July's Orelist Posting

Hello,

Ok here is July's updated Orelist with the new sectors I have done. I had to redo the ore report due to the fact that the sector list was getting a bit long for the old style. Although longer, I think everyone will find it usefull in finding ores. It is best viewed with Wordpad. I will say when it comes to the ore fields there are a few suprises this month and for those of you that do "Explore" you will be rewarded. Please do not ask me what they are as I will not say other then it will pay to start exploring sectors better. As always if you find any problems please feel free to tell me ingame or here on the forms! Good luck & happy hunting! TTYL :-)

ORELIST.rtf

Merlin

ORELIST.rtf

You happen to have a copy in the old tab-delimited format? 29 pages is a lot of print and I like to sort/mash-up the info :)

Hello,

I tried different ways to do it and that is the way it came out. I know it is long, but you could always set the print on you printer smaller. I will see if there is a way to make the orelist smaller, but with the sector count getting higher I don't really think there is a shorter way to do it. Will see what I can do though. TTYL :-)

Merlin

Hello,

Ok, the best addvice I can give you is to load up the orelist into wordpad and then select all and change the type size from 10 to 8. That drops the page count down to 17. I am going to try to on the next months orelist use PDF and see if I can get a menu type thing to work, although it will still be long and not solve your paper problem. TTYL :-)

Merlin

I'm doing a quick Excel spreadsheet and should be done with it in about two hours (wife faction dependent). I expect it to be about 6 pages on legal paper in landscape mode. Fully sortable by Ore, level, group, and system. Will even be able to do a quick sort to find all ores available within a specific system. Easily modifiable as well. Simply add the new ore and resort. Will automatically sort to where it should be by level, group and alphabetical sorting of ore name. Anyways, back to work and wife faction.

email it to avani@staticguild.com

yeah for some reason xls files cant be uploaded anymore... can someone plz take a look at that... anyway... I made it into a pdf for now... so its only 6 pages instead of 27 (but 8.5 x 14) :)

beta than nuttin...

Ore_List.pdf

Ore_List.pdf

Edited by Avani

Nice chart! I'll allow xls uploads if I can find the setting...

Found it. You can upload xls and xlsx files now.

Edited by C Del

I agree with the disappointment over it being 8.5 x 14. I'll need to come up with some method to make it more compact while adding in the nearly 25 other sectors that will eventually have ore fields. Will take some time but have an idea.

email it to avani@staticguild.com

yeah for some reason xls files cant be uploaded anymore... can someone plz take a look at that... anyway... I made it into a pdf for now... so its only 6 pages instead of 27 (but 8.5 x 14) :(

beta than nuttin...

Hello,

Not to be nit picky, but you have Sponge Chloride listed as being able to get in IO and so far that is not in any sector yet. Could you please go back over the list and make sure there are no more type-o's. Thanks! TTYL :-)

Merlin

DAMN!!!

Is this one of the super secret surprises?

Hello,

Yes & I would ask that you keep the location to your self. I want players to look for themselves as I am sure you are aware those are hot spots in the different sectors. I will have more surprises to come in the coming months. TTYL :-)

Merlin

Hello,

Ok guys, please stop with the screen shots. I was really hopeing that players would feel lucky to find these and basiclly keep it to them selves. I really didn't want to say anymore about this except for that there were some surprises this month. I probile should not have said anything at all. TTYL :-)

Merlin

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It seems to me this may be just the ticket to start getting miners out of their ruts... So a bit of wow factor is just what the Dr. ordered. :(

And why would we want to keep these to ourselves? LOL every other dev is saying team up ...team up...don't solo ...solo is bad ...teaming is the way to go... besides I would like to share this WOW factor with as many as who would like to come look. Just my opinion.

Edited by Mimir

I reformatted it so that it fit on 8 x 11, added in alternate line coloring so it was easy to look across the sheet and made it so the headers repeated with each page.

Also, the formatting is all done through Excel 2007, so I've attached a PDF copy just in case you don't have 2007/2010

Ore List.xlsx

Ore List.pdf

Ore List.xlsx

Ore List.pdf

Edited by JoshuaChr