Remove guilds from the Stress Test period-its like 2 unions have taken over! Free us!

Lets see.......the peeps from buildersinc and Vancorp will object but I ask you to consider removing guilds from this stress test as its only a stress test and those two guilds have corrupted the game to the point where if you are not in them its a pain at best and no fun for certain. Points to be made- the leader of builders needs some counseling or meds as evidenced by his in game posts - look at them? the guy is nutso?????

Vancrap has figured out how to use macros to camp key spots 24/7 just to deny any others the opportunity to enjoy higher lvl spots in the game. Devs need to look into this as its a fact. Devs look at your game and what's going on??? Its nuts! You've either got a power hungry nut job ruling who gets what built or some other whack job guild exploiting what you can loot here for their own limited use which is crazy. Open this game back up to the "common man" or you ARE going to loose more and more members. Its not fun for most of us and MOST of us have no interest in joining a guild ruled by a nutjob in order to have fun or some whackjob guild that invests their time in working good spots not for their own fun but only to DENY others from having fun. Deny is the key word her buds. Think about this...... we actually have, in a great endeavor of an emu by cool peeps working to make a great game live again, that have losers camping with robos and macros that are ruining the game for most......... what's up with that? As a someone that has and wants to continue to donate to the cause this is just wrong!

Hello? Denial is not just a river in Egypt! :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I don't think we want to remove guilds, as they have to get stressed too as part of the stress test.

What are the spots you're talking about? Fishbowl, controller etc?

To be honest I don't really have much idea what happens in terms of player involvement in the game - I'm dependent on players telling me what the problems are. Inevitably the same thing happened in the live game; how was it dealt with when the game was running back then?

I can't think of many things we could do - limiting guild sizes and balance, analysing guild's presence, having random raids and so on. This is where you have a big disadvantage of sticking fanatically to exact sunset content - powerful guilds will know the good areas and control them ...

Maybe I should create an account to play 'incognito' as I've never seen any problems like this, but it could be because people behave when devs are around ... I don't know.

I'm at a loss to know what we (as devs) can do to help ... any suggestions?

• Upvote 4

that is to funny, I like how 1 you're hidein behind an account you made just to whine and 2 I like how you know for a "fact" voncorp is "macro camping" spawns.. I can only assume you habe no idea what macros are. you forgot to add voncorp obviously hacked the server so when they kill BBG he drops 3 of each item and they are now just camping him to deny you personal loot.

First of all if you see any guilds or players affecting the gameplay of other players like camping lots of bosses or raids nonstop please at least send the GMs a report. Report anybody you suspect is macroing and we will investigate. It is not ok for powerful guilds to intentionally hurt the game experience for others. It is not ok for ANYONE to intentionally hurt the game experience for others.

But it is equally not ok to take shots at guild leaders and say they need medication/counseling, are whackjobs, or losers.

If you want us to seriously consider a suggestion like this you are going to have to rephrase your statement.

There are some big guilds in this game, but as far as I know we haven't received many reports of them abusing other players/guilds. If they are, send the GMs PMs and let us know. With no references or proof, making a topic like this is not a good way to tell us.

Lets see.......the peeps from buildersinc and Vancorp will object but I ask you to consider removing guilds from this stress test as its only a stress test and those two guilds have corrupted the game to the point where if you are not in them its a pain at best and no fun for certain. Points to be made- the leader of builders needs some counseling or meds as evidenced by his in game posts - look at them? the guy is nutso?????

Vancrap has figured out how to use macros to camp key spots 24/7 just to deny any others the opportunity to enjoy higher lvl spots in the game. Devs need to look into this as its a fact. Devs look at your game and what's going on??? Its nuts! You've either got a power hungry nut job ruling who gets what built or some other whack job guild exploiting what you can loot here for their own limited use which is crazy. Open this game back up to the "common man" or you ARE going to loose more and more members. Its not fun for most of us and MOST of us have no interest in joining a guild ruled by a nutjob in order to have fun or some whackjob guild that invests their time in working good spots not for their own fun but only to DENY others from having fun. Deny is the key word her buds. Think about this...... we actually have, in a great endeavor of an emu by cool peeps working to make a great game live again, that have losers camping with robos and macros that are ruining the game for most......... what's up with that? As a someone that has and wants to continue to donate to the cause this is just wrong!

