NOAUDIO

I would like to have the launcher/proxy execute client.exe with the /NOAUDIO option.

I think this option disables audio in the client.

If it does then that's what I want to use.

Question: How?

Thanks, will give that a try.

NB. The client doesn't play any sounds for me I've tried to fix it but no joy -- I've gotten used to no audio now. Very rarely the client goes on an audio splurge playing a looping sound. Well I hope the client will shut up now -- quite disturbing when I've got MP3s playing loud and it starts acting up.

• 1 year later...
Now I've gotten sound effects to work, I've finally been able to enjoy them again -- it's only been eight years!

Returning back to this question again but with a different purpose.

I would like to invoke the client either with audio enabled or disabled --- WITHOUT messing around with the configurator or the in-game option menus. I'd like to run clients with or without sound enabled, sometimes I run two clients and the sound may overlap and cause issues. I'd like to have sound enabled on one client but not on the other.

I think the client has a /NOAUDIO option looking at the strings in the client executable but I am not sure how to test and prove if this option works or not. Does the proxy pass extra options on to the client?

For example:

If I made a shortcut that contains:

[CODE]
"C:\Net-7\bin\Net7Proxy.exe" /ADDRESS:87.106.131.253
/CLIENT:"C:\PROGRA~1\EAGAME~1\EARTH&~1\release\client.exe" /POPT /DML /NOAUDIO
[/CODE]

Would the proxy pass on the /NOAUDIO options to the client? I thought that may be I had read somewhere that the proxy passed on parameters at the end of the command-line that it didn't recognize to the client -- may be it does but the syntax in the above example that I've used may be isn't right to do this?

Anyone able to give me some guidance please?

:w00t:

Actually, we don't have any way to pass extra arguments to the client. I'll ask for this to be added to net7proxy, or I'll add it myself if I have time. I could see it being useful for a number of purposes.