Zeke's Epic Builder/Miner Mission(s)

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a level cap on the Deep Cycle Battery mission from Zach?  I was not able to get it on my TT after I completed the Zeke mission.  I was able to get it on my JE at 150...but I cannot continue due to build requirements.

• 2 weeks later...

There seem to be  a problem with the deep cycle battery making , part of the zeke mission on the jenquai explorer ,

contrary to previous comp that where tradable this one is not. is there a work around ?

Edited by Moulinneuf
  • Upvote 2

It's not really more work, I'll just have to finger the bottlenecks in the build process.This is part of the problem of not being able to recreate the ability to "use" the Solar Projects Manual as a device and allow players to construct the items regardless of their skills and bypass the terminal's build list. Unfortunately, the items were recreated with all the properties recovered from the lists from the original game, and don't take into account our coding restrictions.

• Upvote 2

Normally, I would not discuss content in order to allow players to develop stories on their own as missions progress, and if asked the correct questions, would only give minor hints, or very circumspect answers. I generally would NEVER discuss content before releasing it. However because of the discussions already floating around regarding this mission and walkthroughs available to anyone who remembers where those things were hidden in another galaxy, far, far away, I'm going to describe the problems addressed and the solutions implemented here, JUST THIS ONCE. As usual, save your swearing for the end.

The original game client / server interface allowed players to build specific recipes outside their build skills after blueprints were awarded via a device activation. (IE. Installing the «cookbook» and activating it while outside a station and then having the 'print available). This mechanism is not currently coded on the emulator, nor do I know if it ever will be. ATM my «job» is to implement the content, with the resources available, with the current code constraints, and keep it as close to the original game content as possible.

This means I get to work with the following to achieve the goals; To demonstrate, we will work backwards from the end.

The goal is to build shields, reactors and devices.

This means the following seven classes will have access to the recipes (three more than in live) :

JE for devices and reactors

JS for devices and reactors

JD for devices

TS for devices

TT for shields and devices

PS for shields and devices

PP for shields and reactors.

The missions leading up to the goal all contain component builds which the following classes have access to the recipes : TT, PP, and JS.

In reverse order, the missions are Legend Of Great Pappy, Solar Energy For The Layman, and Blood is Thicker, preceded by Homesick For Biscuits.

So four classes cannot continue presently after the first mission, and now we begin to move forward again while 'fixing' things.

So the first goal is to eliminate the TE and PW from the overall mix. This will be accomplished by a mission exclusion following the 'Homesick For Biscuits' mission. If you are one of those two classes and have the mission 'Blood is Thicker' (possible because the exclusions weren't there), finish it if you can, but it's pretty useless for you.

Blood is Thicker can be completed by receiving a little help from your friends, guild mates, or an alternate 'toon. This was achieved at the first implementation of the mission by making the Small Solar Panel a drop item so any character can obtain it. While this was not the optimal solution, it has worked over the last several months, and I'm not going to mess with it at this late stage in the development. The other refines and builds are all tradable, which allows non-component builders to complete the mission.

Solar Energy For The Layman however is another kettle of fish, however. All the comps were designed as no-trades (as they were in live), and the mission was written before we committed to completing the series, hence the lack of foresight regarding the items and stage completions. And no, making them tradable is not the solution. While it screams 'SIMPLE', it also pretty much means you're repeating all the builds on another 'toon and just transferring them over, or having one of your guildies stand there while you feed him resources. You're not really doing the mission on that character. Nor can you do it alone.

Neither is the solution to make them devices as someone tossed around in chat the other day (entirely out of the question, because then they acquire properties for being equipped and/or activated, along with a whole other bunch of crap that complicates things way more than it solves) which would also eliminate the Privateer as a contributing builder, despite having the Build Shields skill.

So, how to make the mission progress, logically and without the aid of others for those classes that cannot build components?

Enter the companion mission, aka The Achy-Breaky Mission Fix.

What we CAN and HAVE done is design a mission for those classes that cannot build comps (JE, JD, TS and PS) that allows you to bring the parts that are required to an NPC designated by Zachariah and receive in return the non-tradable item required to advance each mission step. In other words, a sub-contractor who builds it for you, preferably one with experience in glass-based technologies related to lensing and stuff. For each non-trade item required in a stage, there is a companion stage in the other mission.

The subsequent mission (The Legend Of Great Pappy) is/was never an issue, that one was designed to be completed by a group effort, up to and including the combat stage. There is obviously another (at least) still to come, as the culmination of this series is the Day O' Reckoning and the associated raid content.

No, I don't know when.   :P   When it's done.

For now, the Achy-Breaky fix will be online as of the next content patch. G'nite.

