Web Team Updates

Well,

Ive not posted anything on what im working on recently, so here is my update.

As you know ive recently added a few small changes to things like the sig builder and the registration process.

Im now working on..... *drum roll*

This is going to take a long while before there is a version available for public use, as i need to speak to the Devs to find out what database im going to link this to.

This will NOT link to live, as we wont give away all our secrets, and will probably be 2-3 months behind the live database.

I am also working on a control panel to allow toggles to certain functions, as i am trying to allow build lists to be generated automatically from the character database, this will be a live query, so therefor im looking giving you guys the option to hide, or make it public.

So thats my update...

Cant put a time scale on this, so please dont ask... all i will say is, it will be done when its done :)

Slayer

will drop information (i.e. what mob drops a given item) be removed from the player view of the data?

Though I wouldn't like that particularly, it might make using more current data or even live data viable (people will have to guess where to go to get that Musca IV either way, if the loot tables get re-worked more frequently than the data schema is released to the public).

Also, can we remove the items that are at the dev-only sectors? I never much cared to see these "teaser" items that we'll never have.

This will NOT link to live, as we wont give away all our secrets, and will probably be 2-3 months behind the live database.

How do we test drops if we don't know where a drop is until 2-3 months later? lol

Also I like the current interface to the database just fine.

Although it could do without tracking who builds what and parts needed in alphabetical order.

Listing who builds the item is not useful and anyway clutters up the page.

The interface isnt going to change all that much, but as its going to be linked to the game account, i am adding toggles to be able to turn things off and on.

Such as the ability to share your complete build list, turn off viewing of build lists and any other options i can think off.

Any other suggestions, feel free to post here :rolleyes:

Update:

Progress is being made with the integration of the Item Database.

Here are a few screen shots to take a look at :lol:

As you can see, not much has changed in the way it looks, however it is much smoother and faster

Let me know what you all think.

Keep checking back for more updates.

And dont ask me when its going live, because i just dont know, have lots more work to do yet.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

AS far as hidden items cant you just add a field in the DB that, when checked, will "hide" those search results you want hidden. So you could update the DB to keep it current, and keep those hidden items a secret until they are ready to be unveiled. I do not know anything about DB's so maybe this isn't possible, but it's a good idea I think.

Also, maybe this isn't the place to post it(tell me where if not) but I keep seeing people say "That's not how it was in live". Live was 6+ years ago... there are new ideas in games that are awesome and would not upset the balance of the game.

Mail is one example that comes to mind(how hard would it be to impliment? No idea, but In-Game Mail is ftw).

I do not know if this type of stuff is "in the works" but just because it wasn't that way in live doesn't mean it shouldn't be that way now. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of "how it used to be".

Please only see the positives in this post, it is not a rant by any means. I appreciate everything the DEVS, GM's, testers, etc have done and all the time and $$ devoted to get this back and available to play.

AS far as hidden items cant you just add a field in the DB that, when checked, will "hide" those search results you want hidden. So you could update the DB to keep it current, and keep those hidden items a secret until they are ready to be unveiled. I do not know anything about DB's so maybe this isn't possible, but it's a good idea I think.

This is what has happened, how ever, we need the Content devs to go through the existing content (that has been added or changed since the dump was released) and set the 'hide' flag :)

As for the rest, ill let the game devs take those questions :)

Mail is one example that comes to mind(how hard would it be to impliment? No idea, but In-Game Mail is ftw).

I think this is something we'd like to do. EA did have a simple in-game mail system that its customer service reps would use to communicate with players, but, like them, we would need to implement it through slash-commands. That said, I think it would be a bit too much to add this kind of functionality right now, but hopefully we can look at doing so once server development progresses a little further.

I think this is something we'd like to do. EA did have a simple in-game mail system that its customer service reps would use to communicate with players, but, like them, we would need to implement it through slash-commands. That said, I think it would be a bit too much to add this kind of functionality right now, but hopefully we can look at doing so once server development progresses a little further.

That works for me. Hey I am just glad it is up and running. I am sure that you guys have a lot of great ideas that you want to put in game in the future and I know resources are limited. Glad to hear that it is a possibility in the future to have those things in the game. Thanks again for all the hard work!