Remove guilds from the Stress Test period-its like 2 unions have taken over! Free us!

I have had the opportunity to chat with Magoo and he is his guild, his main priority is helping his membersand I've seen him in chat in game helping a lot of players outside his guild, too. VonCorp I see them around, usually in passing.

If I have an issue with a person I /tell them first, if that doesn't resolve it depending on what it is and how the conversation goes I will go to their guild leader; I then avoid that person, if he's at a hunting spot I go elsewhere to keep the situation from escalating, if I was there first and someone comes along, there's always enough mobs to share. I may not kill as many as fast but there's still enough to go around for both of us. 99.99% of the time situations can be resolved by either talking to the person or their guild leadership.

do large guilds "run" some of the raid content? yes, because of their size they have the people to be able to run the events more.

Do the raids need to be harder so only big guilds can do them? no. That would remove a large portion of the game populations chance to do it. Instead make another gate in the same sector for harder content for those with the "manpower" to do them.

Why punish small guilds and solo players so a few can dominate the content? Or force people into guilds they don't want to join?

Personally I like the way they have made the raids doable in keeping with the smaller population. Maybe the way to go is to keep it like it is but add another gate with harder content for those who want the bigger challenge when everything else gets done and ready for live.

I've always felt it's better to add content than to add more "space" it keeps the community closer and more interactive.

Simple solution would be to randomize the spawn timers for all/most of the "world" bosses (GoBB, Warder, etc). Make the random 1hour to 36hrs, or 12 hours to 33 hours or some crap.

And its not guild themselves that create problems, its the players. Asshole players will be assholes, if they are in a guild or playing solo.

Simple solution would be to randomize the spawn timers for all/most of the "world" bosses (GoBB, Warder, etc). Make the random 1hour to 36hrs, or 12 hours to 33 hours or some crap.

And its not guild themselves that create problems, its the players. Asshole players will be assholes, if they are in a guild or playing solo.

I think that's a good idea, and give these bosses the chance to sometimes (somewhat rarely) to appear in different locations to where they normally appear, limited to level apropriate sectors.

or how about instanced spawns... you go in with just your group... but then thats another game... personally I like instanced raids... can we do instanced?... although the challenge of dueling it out with another big guild or teaming up with another guild was part of the fun of enb as well... making and breaking alliances... wouldnt want to remove that completely...

but imo this thread has gotten a little derailed... from the topic... and imo removing guilds is not a good idea and does not solve anything that the op was looking for except to remove guild tags from the game...

Edited by Avani

Camping up to 36 hours is no big deal rly...

In fact, a 200+ hour random spawn time can be lived with. Sure you will need to take shifts with guildies to keep that up. If its the only spot that drops an item the 200+ hour spawn time will only increase the value :)

In fact random timers will benefit large guilds the most because they are better at maintaining a presence at a spawnpoint.

But one possssssssssibility is...

Player numbers in the area affecting the amount of mobs in a raid. This could more-or-less neutralize the need to have a large guild to do raids.

Ofcourse it should ignore players below a certain level, as well as have several other mechanics that make it non-abusive.

I'm in Vonbon's Corp. (Listens to the Boooo & Hissszzz)

Forgive me guild but..This is good.

Our MOTD is "We need harder and more bosses to Kill"

IMO, there is something wrong with the bosses all of them!

They are not hitting with the power they use to in live.

No PLAYER should be able to solo Black Beard, The Controller,

or The Master in the Fish Bowl. I am hearing just this in New

Player chat and in guild chat.

Where there use to be 24 man raids in the FB now is being done

with 12!

I am in Voncorp but I am still too low to raid with them and

contribute something to the battle, That is My choice not the

leaders of VBC. If they ask me I would join and they have and I

did.

Back to my point, when the STRESS TEST gets to the point of LIVE

and everyone tells of their experiences and are truthful, honest

and Calm about their concerns, Things Will get Better.

IMO, there does need to be new and harder Bosses as well as new items :)

Every day I see a new player joining Voncorp the guild and every

guild is getting bigger.

Your choice now becomes are you going to sit on the side lines or

join one of the Bigger guilds OR merge your littler guilds.

I was the leader of Eternal Order on the Pegasus Server we were

everywhere and had alliances with 2 other guilds one was the one

Spa was in (Sorry bud don't remember the name) and the other was

Warlords.

There were too many times that We still had to compete with A99

in Roc fighting the Bully's.

Bottom line get in a big guild, merge your littler guilds and kick

BUTT !

Guild dominations is going to happen always has.

Right now the bosses are out of wrack IMO and there are not enough

to go around.

Hopefully the addition of the MORDANA (Soon ?) will make thing better but it will take time.

I'd also like the Raid commands and Raid leaders working and the

return of Raid bidding for items. So that we Vonboncorp and Builder

inc. can invite the proper leveled players to the raids.

Luv

Phorlaug...........:)

Edited by Phorlaug

As Kenu said, if you see any player acting inappropriately, please contact a GM. I have not joined a guild, and I am quite happy. You really have 4 options - join a large guild, join a small one, start a new one, or don't join one. You could always join the 3rd or 4th largest guild to create some competition with the 1st and 2nd :)

Sorry to sound a bit rebellious here...

