Chavez Sectors

I'd like to propose that either Neptune or Ceres be considered as candidates for a Chavez-factioned (or influenced) sector.

Or if not factioned, then for these sectors to have a landable base inside the sector that is Chavez owned (much like the current implementation of QAR (factioned) inside BBW (non-factioned).

Ceres/Thule makes a great possibility - consider its gate location from Venus. Recall that MASSIVE cluster of low-level Chavez a couple of navs west from the Ceres gate? Perhaps they are an advance reconnaissance-in-force from a Chavez-infested Ceres sector!

As Chavez were originally a mining interest that fought against House Montague (and now have a particular bone to pick with GETCo) and later evolved into pirates - it could well be that their original base of operations was in the asteroid belt in Sol system. Ceres is the largest asteroid in the belt, and could be modeled as a dockable station in the shape of a planetoid.

Likewise, Ceres could be home to some OL135+ content, to put it on a par with Paramis, Antares or Cooper.

Ceres could have gates to Neptune (a less high level, less Chavez influenced zone) where an ongoing blockade by the RDs of the Neptune gate is situated, and a gate into Paramis near the Secret Chavez HQ.

Here's a possible system route pathing:

Venus - Ceres/Thule - Neptune - Uranus

..............|

...........Paramis

......./......|........\

Odin Rex.....BBW.....Sho'Da'Kan Nebula

• Upvote 1

sounds interesting, maybe a way to have RD & Chavez competitions in the future (if you could not have positive factions with both) like consentual pvp for those that want it, smuggler job/trade runs with a very likely chance the other faction mobs will attack you en-route, mining jobs, etc.

Edited by Xulei

A factioned Chavez sector sounds good to me, same for a Chavez factioned base. Make sure that the base has items/missions etc that are worth the effort to raise Chavez.

Both of these sectors belong to Webby. However, I must say that I think they did have a story or at least a blurb associated with each though admittedly I only really know terran story/missions content as a specialty.

What will happen with miguel chavez though, is he not the chavez boss?

If asked what feels better for a chavez, neptune or ceres? I would go for Ceres because it is closer to the sun and not an ice giant (spanish are usually dark people). Also it is in an asteroid belt which is probably a better place for the smaller pirate organization to operate from...

In my mind's eye - I'd picture Ceres as what BBW is to the RD's in particular... and Neptune as the complementary Paramis.

Neptune could be a sort of "contested space", with Chavez having the predominant presence (for some reason yet to be revealed - maybe some unique L9 ores here that aren't frequently found elsewhere? ) with RDs encroaching from the gate to Neptune, and possibly some SolSec patrols (most likely either EarthCorps or Shinwa, since this might lie on the fringes of Jenquai space) occasionally mixing it up with either set of pirates.

As for Miguel - in the context of Liveâ„¢, he was their boss (if not the founding member)... but at L48, it is kind of hard to justify maintaining him as the head of the clan.

Possible build out for a raid:

Notwithstanding any plot developments yet made, I could easily imagine that Miguel may have fallen from favor from some controlling council, perhaps "Los Consejeros de la Familia" composed of a number of "dons".

These "Dons" (a term for minor nobility or "Esquire", ranking somewhat lower to a baron or an earl)

Don Francisco Chavez del Lobo (L66)

- Don Francisco is the eldest brother of the Familia Chavez, and is its current head (Caudillo) and is senior to the other Consejeros (councilors). Merciless and methodical, he has regained and secured his position from his troublesome younger brother Miguel whom he relegated to overseeing the Chavez interests in Aragoth sector.

His attack style is reflected in his nickname, "Lobo" or "wolf": He will attack with his minions in coordinated formations, making particular use of stealth, cloaking, and summoning tactics. Quite powerful in his own right, he becomes exponentially more difficult when assisted by his minions, and will jumpstart (spawn new minions) them under certain conditions...

