Hello,

Ok once again here is what is & is not going to happen to the ore fields:

Is "Not" going to happen:

1. Nerf solo mining

2. Be exactlly like it was in live

3. Be a jumbled mess where every ore for each lvl will be in a field

What "Is" going to be done to the fields:

1. Only use "Live" as a guide line

2. Make about 60% of the fields for solo miners and 40% of the fields for groups.

3. Make atleast 2x the amount of fields that were in live

4. Make mining fun!!!

Everyone has to remember that we are still a long way from going "Live" and there is alot of things that has to be done yet. It would be nice iwe could wave our magic wand and make everything happen over night, but in the real world it is going to take a lot of trial & error to gets things running smoothly. I like the idea of each roid having it's own timer and you can rest asure that I wll make what ever changes that needs to be made to make the solo miners happy as I am also basiclly a solo miner my self. I do group once in awhile, but for the most part I and problie most miners do solo miner 85% of the time.

As a closeing thought, "Everyone" has the right to his or her ideas and I do not want anyone coming down on anyone for expressing their ideas. So from now on when it comes to mining posts, flaming will now be allowed as I want to keep my little peice of the pie a friendly place. Sure some ideas my not fly with others and believe me this is an area I know well! lol So everyone be happy and I do promise to do my best to make both solo & group miners happy. TTYL :-)

Merlin

Works for me. Thank you

Hello,

1. Ok, so is the timer still 30 min?

2. Can the timer be changed it the sector editor now?

3. If a player or group is unable to clear a field before roid #1 respawns do they still get the clear bonus?

4. If #3 is no, should I go in and make the fields smaller?

inquiring minds want to know! lol TTYL :-)

Merlin

1. & 2. respawn timer is adjustable via sector editor

3. No. You have to clear the whole field before the first roid respawns.

4. No - Because people want to be able to continually mine. The hybrid system we have now means (or should mean!) that everyone is happy. If you like the field clear XP bonus, you clear the field quickly or with help. If you want to sit in the same field mining, you can do that too. If the sizes were reduced you'd hurt the second group of players, who like to mine the same field, as they'd have to wait a long time before the roids started spawning again.

(Merlin only (and other devs)) You can use /stats on the field centre to bring up the respawn timings and other info.

The exact way it works is:

Bonus becomes valid as soon as all roids are spawned (or re-spawned).

Bonus becomes invalid as soon as an asteroid respawns, and will not become valid again until all asteroids are respawned.

HTH,

TB

Bonus becomes invalid as soon as an asteroid respawns, and will not become valid again until all asteroids are respawned.

HTH,

TB

I like what you've done so far, but could it be made so that you get the bonus if you, at any time, are able to eradicate all spawned asteroids? Otherwise, if you miss clearing the field by just one 'roid respawning, you'd need to start again, which seems a bit unfair and frustrating.

So if i understand you correctly, your confirming that solo mining is being nerfed to make it as difficult as possible for a miner to not only get combat, but EL and TL as well, in short solo mining is toast and we group wheather we want to or not,,,so a simple yes or no to my earlier question would had probably been more effective that al the reahtoric.

No, I did not confirm that solo mining was being nerfed; I actually think it's being made better; regardless of the fact that I don't agree with the field clearing bonus - Do you get a bonus for killing all of the mobs in an area? Do you get a bonus for doing so many trade runs? No. Still, you make out better with being able to constantly mine vs. having to mine and just sit and wait or move on to other fields. Why should you get a bonus for doing what your class is built to do?. Read the previous posts on this. Do some basic math and some exploring to find fields that are easier for you to mine.

1. & 2. respawn timer is adjustable via sector editor

3. No. You have to clear the whole field before the first roid respawns.

4. No - Because people want to be able to continually mine. The hybrid system we have now means (or should mean!) that everyone is happy. If you like the field clear XP bonus, you clear the field quickly or with help. If you want to sit in the same field mining, you can do that too. If the sizes were reduced you'd hurt the second group of players, who like to mine the same field, as they'd have to wait a long time before the roids started spawning again.

(Merlin only (and other devs)) You can use /stats on the field centre to bring up the respawn timings and other info.

HTH,

TB

Hello,

Ok, I will not lower the roid count, but even fields with 75 Asteroids in them should be able to be cleared in 30 minutes. If it is taking you longer then that then you are mining above your lvl anyway.

Tienbau, on a different note, I think i found a bug with the Dev Gwormhole command. by mistake I wormholed someone and by mistake sent them to sector 3525 which doesn't exist. Normally you would get sector 0, but in this case it sent them there and took a GM to get the player to be able to log back into the game. This is the first time I have seen a problem with the gwormhole command. TTYL :-)

Merlin

I like what you've done so far, but could it be made so that you get the bonus if you, at any time, are able to eradicate all spawned asteroids? Otherwise, if you miss clearing the field by just one 'roid respawning, you'd need to start again, which seems a bit unfair and frustrating.

to get the bonus has to be challenging. If you miss it by one roid, you'll have to come back later with help, or try harder. The mid sized fields aren't a problem to get the bonus solo.

the big fields aren't meant to be able to be cleared by one person in time. It's all about teamwork. You still get good XP from mining though, and you can pick up a lot more minerals as you can mine continuously.

Made a JE to mine, and test this new stuff. I noticed in ABA. Gas clouds (solo ones not near roids/carbons) sometimes do not give Clear Bonus when all are gone. (6.3k Scan range on low level JE looking around) I also remember a Dev saying something that the level of the Mining Object has a chance to also give a higher value Ore/Gas etc. Something like 20-25%~. After about 300+ Clouds (ones I made sure and not just mine them without caring) I don't believe I saw it go up any. Wonder if this was reverted or is there a % error/coding bug with it currently!

Mining level 2-5 clouds, but getting 1-4 stuff only is painful though sometimes. : / Overall mining is pretty balanced. Played Father's TS didn't check upper ores though about level thing and stuff/bonus. It was pre-this change + mining updates that have been incoming.

Bold is for TS, JE is after mining change.

Edited by Heirku