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='mounas' timestamp='1299534648' post='35923']
I do mostly solo, finally multibox, and participate in guild activities, but I am mostly a solitary player.
[/quote]
^^^This. Sans the guild activities mostly. Not really to a point where I can benefit my guild other than answering random question people have.

• 4 weeks later...
Really the eaisest way the level is to go out and do trade runs or get a load of manes for max trade then go group up do some damn fighting and then go on tours thats the secret in leveling.

If the toon has Negotiate, i do trade runs till TL 45 or 50, with some explore jobs mixed in along the way just to change it up a lil bit. Once TL/EL are maxed out, finish up with combat jobs till 150.

If the toon doesn't have negotiate.. explore jobs till EL/TL 50, then combat jobs.