-- Lobo Minions:

---- Chavez Lobo Jefe (L63 - at least two)

---- Chavez Lobo Cabo (L62 - at least two)

---- Chavez Lobo Soldado (L61 - at least five)

Don Marco Chavez del Conquista (L65)

- Don Marco is the second eldest brother, and his ambitions are no less than to dominate the Familia. Unlike his younger brother Miguel, he is much more discrete, and bides his time, waiting for his chance to usurp the headship of the Familia.

Don Marco's fighting style is very direct, and seems to have drawn his lessons from the Progen - massive firepower, up close and personal. His skills (and those of his minions) tend to revolve around menacing his prey, and using gravity and shield sapping attacks.

-- Conquista Minions:

---- Chavez Conquista Jefe (L63 - at least two)

---- Chavez Conquista Cabo (L62 - at least two)

---- Chavez Conquista Soldado (L61 - at least five)

Don Ricardo Chavez de la Aguila (L64)

- Don Ricardo seems content in his place, unlike his older brothers. The fourth son (after Miguel) has his own goals though - to amass as much wealth as possible. Some say he makes great sport of playing his more hot-tempered brothers against each other.

Don Ricardo is fond of acquiring the best missile technology, and it is rumoured that at some point in his long lifetime, he once served in the ranks of EarthCorps. As such, he favours speed, and he can rally his minions to success with his calm, charismatic demeanor. He ruthlessly taunts his opponents, and along with his minions, is quite skilled at hacking enemy systems.

-- Aguila Minions:

---- Chavez Aguila Jefe (L63 - at least two)

---- Chavez Aguila Cabo (L62 - at least two)

---- Chavez Aguila Soldado (L61 - at least five)

Donna Clemencia Chavez de la Luz (L64)

- Donna Clemencia is known as a voice of reason among the sometimes quarrelsome brothers of the Consejeros, despite her relative youth. She is also very capable fighter, with her Criadas or handmaidens, who serve as the eyes of the Chavez, as well as being able to make use of tactics to blind and cripple whoever face them in combat.

The Criadas de la Luz (Handmaidens of Light) are particularly dangerous foes, as they have extremely accurate scan range, and augment the reactors of their brothers and fellow minions with an area reactor leech. All too many unsuspecting Montague, Red Dragon, and private starships have been silenced with their abilities.

-- Luz Minions:

---- Chavez Criada de la Luz (L62 - at least six)

The Consejeros are augmented by certain affiliados, warriors who have worked or married their way into the Chavez power structure - of particular note are the Hammer, Sword, and Shield:

Donna Maria Rodriguez del Escudo (L65)

- Donna Maria knows one thing very well - the art of shielding. When she and her minions are in the field, the shields of Chavez are very difficult to beat indeed. Between shielding healing and area shield sap - a wise attacker will seek to engage these at all costs.

-- Escudo Minions:

---- Chavez Escudo (L63 - at least eight)

Don Carlos Gonzalo del Martillo (L63)

- Don Carlos "the Hammer" is a master mechanic, and keeps his comrades in the fight through augmenting their capabilities as well as patching their hulls. Of course, hammers can be used very effectively as offense weapons too... and through their coordinated attacks, enemies are quickly ground to dust under withering projectile fire.

-- Martillo Minions:

---- Chavez Martillo (L63 - at least eight)

Don Luis Herrera de la Espada (L63)

- Don Luis has a secret... his beams are easily as powerful as any projectile or missile. He also has a predilection for going after support units of any fleet foolish enough to attack formations he is a part of. This may have more to do with his relatively thin hull more than his personal sense of honor or sense of strategy...

-- Espada Minions:

---- Chavez Espada (L61 - at least eight)

Raid Event / Triggers

The Dons themselves be in capital ships, with the minions flying cover. If possible, use generic pirate assets, or take the RD base assets, if they can be reskinned using a 3D modeling app like Blender or Maya.

