Patcher moving slow

Hoping someone can help with this... Been playing for a few months now, and until about a week ago the patcher would launch, and within 10-30 seconds it would check for updates and be ready to play. Now it's taking upwards of 10 minutes (I know, it's easy to think that's an exaggeration, but I actually timed it).

Has anyone had this issue, or a similar one? I've gone through everything I can think of, but please submit any ideas and I'll double check anything I may have tried already.

Thanks.

It appears to be frozen, up to and including the "Not Responding" tag... eventually it gets to working, but it takes a long time. The green bar at the bottom will start, get between a quarter and half done then stop. When it's stopped, nothing happens. I can't change servers, check the server for status... nothing. The whole patcher appears to be inert until it finally just clicks over as ready.

I assume this is the latest version? (v1.9.9)

We'll be pushing a completely rebuilt launcher in (hopefully) a few weeks. Your only option might be to wait for that. In the mean time though, you can launch net7proxy directly (though it won't give you any updates that are pushed):

1. Go to C:\Net7\bin
  2. Find "net7proxy.exe", right-click on it, and click "Create Shortcut".
  3. Right-click on the shortcut you created and click "Properties".
  4. To the end of the text in the "Target" box, add a space, and then the following:
/ADDRESS:87.106.15.67 /CLIENT:%client_path% /POPT /SSL:443

Note: Replace %client_path% with the path to "client.exe" (which normally appears at the top of LaunchNet7). If the path contains spaces, you will need to surround it with quotes. Ex: "C:\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe"

I may run the patcher in the morning (when I'm getting myself situated for the day) then go with your direct approach after that... that way I won't be more than a day behind any content pushes...

Thanks for the help.

Hiya! I have the same issue as Demitroy with the extremely slow Net7Launcher. I used the direct approach with the proxy as suggested, which works(!) and the game will take me to the log in screen with no problems. Now, something else comes up. Once I enter my information (correctly, mind you haha), I get an error telling me that "EA.com is temporarily unavailable. This may be due to routine server maintenance or a problem with your ISP. Please check your ISP connection or try again later. (INV-300)." Now, I set my firewall to "allow all" just in case that was the issue as it sometimes is. Nope, that wasn't it. Mayhap something else was missing?

Try adding /LC to the Target box in the shortcut. Note that as soon as the launcher works for you, you should use it to update. Using net7proxy with the /LC option is not the optimal way to connect for a number of reasons.

And by that you mean adding /LC to the end, yes? Anyway, I used that, it works. Fantastic! Worry not, I perfectly understand going directly via proxy is not the optimal means. This is just a temp fix until you get that Launcher redone, that's all. Thanks very much C Del.