I have a new idea!

Hello,

Before talking to the rest of the team I came up with an idea that could or could not be fun, but wanted to see what the rest of you thought about it. My idea would be a way to put so called bountys on other players. It would be like going to a job termnal, but you would put out a bounty instead. It would cost a bit to do this say around 10 mil or so. What would happen is that when you put a bounty on someone it would spawn a mob say 5 to 10 lvl's above that player and would spend the next 24 hours tracking them down. Now the player who had the bounty placed on them could get the bounty off them 1 of 2 ways. 1, kill the bounty hunter mob or 2 play hide & seek with it for the next 24 hours (Playing) time on that toon. Now only one bounty could be placed on any one toon as to not have 50 of the things chasing say Riddick around the map! lol J/K'n Riddick. I think it would be fun, but before someone says it, "Yes I know that was not in live" but what the heck. Since pvp may never be in this might be a way to take it's place. Anyway, let me know what you think. TTYL :-)

Merlin

P.S. Remember, this is a fun idea and would be a way to liven up the game a bit.

Hello,

Before talking to the rest of the team I came up with an idea that could or could not be fun, but wanted to see what the rest of you thought about it. My idea would be a way to put so called bountys on other players. It would be like going to a job termnal, but you would put out a bounty instead. It would cost a bit to do this say around 10 mil or so. What would happen is that when you put a bounty on someone it would spawn a mob say 5 to 10 lvl's above that player and would spend the next 24 hours tracking them down. Now the player who had the bounty placed on them could get the bounty off them 1 of 2 ways. 1, kill the bounty hunter mob or 2 play hide & seek with it for the next 24 hours (Playing) time on that toon. Now only one bounty could be placed on any one toon as to not have 50 of the things chasing say Riddick around the map! lol J/K'n Riddick. I think it would be fun, but before someone says it, "Yes I know that was not in live" but what the heck. Since pvp may never be in this might be a way to take it's place. Anyway, let me know what you think. TTYL :-)

Merlin

P.S. Remember, this is a fun idea and would be a way to liven up the game a bit.

This could and IMHO would lead to abuse if there is no penalty for the one placing the bounty,perhaps a xp debt equal to 3x the normal bountied player's level.

Then if a player wishs to place a bounty on another player he must suffer 3x the xp debt of the player he bounties. This would ensure that players do not set a bounty without a consequence for their action.

This could and IMHO would lead to abuse if there is no penalty for the one placing the bounty,perhaps a xp debt equal to 3x the normal bountied player's level.

Then if a player wishs to place a bounty on another player he must suffer 3x the xp debt of the player he bounties. This would ensure that players do not set a bounty without a consequence for their action.

Hello,

Of course alot of "fine" details would be worked out first and I just want feed back on the idea as a whole. I would say that xp debt should problie not be part of this. Also, say the player either killed the bounty hunter or evaded it they would be part or all of the bounty money. Say 90% of it for killing the hunter and 25% for evadeing it. You could even set it up like the arena was in that you got no debate or damage when you were in there. I am sure if something like this was put in the game you would have players doing it for fun and that is really what this idea is about. Don't worry, I am sure some of the other Dev's will say "Merlin, this is just another one of your stupid ideas" and it will never get off the ground. TTYL :-)

Merlin

hello,

i think anythimg that makes the game more fun,intresting or challenging is worth some disscussion.

i find your ideas intresting and hope you keep tossing them out. there should be some kind of penalty for placeing a bounty ,otherwise it would be abused.it would not be any fun for the player to get over a bounty, only to have another one starting.

keep up the good work merlin :) TTYL

blattu

I can't see this ending well. I play EnB to unwind from the daily stress of EVE Online. Not to spend my EnB time running from mobs. There are PvP options outside of EnB that more than deliver. PvP of any kind outside of the arena system would change EnB far too much.

• Upvote 1

I think this is a good idea ONLY IF and ONLY IF:

1. a player can opt out of the bounty system

2. a player can at will just dismiss the mob coming after him... even if it is just about to kill him...

3. 24 in game hours is too long... I will assume that the mob does not just randomly wander the galaxy and it knows when you login and just randomly pops in at your exact location to say hi :) I would say more like 6 hours or maybe 3 real life days

4. no xp debt or equip dmg obviously

Now to ofset this so that everyone does not just randomly or automatically dismiss the mob...

The mob should not be able to one shot you... you need a warning shot across your bow when it finds you

The bounty that was paid to the mob to come after you becomes your reward if you kill or evade it 100% of it... cuz obviously evading it will be just as much a chore

just had another thought... bountys dont always have to be a negative thing...

you could hire a happy birthday or congratulations bounty mob... that when engaged would morph into the cute huge furry looking mob... what was that again? and give you a happy happy message along with a gift of an item or just credits ...

• Upvote 1

I think it "could" be a fun idea, but unfortunately we all know that it will be turned into a way to grief people. And honestly, the difference between a CL60 going after a TE or PW vs going after a JE... well, I think that one is pretty obvious. A couple of potential problems...

1) Someone decides they don't like a player. Money is no problem, so every time the bounty is cleared, it gets set again on the same player.