The raid event itself should happen in Ceres, but away from Tenochtitlan Station (equivalent of QAR in BBW).

As for loot.... I have no idea. Probably something comparable to similar endgame loot as dropped by the likes of Blackbeard's Ghost and Controller, RD Base, etc.

• Upvote 3

great idea seeker, I mean i really like it... make ceres the new bbw...

did you have any thoughts on rep with this? as you have us farming chavez directly as a raid... in their own sector...

I reckon rep would be farmable for primarily killing RDs, though possibly there could be some aught between the Chavez and the Bogerils (given that current faction mechanics raise Bogeril when killing Chavez mobs).

In other words, players could farm Chavez to get RD rep and possibly make RD mobs "yellow" (neutral) in preparation for a Kuei Station raid; in similar manner, players could farm RDs and Bogerils to make themselves more palatable to Chavez mobs for attacking "La Alta Hacienda" (my suggested name for the raidable Chavez HQ)

Perhaps some incident occurred in the past that set the Chavez against the Bogerils - something a little more than just a Hatfield vs. McCoy type thing.

If at some point the Chavez (likely prior to their conflict against the loose affiliation of House Montague, House Orsini and GETCO -- they were involved in assisting EarthCorps with its ethnic cleansing program in Alpha Centauri against the Bogeril presence. As such, they might be rather hated by the Bogerils, and a *little* bit more well tolerated by EarthCorps, which takes a very narrow view of pirates in general.

But certainly EarthCorps has its share of corrupt officers and military governors - something that Don Luis Herrera (hint?) de Espada and Don Ricardo Chavez de la Aguila are likely to have taken advantage of frequently.

I could see the Chavez organization recruiting from disaffected Terran groups (but not exclusively) in much the same way that Talons tend to attract Progens (but not exclusively) and Red Dragon tongs recruit from Asia-Bloc Terrans and Jenquai in particular.

It was actually my original intention when doing the Galactic map years ago that Paramis would of been the Chavez Sector in Smugglers run, it would of been connected to Aragoth, Proxima Centuri (PT area) and the Eidenmist Nebula (not yet in game). It wouldn't of been connected to BBW though. This would of given players with Chavez faction thier own shortcuts over the map like players that sided with the Red Dragons. I like the idea of higher level Chavez bosses, would be a good way to help players gain RD faction.

I'm not overly keen on having any pirate sectors in the Sol system though, since you'd think security would be higher there, it makes more sence for the pirate bosses to be hiding out further away to me.

Ceres is kind of a backwater, tiny part of the solar system though. It doesn't seem outlandish to me that pirates could be found hiding in the nooks and crannies of Sol that go unnoticed by the majority of society.

Ceres is kind of a backwater, tiny part of the solar system though. It doesn't seem outlandish to me that pirates could be found hiding in the nooks and crannies of Sol that go unnoticed by the majority of society.

True, but I do think that it's kind of funny that a place between Mars & Jupiter (as far as the solar system is configured) would go unnoticed by the Progen & Jenquai, since they probably keep an eye on each other across the asteroid belt.

Charon Cloister more easily would go unnoticed since it's out of the way compared to Earth, Mars, and Jupiter, being in the inner part of the Kuiper Belt.

Edited by Terrell
  • Upvote 1

It was actually my original intention when doing the Galactic map years ago that Paramis would of been the Chavez Sector in Smugglers run, it would of been connected to Aragoth, Proxima Centuri (PT area) and the Eidenmist Nebula (not yet in game). It wouldn't of been connected to BBW though. This would of given players with Chavez faction thier own shortcuts over the map like players that sided with the Red Dragons. I like the idea of higher level Chavez bosses, would be a good way to help players gain RD faction.

I'm not overly keen on having any pirate sectors in the Sol system though, since you'd think security would be higher there, it makes more sence for the pirate bosses to be hiding out further away to me.

Yet space's defining feature is... it's HUGE.