Hello,

Ok 1st off I know the leader of Builders Inc personally and his play style might not be the same as yours, but calling him a "Nut Job" in a public form is totally uncalled for! As most players know I am not only a Dev, but a very active player in the game and I check out camping spots all the time and yes some of the players are there more then others, but I have not seen the kind of problems you are describing. I will over the course of the next several days watch alittle closer to see if there is indeed a problem. I will ask that you refrain from calling other players names as I am sure you would not like the same in return! TTYL :-)

Merlin

• Upvote 1

Huh???

except for the edit*botting*/edit what is your point?

Edited by Mimir

OH my god i just found this topic and find it funny as hell.

I love comments by people with no facts to back them up

:looking at you topic starter:

Nice name.

BTW Magoo rocks, our guild rocks and we like Voncorp so what EXACTLY is your problem??

How about you start your own guild and gain lots of members.

P.s. AAAA ha ha ha ha ha funny topic

let me translate what he is saying : please devs i cant get what i want so please remove the bad bad people that are bad :

AAAAA HAHAHAHAHH!

also please don't hide yourself, tell us who you are , don't hide behind some new account.

this is crazy!

i have been a voncorp member since st3 and have NEVER heard talk of macro use in this guild! voncorp does 2 weekend raids, usually around 3 pm est,for maybe 2 hours,we usually gather outside qar and form 2-4 groups, then visit the various raid spots. we dont camp! we are certianly open to ANY player who shows up and requests to join in the raid. i myself have spoken to magoo (though i dont know him) in chat/vent and he was kind and helpful to me.

i myself have built weps/shields/engs to many newbies at earth station at my own expence.

the op must have some other issue with enb, or the community, to make such accusations

thank you

blattu

Edited by Blattu

Now that I have woken up a bit and had time to think of this CRAZY CRAZY post. Two things, Magoo and his group have helped more new players in guild and out than any other group of players on server. Fact!

Aye this may be due to the numbers, but watch the chat, try to not get upset of how something is said but what is said. Great group of players. As for the Voncorp group I have never had a bad time from any of their guild, in fact it is hard to even find any, as they are so low key as to be almost invisible.

And I am pretty sure even with you starting a new char. just to stir the pot, there are ways that you can be traced. Think about it.

I have no knowledge of anyone from our Guild or Builders Inc. using Macros... and if i had i would have dealt with it myself... its true VonCorp and Builders are 2 of the biggest guilds on server but that doesnt mean we are exploiting anything... i think this person really needs to get thier facts straight before coming here and bashing like this... i know the leader of Builders Inc. personally and hes not the person you are describing in your rant... in fact if i wasnt in Voncorp i would be in Builders Inc. because he is the leader... my 2 cents

IMHO, the only problem here is the encounters are still very primitive.

Once the DEV's get them working properly, the camping issue will get better, or worse.

You'll then need to be in a powerful guild to take them down. =)

Geez, what a whiner - and hiding behind a made-up name just to make your whine-post is soooo pathetic - next time ask your Mom if it's OK to do something like that, mmmmmKay?

I was a guild-member in Live but am a solo player here in ST. I have had ZERO issues with the guilds named in this rant.

I hear WoW calling your name.

Wow. Just simply wow.

I can vouch for Magoo - and pretty much the entire leadership of the guild (such as it is, we aren't exactly micromanaging overlords or any such thing) are all good folks. We just like to play the game.

As for VonCorp - earlier on (like back at the beginning of this ST) individuals in Builders Inc. may have had some issues with individuals in VonCorp, but most if not all the VonCorp folks I've had to deal with are friendly or reasonable folks. As Mimir pointed out upthread, they are fairly low key.