As Kenu said, if you see any player acting inappropriately, please contact a GM.

You mean this comment if I am not mistaken:

First of all if you see any guilds or players affecting the gameplay of other players like camping lots of bosses or raids nonstop please at least send the GMs a report. Report anybody you suspect is macroing and we will investigate. It is not ok for powerful guilds to intentionally hurt the game experience for others. It is not ok for ANYONE to intentionally hurt the game experience for others.

Well, I'm really not sure how to put this.

Banning the camping of bosses and non-stop raiding is a bit like telling people to stop breathing...

As for macro-ing, has that really been banned? Last I heard the same rules as during live apply: attended macro-ing is allowed.

Banning the camping of bosses and non-stop raiding is a bit like telling people to stop breathing...

As for macro-ing, has that really been banned? Last I heard the same rules as during live apply: attended macro-ing is allowed.

It's ok to camp boss spawns. But camping them only to keep good items away from other players is NOT ok. Kill the boss, get the items you need, get some for your friends even. Take what you want and need, but don't hoard. Let other players have a turn every once and a while.

He's not saying that we'll kick people for camping. I'm pretty sure he means, as I would back up, that when you feel someone may be macroing (unattended or in a way which is detrimental to gameplay), cheating, or playing in a blatantly unfair way (i.e. exploiting a bug or even multi-boxing to camp), you are encouraged to contact a GM through the support system. That doesn't mean the GM will agree with you and take action against the other player; It is generally up to the discretion of the GM handling the case whether or not the situation is severe enough to warrant a warning, some manner of "punishment", or otherwise.

I made a mistake in my original SQL query. Here's an updated chart, actually by account this time, of the top ten guilds. It ended up being mostly the same as the last one, lol.

post-54-099016400 1282105405_thumb.png

In other news, I don't want to figure out how many players aren't in guilds, partially because I'd have to determine who's not in a guild because they never play, and who's not in a guild because they play solo, so forget that. I'll just throw some random figures out there and everyone can determine that it means whatever they like it to mean. We have about 7300 accounts, 2100 of them have at least one character in a guild, 2300 of them have been active in the past month. Enjoy drawing some meaningful conclusion from that.

post-54-099016400 1282105405_thumb.png

It's ok to camp boss spawns. But camping them only to keep good items away from other players is NOT ok. Kill the boss, get the items you need, get some for your friends even. Take what you want and need, but don't hoard. Let other players have a turn every once and a while.

There may be a problem with that, each player can have 18 toons (3 accounts 6 alts each). So even a guild with 10 people would take forever till they have the gear of a given raid.

If I'm not mistaken untill those toons are all geared up they are not denying anyone anything.

He's not saying that we'll kick people for camping. I'm pretty sure he means, as I would back up, that when you feel someone may be macroing (unattended or in a way which is detrimental to gameplay), cheating, or playing in a blatantly unfair way (i.e. exploiting a bug or even multi-boxing to camp), you are encouraged to contact a GM through the support system. That doesn't mean the GM will agree with you and take action against the other player; It is generally up to the discretion of the GM handling the case whether or not the situation is severe enough to warrant a warning, some manner of "punishment", or otherwise.

Macro-ing detrimental to gameplay is not allowed. What is meant by this though?

Every macro could be categorized as this in one way or other.

I'm in Vonbon's Corp. (Listens to the Boooo & Hissszzz)

Forgive me guild but..This is good.

Our MOTD is "We need harder and more bosses to Kill"

IMO, there is something wrong with the bosses all of them!

They are not hitting with the power they use to in live.

No PLAYER should be able to solo Black Beard, The Controller,

or The Master in the Fish Bowl. I am hearing just this in New

Player chat and in guild chat.

Where there use to be 24 man raids in the FB now is being done

with 12!

I am in Voncorp but I am still too low to raid with them and

contribute something to the battle, That is My choice not the

leaders of VBC. If they ask me I would join and they have and I

did.

Back to my point, when the STRESS TEST gets to the point of LIVE

and everyone tells of their experiences and are truthful, honest

and Calm about their concerns, Things Will get Better.

IMO, there does need to be new and harder Bosses as well as new items :P

Every day I see a new player joining Voncorp the guild and every

guild is getting bigger.

Your choice now becomes are you going to sit on the side lines or

join one of the Bigger guilds OR merge your littler guilds.

I was the leader of Eternal Order on the Pegasus Server we were

everywhere and had alliances with 2 other guilds one was the one

Spa was in (Sorry bud don't remember the name) and the other was

Warlords.

There were too many times that We still had to compete with A99

in Roc fighting the Bully's.

Bottom line get in a big guild, merge your littler guilds and kick

BUTT !

Guild dominations is going to happen always has.

Right now the bosses are out of wrack IMO and there are not enough

to go around.

Hopefully the addition of the MORDANA (Soon ?) will make thing better but it will take time.

I'd also like the Raid commands and Raid leaders working and the

return of Raid bidding for items. So that we Vonboncorp and Builder

inc. can invite the proper leveled players to the raids.