Even with the relative proximity of the asteroid belts to Mars (home of the ever-battle-ready, and ever-resource-hungry Progen) one would think that Progen battle fleets would scour the belts of any pirate (or pesky Jenquai/Terrans).

Or the Terrans too, for that matter. I'll avoid issues of orbital mechanics and how Ceres (or other particular objects in the asteroid belt) changes in position relative to the other planets in their orbits over time - hypergates alleviate that particular worry)

The Jenquai .... well, they seem to have far and away more of a presence in the asteroid belts than Terrans or Progen, at least in terms of non-capital ships and individual prospectors, spy ships, and the occasional day care shuttle. An interesting feat considering the Jenquai military is the smallest among the three nations, and most of that military power is sequestered to remote Sirius and Castor sectors, and points far beyond. And the Jennies seem not to have as much conflict with pirates in general as the other two nations do.

As for Ceres - I would argue that the vastness of space along with getting a sizeable battle fleet inside a dense asteroid field, and perhaps some cosmic dope-deals between the Chavez and EarthCorps (the Chavez do deal with all sorts of dope - both the herbal kind, as well as the figurative kind - that is, the information trade - as in the as is of the old Terran saying "the straight dope" )

This could be a reason why Admiral Jimmy at Venera HighPort takes great relish in having volunteers go out to kill RDs at the Neptune gate in Uranus, but doesn't say boo about any Chavez presence...

... part of that "dope deal" could be an unofficial state of ignorance on the part of EarthCorps concerning what goes on in Ceres (which could nominally fall under Terran administration as a part of the fallout from the gate war)

Space is quite big... and human nature being as awful as it can be at times... EarthCorps and SolSec administrators could turn out to be quite corrupt indeed.

However, if the Chavez "hiding in plain sight" in Ceres seems a bit too much of a stretch - then Terrell's notion of headquartering them in even more remote Neptune sounds like a winner too.

Some of you may know this already.

One day I was flying around Paramis trying to get around

the Gravity well.

I flew straight west of the Paramis base and then proceeded

To fly south and came across a "Secret Chavez Base", If

my memory serves me correctly there were L45 Chavez there.

If someone could please verify. :)

Phorlaug.....

There is :)

I've had toons thoroughly stompilated by those Chavez...ranging from L47 to L52.

Like most Chavez, they will swarm you if you haven't got a sig on the smaller size of a dime, and they hit hard with almost 8km beam range.

Good for faction farming and semi-decent loot.

There is :)

I've had toons thoroughly stompilated by those Chavez...ranging from L47 to L52.

Like most Chavez, they will swarm you if you haven't got a sig on the smaller size of a dime, and they hit hard with almost 8km beam range.

Good for faction farming and semi-decent loot.

I tried out those in ST3 with my JT, she wasn't able to kill any of them, before they tethered away, but managed to not get killed trying. Took plenty of recharge shields, and being very careful to only be seen by one of them. My sig when I tried that was 0.7.

Yet space's defining feature is... it's HUGE.

My main dislike at adding Chavez sectors to Sol is that it is already the largest system in the game with 24 sectors, followed by Aragoth with 11. Personally I'd rather see other star systems in the Galaxy get more fleshed out. Like you said, space is huge, so why clump everything in the Sol sector? :-)

That said I'm not against having a predominatly Chavez sector, hence why I brought up Paramis as a good contender.

My main dislike at adding Chavez sectors to Sol is that it is already the largest system in the game with 24 sectors, followed by Aragoth with 11. Personally I'd rather see other star systems in the Galaxy get more fleshed out. Like you said, space is huge, so why clump everything in the Sol sector? :-)

That said I'm not against having a predominatly Chavez sector, hence why I brought up Paramis as a good contender.

I actually like that approach as well. Would be nice to see new sectors added in other systems first. Though I would not be against more in Sol later in emulator Live (after other star systems are given love in the sector/content department.