• Upvote 4

I'm curious:  is there a level requirement for "Solar Energy for Laymen"  According to earlier post, the mission giver is Zachariah Garrett (Dahin).  My JS (OL 131 33/48/50 with all builds maxxed) has been doing the missions and when she goes to Zach she gets his standard talk tree.  "Hello there!  I'm embarking on a grand project.  Solar power's the way of the future, don't ya think?"  Response options are "Not really" and "Yeah!  Could be the next step in evolution" to which he responds "Finally!  Someone who understands!" and Done shows up, no further progress available.

• 2 weeks later...

Poem for those who are not trader and stuck :

iif you are not a trader

and need help with deep duracell ,

there is help in OMP at the end of the bridge

What bridge ? there is only bridge in vendor

zone inside the starbase.

where i do work all day

on optical lasers.

feel the powaar of the deep !!

- by MArk CyRus 

Edited by Moulinneuf
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 8/5/2019 at 7:09 PM, Nomaster said:

Why won't Zeke talk to my TT or JD, i have the 4 required items, is faction or over all level a concern to start this quest ??

You need 9 item to start the mission 

Zeke like : 3 X moonshine level 1

3 X Moonshine level 2

3X moonshine level 3

Total = 9 

Could also be your bogeril faction is too in the negative or too low ( can't really confirm that it does as no part of the mission relly on any faction )

Jenquai Defender , Progen Warrior , Terran Enforcer are all Warrior Class and excluded from doing this mission but helpful/needed for help

in the last combat part ( for this moment in time ). 

Thanks Moulinneuf, explains my JD

with the TT  I have all the items, plus chitin bits

faction at 3300 

the only other thing i can think of is lv which is 58 atm.

I'll lv up a bit and see how i go

Thankyou

Edited by Nomaster

the only other thing i can think of is lv which is 58 atm.

I'll lv up a bit and see how i go

Maybe you did the mission ** Somethin' Shimery ** in the past and forgot about it and are on to another mision who is many step further along

you can look up your toon completed mission on  https://www.net-7.org/?# , by selecting your toon name ( wil being logged in )

on the left and going to the tab mission log and on the page that load select the tab completed mission and look if you

already compelted that one.

https://www.net-7.org/wiki/index.php/Somethin'_Shimmery

allow acces to Borrowed Tools

https://www.net-7.org/wiki/index.php/Borrowed_Tools

allow access to Homesick for Biscuits

https://www.net-7.org/wiki/index.php/Homesick_for_Biscuits

allow acces to Blood is Thicker

https://www.net-7.org/wiki/index.php/Blood_is_Thicker

allow access to Solar Energy for the Layman From Zeke cousin Zach in Dahin

https://www.net-7.org/wiki/index.php/Solar_Energy_for_the_Layman

Allow access to The Legend of Great Pappy

https://www.net-7.org/wiki/index.php/The_Legend_of_Great_Pappy

Which is the last part until now 

I dont recall a problem at level 58 for somethin' shimerry

only The Legend of great pappy as Combat level 25 for requirement on the wiki and it's the last mission

so far

Edited by Moulinneuf

• 1 month later...

Is Zeke's missions for any race/profession?

And are there faction requirements? I can't get him to talk to my PW, i have the 3x of the 3 required moonshines. no action button avail. 

Wiki and all other sources have no info on faction/profession. 

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

This is not a complaint.. Just a suggestion:

I'm currently doing these missions on 6 toons at once (JE/TT/TS/JS/PS/PP) and have reached "The Legend of Great Pappy" now. I must say that it's an enormous amount of work even for 1 toon and I am starting to wonder whether it's worth it. I'm still going to complete the missions anyway, because I enjoy a challenge.. but looking at what the rewards are is rather disappointing when considering the time, effort and cost that goes into this. You can get much better gear, and much more easily from raids and other sources. The lodestar seems to be about the best reward. The reactor only goes to L7 and as for the shield.. it's okay, but only goes to L8 and seems not worth it for the cost and the trouble you have to go through to get it.

I noticed Arthur's post from Feb 2017 said there may be an additional mission in future, called, "Day O' Reckoning". Can we assume this will reward prints up to L9? How is the progress on that content? (I'm not trying to rush you... just asking)

In the meantime, what are the chances you may consider tweaking the stats on the items to make them more worthwhile?

Thanks in advance.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

After having read all comments I still have no idea why this isn't working.

Lv 73 JE

-53 Bogeril faction

3 x small jug of moonshine

3 x jug of moonshine

3 x large jug of moonshine 

all in hold

Checked completed mission log - mission has not been done.

No chat option for Ezekial??