Invalid Argument?

Got a new laptop, and wanted to install the game on it, all went well, until the Update. Threre were two or three updates, and then a very large and long update.. the moment it finished, an error window popped up;

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '3' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.

Parameter name: SelectedIndex

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)

at LaunchNet7.FormMain.DoFillServerList()

at LaunchNet7.FormMain.<DoCheckForUpdates>b__8(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)

I have tried compatability/running as administrator etc etc.. when i click the net-7 launcher icon, the above error window comes up instantly. I tried running in winxp compatability and it still pops up the same window... I reset the updates, and waited the half hour or longer that it took to patch the client.. and it did exactly the same thing again, same error window the very moment the update finished...

Let me know if anone has an idea, much appriciated!!

KP

by using the force update it allowed me to finish updating, but the initial problem still remains. I tried scootermagoos workaround, but when i click on it it just opens the text file. I have tried hooking this comp into the modem instead of using wireless, as someone said they had a prob with their wireless.. I am running windows 7 on this comp, and XP on the others that work fine if that makes any difference?

by using the force update it allowed me to finish updating, but the initial problem still remains. I tried scootermagoos workaround, but when i click on it it just opens the text file. I have tried hooking this comp into the modem instead of using wireless, as someone said they had a prob with their wireless.. I am running windows 7 on this comp, and XP on the others that work fine if that makes any difference?

As far as when you clicked on it that it just opens the text file, it sounds like the file was still .txt instead of .bat. For instance "Net7.bat.txt" instead of "Net7.bat" . You may need to go to folder options and un-select "hide extensions of known file types" for you to see it.

You may wish to check out this thread as well, has the same issue. Especially marco's suggestion to repair / upgrade your .Net framework.

Here is something to try...

Download and install/repair .NET 2.0:

http://www.microsoft...DD-AAB15C5E04F5

Now download and install/repair .NET 3.5:

http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

Does that help you?

Fixed a similar error message on my Windows XP machine.

- Marco