Luv

Phorlaug...........:)

I agree with the above.

I have been in many many raids in Voncorp, we do not deny anyone their shot at the raids / bosses. However, many times we have been there clearing minions etc. only to have the boss stolen by a solo or small group kiting him off. Do we complain or start albeit weird threads on forums, or degrade another guild in public chat channels in-game? No.

We have done joint raids with other guilds, (hello Builders Inc. guys :) ) and IMO, had fun and made new friends. We have also left lots of loot floating for anyone that could use it.

This is an mmorpg, learn to get along with others. Maybe even try asking to be grouped instead of name calling on chat channels and forums, would get you much further. ;)

To the op: Post with your main.

To clarify for you if someone didn't already answer:

It's not banning the camping of bosses, it's banning the absolute domination of a spawn indefinitely. If you're camping it for a day or two, no big deal. If your guild has held it for a few months, the leader is likely to receive a warning because albeit you can do what you want in-game we want everyone to be able to use it, there's no justification for an indefinite camp. If we check your member base and a good percentage of them have the loot we're going to get curious on why you're holding the spawn. Also, you start charging for loot and you might expect problems. A lot of the developers saw this behavior in live, and it was discouraging to a lot of people.

Macroing is really just a case by case basis. We watch for a while (invisibly), and we check to see if it's attended or not. It also depends on what you're macroing too. I don't personally understand the draw in this game. We're not going to know what you find boring unless you tell us. Macroing it is simply concealing a content problem that's boring enough to make you want to macro. How about instead, you guys get together and tell us what and why you'd want to macro and maybe we can come up with a better way to handle it so you're less likely to macro. We can always make it nearly impossible too, but that's a lot of effort on our part to fix a macro.

In response to the above last post from you, think of it this way, if it violates one of the rules in the Net-7 Code of Conduct document from our announcements section, it'll earn you a swift kick in the account of some type, if not, it'll be up to the GM, though an outright perma ban of any type has to have loads of proof so there's no reason to be overly worried unless you intend to tread the line as often as possible.

If your camping a spawn as a guild for long periods and your attitude is the other player cant have it cause they arnt in your guild, then your an AH, pure and simple and deserve to be kicked in the teeth. There is absoulty no justification to grief others and prevent them from obtaining in game items because the guild your in is "bigger and better". It is childish, arrogant and makes your whole guild look like a bunch of jerks and I most certainly wouldnt have any respect for you or yours. And if your guild leader is condoning it, then i would have even less respect for them. I have been GL for WPX for ten years now in multiple games and I can tell you neither myself, or my guild members would condone such asinine behaviour.

This is an mmorpg, learn to get along with others. Maybe even try asking to be grouped instead of name calling on chat channels and forums, would get you much further. :P

To the op: Post with your main.

Absolutely ask to be invited, if your of the proper level and can use the gear on your Character NOWand can contribute something to the fight and can be there from start to finish.

But hey I don't make the rules, policy's or charters I'm just a pawn in the game of life urr E&B.

If your camping a spawn as a guild for long periods and your attitude is the other player cant have it cause they arnt in your guild, then your an AH, pure and simple and deserve to be kicked in the teeth. There is absolutely no justification to grief others and prevent them from obtaining in game items because the guild your in is "bigger and better". It is childish, arrogant and makes your whole guild look like a bunch of jerks and I most certainly wouldn't have any respect for you or yours. And if your guild leader is condoning it, then i would have even less respect for them. I have been GL for WPX for ten years now in multiple games and I can tell you neither myself, or my guild members would condone such asinine behavior.

Nothing but respect Starfox.

As far as I know no one is doing this or saying this, they're just being accused of it.

When guilds get bigger and bigger they are NOT better the game Universe is getting smaller and their presence is being seen more and more in EVERY place and I can see where it would look like they're camping.

Like I said, and I'm not defending Voncorp or Builders or any other guild that has that amount of presence.

The Bosses have got to Hit a harder, there's got to be more bosses and high level MOBS to go around.

YES Soon soon tm.....

With this discussion we are building a better game...

Phorlaug..

(Edit: Addition) If you were in my Guild and you were caught Macroing You were Booted from the guild and EVERYTHING you had in the Guild vault was no longer yours. There was NO second chance !

IMO you weren't playing the Game so STFU GTFO....

Edited by Phorlaug

First let me say that I have never seen anyone guilded or not camping any spawn point and refusing to allow a player to kill a mob. maybe your problem is you like to hunt solo like me,well then you need to do it at a time when there is a low number of people on the server .

Best time for a low number of people on the server is around 3-4am EDT,numbers are around 50-60 people. So if you really want to hunt that mob and keep all the loot for yourself that is when you should hunt. At a prime time like Friday evening,Saturday,Sunday when there is a max number of people on the server chances are real good that someone is killing your favorite mob,but that is the way it is.

By the way I am in Builders INC and personally have never saw or seen any "nutty behavior" from Magoo ,strong opinions yes. So please,as we used to say in EVE when someone made a rant post with a noob alt account,"Can I have your stuff when you leave ???"