Edit: I always did wonder what was on the other side of the malfunctioning gate to Tlaloc in SE, in Live. Wonder who or what could be found there/

Edited by Terrell

I'd be cool with Paramis as a Chavez sector - but there are a few uncomfortable gaps, UNLESS Paramis is unfactioned from the get-go:

1) Paramis adjoins / connects to BBW. In the recent past, Paramis has been understood to be a RD-factioned sector (though currently it, along with BBW, are unfactioned).

The presence of drones of the same type as the Controller drones and RD practice drones in BBW, as well as two pirate bases (Paramis Station and the ruins of Revenge Station) of the same design as Queen Anne's Revenge in BBW tend to support this conclusion.

To have Paramis as a RD-factioned zone along with making the Chavez HQ in East Paramis a dockable station (for players with Chavez faction) would be extraordinarily unworkable.

In other words, it would be nonsense to have to raise RD faction so high to get into Paramis and then be unable to get to that access to the (dockable) Chavez base.

2) Sho'Da'Kan Nebula connects to Paramis. Setting up SDKN as a Chavez factioned sector might not work either, IF Paramis is RD-factioned.

Plus, SDKN is something of an enigma in its own right: from what we know of as "unreleased Canon" - that is the design documents and storyline as developed by WW and subsequently EA but never brought to fruition due to Sunset - the Sho'Da'Kan were a sort of rebel Jenquai faction. Not quite pirates, but warrior-philosophers -- a pre-gate war era version of the Shinwa who self-imposed an exile on themselves to the SDKN and possibly the Eidenmist zones when the results of the Gate War didn't quite pan out (something having to do with Merjan's decision to end the Gate War with something approaching status quo antebellum and not nuking Mars with whatever superweapon the Jennies had been cooking up, to sort of get their own back for Jove City.

This is why I think SDKN might be a poor candidate for being Chavez faction. Unless of course, the Chavez have made some useful "dope deals" with the Sho'Da'Kan (we are left not knowing if they ever developed a centralised government independently of the Jenquai Heirate, or if they exist in some loose fashion like Freespacers with only a nominal claim to the sector.

3) Eidenmist presents a unique opportunity and could also serve as a Chavez HQ sector -- I think I recall reading that Eidenmist was a large complex of gates, or maybe a gate quad similar to BBW. Perhaps these gates could connect to Sulani, Neptune, Eridani, and perhaps that unfinished gate in Antares or Tlaloc or one of those unopened gates in 61 Cygni.

In any case, if Chavez can be made a faction worth pursuing and killing heaps of RDs for - the Paramis as the "interface" between pirate sectors - should be left unfactioned, but exceptionally dangerous for the casual traveler. :)

This also brings up the matter of the Talons - who should be as much of a faction and an analog of Progen and North American Terran pirates as the RDs are of East-Asian Terrans and Jenquai, and as the Chavez would be of Latin-American and European Terrans.

Currently, the Talons are loosely affiliated with Chavez against the RDs (that is, kill Talon mobs or "Wandering Pirate" mobs to raise RD faction)

• 3 months later...

This will wreck storyline. Chavez are Nomads and have no bases. They use abandoned mining posts and only used for storage. They just fly around and protect their storage depots. A Chavez would have space dementia if they are on the ground to long unlike Red Dragons which have bases and need to land after battles. Stick with original storyline.

There is a storyline and there is a time and place for Chavez.

Will they have a permanent official sector? Probably Not

Will they have sectors under their control at certain times? Probably

Did they have sectors in Aragoth with Bases? Yes

Dockable? Maybe

There is the abandoned space station near net7 that has chavez swarming all over it. Low level ones admittedly, but they are there. So, chavez inhabiting a station is not out of whack from the original story line by that much in my opinion. Remember, the storyline was evolving, and not everything was known yet. New gates were being constructed, and ancient gates were still being found.