2) If there is a significant financial reward to be gained I can see groups setting up bounties on each other, just for that gain.

3) This would give people the ability to randomly interfere with another player, for no reason whatsoever, and I just happen to believe that would be a bad thing for EnB.

Now, if the bounty hunter were to be armed with nothing but Pumpkin Chunkers (or similar type of weapon), then the dangers lessen, but it's still there.

Thinking outside the box is always a good thing, because it keeps the brain working. I just see this going badly if implemented too quickly without some sort of safeguards.

BAD IDEA!!! SWG had bounties and they were never for fun. They were all about revenge/payback which could escalate up to and including whole guilds. They also had dueling where both parties had to agree. No doubt credits are no object to some players so abuse would happen. Leave the arena for settling disputes.

While I find this idea intriguing I do foresee issues with it. The most prominent issue would be (for me) in the area of hunting for those being "bountied". For example, I am killing Chavez in Odin's Rex when along comes another player who wants to hunt in that spot. They see me and decide that I need to be chased away. So, they put a bounty on me and now I'm griefed for the next 24 in game hours (for me this would be about 8 to 10 days) and not be able to just sit happily somewhere and kill things. This would completely blow things for me and be a huge detriment to my desire to play this game. And me not playing EnB would take some doing.

Sorry Merlin... love the concept but the problem is the people.

1) Single NPC bounty hunter.

2) Sector Broadcast by NPC "Looking for (Character Name) let them know I'm coming" etc etc.

3) Enormous XP gain for the Player with the bounty in all three catagories.

10,000xp TL, 10,000xp Epl, 10,000xp CL. when NPC is destroyed

4) Player with the bounty on them will get 1/2 of the bounty amount paid, when the NPC is destroyed.

5) Hunted player can be in a group to help combat the Bounty hunter.

6) No XP debt or ship damage to the bounty.

7) The hunted bounty would have the option to a ONE TIME BUY OFF the bounty(This will be timed), the NPC will now hunt the original sponser of the bounty with NO BUY OFF Option. All Negative aspects of the New Bounty will now be in effect to the original Hunted player.

7) Enormous XP debt for sponsor for the Bounty equal to XP gain of bounty, Plus MINUS 1 COMBAT LEVEL

and minus 3 skill points. Negative skill points will show as -3 when the NPC is destroyed

Phor...

Edited by Phorlaug

Idea would be fine, if only for a certain sector (say a bounty hunter area or such, or a refugee place) it being custom. No raid mobs, mobs could not leave area. No possible way to get gain benefit. Say player pays 10 mil, if other player kills they only get 9. So no money is gained to abuse etc. They should not also drop loot or gain high exp for NPC (if its to easy) and so forth. so you can't farm the NPCs cause they aren't worth it and such.

Decent idea, but to put to mind. Pretty much abuse is high on this, though you said closed.

IE: 'raiding' Master, just after someone put a bounty. Bounty hunter comes and ruins you during your raid etc, or farming or mining.

Sector IMO, would be okay. Since it gives a 'okay, decent sector for farming/killing normal NPCs, but chance if you are hated or someone wants to prank you. You will have a NPC chasing you around sector' etc. Special Sectors, I'd find interesting, though all of galaxy some ideas are just bad. Since for me this is how EnB works.

Crybabies: Tears fall about anything that isn't Ez mode, or over ANY FORM of pvp even if optional.

Those w/e guys: its w/e what happens pretty much.

WantOnlyMore: Don't care what it is, just wants more things.

Some blend, some don't.

I first want to thank you for trying to bring something new and innovative to the game.

EvE has bounties, but that's a pvp game; I feel here it would create a negative environment.

Personally I want to explore and play the game, I don't want to be playing hide and seek with mobs which will take away from how I would like to play.

while I am usually against these types of ideas I think many of you are being a little hard on it... if there is a total opt out feature it could work... there would be no credit scam cuz you have to pay and the award would never be bigger than the fee... no griefing... just opt out at any time and the mob is gone... the only xp it should give would be whatever a mob that level would give so no xp abuse...

plus what about the idea of the birthday bounty that just wishes you a Happy birdthday or whatever happy happy the buyer wants you to get?

A cloaked Jenquai stalks an unsuspecting player solo farming...

The jenquai's multi-boxed toons are at the bounty hunter terminal ready to spawn mobs.

When the farming player is having difficulties he gets swarmed by summoned mobs and SPLASH, dead.

So much fun right there.

But that gets old pretty fast...

The mercenary-for-hire idea could be fun another way though.

You pay cash to have wingmen travel with you for X-amount of time, or perhaps till they die. With a limit on the number of wingmen ofcourse.

So a TW could have two lvl 50 earthcorps warrior ships flying with him...

Just another idea...

I love the wingman idea... kinda like the buy a drone idea from another post...

I still dont see why people dont get the beauty of the OP's idea... opt out means you will never get attacked if you just wanna hang out... the person buying the bounty hunter has no control over when it will attack... so its not like you can see when someone is vulnerable and then just order 10 mobs over to them... and then a surrender command... which auto dismisses the mob even if you are already in combat with it... so you forfeit any prize but dont have to be hasseled by a mob...