Updated Ore List

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't think they are random or if they could be. I see hulks as hidden-nav points: ie things that go by word of mouth or through exploring off the beaten path. Granted once they are discovered there is nothing stopping people from posting their location. That is where the randomization would come into play and you get back to looking for them.

I don't think they are random or if they could be. I see hulks as hidden-nav points: ie things that go by word of mouth or through exploring off the beaten path. Granted once they are discovered there is nothing stopping people from posting their location. That is where the randomization would come into play and you get back to looking for them.

I was thinking more of the contents, but I like the idea of them showing up at random locations... you clear the field and on respawn they are in a different location...NICE!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hopefully we can get ore field reforms soon. There is much work to be done.

1. Removing Debris from Roids - please report these roids!

2. Removing Weird Ores - like sponge chloride and tazeron in non-KV fields

3. Populating Hulks - wider variety of hulk loot needed

4. Field Scaling - deciding how many roids/hulks should be in certain radii

5. Establishing Field Diversity - using the field scaling numbers to find numbers for dense and spare fields

6. Establishing Rarity - looking at which ores are used for what items to decide how many sectors they should be in and how many fields.

7. Pop Rocks - are fun

Just 1 field I ran into while on my JE today, level 3 field in Dahin northeast of Hau field beacon, is all debris, not a single roid has ore. I've seen others that had a debris here and there, but not an entire field.

:(

Edit: In fact after looking at several fields in Dahin, they all appear to debris.