We might still try to compete for the pops on Controller/Warder/GoBB and what have you, and we might joke in guild chat about the "VonCorp Battlefleet popping in" at highly valued MOB spawns... and that's just the nature of the game. :)

As for "controlling the build market"... I think most of us really just build for ourselves and our guildmates; and in many cases, we give away a lot of what we build gratis or for button cost (I do so particularly gear under L8 that my toons make).

I also know that (at least within our guild, and it wouldn't surprise me to see outside guild) that Magoo has given considerable amounts of time and credits to helping folks in game.

I'd like to encourage the OP to at least contact Magoo or one of our guild officers to resolve things before making a post such as this.

first of all, and I have been meaning to say this for sometime now... Jamosite... I LOVE your drifting pic in your sig... lmao everytime I see it... I cant help but watch it...

as for the OP... lets get a few things straight...

1. you cant punish all guilds because of a few...

2. People that macro and bot are going to macro and bot and dont need a guild to do it

3. Join Static :)

Keep in mind that most guilds are not like that...

and on a side note... if you want to rant... you really need to do it on your main account and not make a new one... take it from a veteran forum whore here... you will get no respect or acknowledgement by posting anonomously... (hell its the internet for Chirst sake where most peoples balls are as big as water tanks already... your identity is already pretty well hidden and no one is coming to your house over a rant)

Edited by Avani

I`m in a much smaller guild my self and play pretty often to.

And indeed i see a few bigger guilds: flying, playing, and having fun!

But i never have seen them , denying me to kill a mob .

In fact almost every 1 on the server are very polite and helpful if there is a problem.

Thats something that was missing in the `live` version.

So thumbs up for all.

• Upvote 2

Finally somebody is releasing the truth. You know what else he didn't mention? Did you know Magoo was the 2nd gunman on the grassy noll? Voncorp is actually behind the oil spill. Oh it feels good to finally get all of this out in the open. Osama Bin Laden is not a real person, he is a macro created by a joint effort between Voncorp and Builders Inc to drive up the costs of oil, gas, and Ten Gu bile.

• Upvote 1

Here you go:

post-54-027030200 1282052452_thumb.jpg

This goes by accounts, not by individual avatars. Note that no guild has more than 14% of guild members. You wouldn't believe the ridiculously long MySQL query I had to write to make this happen, lol.

Edit: Stricken-out text indicates where I lied. See my later post for the chart of guild membership by account, this one is by avatar.

Edited by C Del
  • Upvote 1

Here you go:

This goes by accounts, not by individual avatars. Note that no guild has more than 14% of guild members. You wouldn't believe the ridiculously long MySQL query I had to write to make this happen, lol.

Very nice pie chart. but........

Wait! I don’t see the guild of Perpetual Whiners, there must be some mistake.

Here you go:

But wait, C Del, how about adding in the non-guild count as well? I mean surely some of us are to blame for the OP's woes, no? :)

Here you go:

VonCorp Galactic Empire	463
Builders Inc	322
Builders LLC	274
Freedom-Fighters	265
Static	198
Founders Federation	120
Pirate Lord	115
Guardian	111
The Shadows	82
Executives of Infiniti	75

Not that big :)

Thats your top 10 anyway - been sat on this for a while, because i was looking at putting some stats on the portal :)

But this goes by Avatars - NOT accounts ... lol

VonCorp Galactic Empire	463
Builders Inc	322
Builders LLC	274
Freedom-Fighters	265
Static	198
Founders Federation	120
Pirate Lord	115
Guardian	111
The Shadows	82
Executives of Infiniti	75
  • Upvote 1

Nice pie C Del *cuts out a slice hmmm*.

To the OP: Post with your main.

Removing guilds would only reduce the hysteria associated with guild tags it won't change behaviors. And guild chat channel if not available would be replaced with an IRC channel - twice as deadly as an in-game channel because the alert can go out to "guild members" not logged in to the game to login for whatever reason.

When I played EVE 90% of the game was run on IRC.

Here you go:

Can you make this show what percentage of membership in these guilds is made up of alts held by the same account name? 8P