a lower shortest warp distance request

Hey all,

I am slightly 'annoyed', which is a big word as I am very very happy with the game :-) , but I remember that back in "live" I could warp from roid to roid and mine them. Now it is different.. I have to fly to every rock out of reach. This is a lot more time consuming, XP wise. Also I can't warp to MoB's when they are not within shooting range and I hardly can get to them sometimes with my slow engine..

Can the minimum warp distance be lowered like it was in "live"?

Cheers.

~Supernovae

I had to do a mind-meld with Mr. Spock and this is what he got out of me:

As a miner with low level prospect you had to do some maneuvering.

But once you grew a bit man-hair, you would either mine the roid or warp to it - thrust was not needed.

This would equate to a minimal warp range of between 2 and 2.5k - correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by Tyran

minimum warp distance is currently 5k, which is what I'm informed it was in the live game. It's easy to change though if required.

Hello,

I remember you could warp at 1k or higher in live. I use to mine a lot in live and I also warped to each rock. TTYL :-)

Merlin

Hello,

I remember you could warp at 1k or higher in live. I use to mine a lot in live and I also warped to each rock. TTYL :-)

Merlin

If even the guy with 10 lvl 150's says it was 1k... :-)

Edit: number of lvl 150 chars

Edited by supernovae

I think a 2 to 2.5km warp minimum would be a good compromise. I too remember being able to warp from rock to rock even at the lower levels when your mining range wasn't that good. 5km just seems a bit extreme but I feel 1km would be too short.

Just my $.02

It doesn't matter to me what range warp is.

If you want it reduced and if the devs want to make it like it was in game find some proof of the range there are some vids of players flying though sectors maybe it's in there. Go by collective memory idk.

Whatever distance is chosen is up to the devs they chance the number on the server for warp distance. So convince them it should be 1K and make it happen.

Just saying i remember it being over 4k 3.99 no workie 4.00 warp possible.

Now ofcourse i could be wrong but until somebody shows me look here is proof ill keep trusting my memory of the game.

Id suggest you get this pushed onto the developers agenda.

Regards Prom

Edited by PrometheusNL

On the flip side;

as prospecting skill is leveled our prospecting range increases, it also increases with the use of devices like sculptor, miner, goldtooth....

is it not being able to warp to an asteroid or perhaps it's out of your reach skill level wise so you have to get closer to it? Also it could be a matter of getting as close as possible to reduce reactor use. Could it be the spacing of the asteroids in relationship to each other in space?

I would suggest we look all both sides before making a decision about how close is too close to warp. This impacts other aspects of the game beside mining, and personally I don't see an issue with mining atm as a JE I've mined through all my levels. I do have to say the ore fields themselves might be a tad spaced out as far as how close the asteroids are to each other in some fields. If you are high enough level it isn't an issue, unless you are mining ore above your level.

However; with the mob ai in it's current state of them trying to run away at max speed, that might be a valid argument to reduce warp distance, especially for beam/projectile users who depend on short range attacks. but again on the flip side as fast as the mobs run away we could be warping into the middle of agro trying to kill our prey.

True, I didn't think to take in account of the new ore field densities. That could be skewing my memory of what we could do in Live. Still I've adapted and have gotten used to crawling to the nearest rock. No biggie. ;)

True, I didn't think to take in account of the new ore field densities. That could be skewing my memory of what we could do in Live. Still I've adapted and have gotten used to crawling to the nearest rock. No biggie. ;)

Roll a TS. Problem solved. :P

If you want it reduced and if the devs want to make it like it was in game find some proof of the range there are some vids of players flying though sectors maybe it's in there. Go by collective memory idk.

Whatever distance is chosen is up to the devs they chance the number on the server for warp distance. So convince them it should be 1K and make it happen.

Now ofcourse i could be wrong but until somebody shows me look here is proof ill keep trusting my memory of the game.

Regards Prom

Well isn't what most Prospecters are saying proof enuf? :-)

Regards Prom

Hey guys.. I have found something that could be considered proof.

This comes from a document from someone describing how to play JE.

....saving you both skill points on that skill as well as credits on more expensive engines.

There is currently one bug in this skill. It manifests when two or more players with high

level Navigate and a Lazarus device. If two such players are within 2k of each other and

one attempts to warp, the engines will cycle up, but not go to warp. Then when shut down

they will not ready for warp again. In order to clear this each player must cross a sector

gate, dock at a station, wormhole, or log out and then back in.....

Source:

http://www.earthandbeyond.ca/community/coolstuff/jeguide.pdf

Supernovae

due to popular demand, I'll set the min warp distance at 1k. Let it not be said that we aren't democratic. Hang on, does that even make sense? I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. etc etc.