Request for character xfer

I just finished installing EnB on a Dell Mini 10v. Sweeeet! Is there any way to transfer one of my characters to the new account I just had set up? Please? I remember Tienbau saying that it could be done if enough requested it. Well this is my request.

*whispers* if a donation would help expidite this request tell me how much. :(

o.O

Wow, I'll not quote your "whisper" hoping that you edit it, but, before starting a conversation about copyright infringements and personal offense, I ask you how old are you?

Because that sentence looks very offensive to me. And if this is not a personal attack to someone's previous behaviour regarding copyright infringements, it's just a damn stupid thing to say...

Maybe I'm just new here and don't know how the things works, but that's a great lack of politeness usually seen only in immature levels of age.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We have considered making this a special service to donors. Of course, we are concerned about the legal ramifications of doing so. Presently, it is actually quite difficult to move a character from one account to the other, and for the moment we do not offer this service.

Please forgive me if I'm missing something here, but I don't understand how Mimir's comment was offensive.

I *will* do this, but there's a whole heap of stuff I gotta get going first. Fixes to things like mission handling, jobs and MOBs take priority. But don't worry, I have been thinking about the best way of doing this. I'm pretty sure it could be done with a fairly simple SQL script, but failing that it wouldn't be too hard to code up some C++ to do it.

Hello,

Ok, from someone who has many accounts I would not like to see this happen. If we start letting players move toons around it will become a real mess! It is fairly easy to just start new toons and can use your older toons to help get them lvl'd up. Anyway, just my 2 cents and oppion. TTYL :-)

Merlin

• Upvote 1

o.O

Wow, I'll not quote your "whisper" hoping that you edit it, but, before starting a conversation about copyright infringements and personal offense, I ask you how old are you?

Because that sentence looks very offensive to me. And if this is not a personal attack to someone's previous behaviour regarding copyright infringements, it's just a damn stupid thing to say...

Maybe I'm just new here and don't know how the things works, but that's a great lack of politeness usually seen only in immature levels of age.

Huh?

The “whisper” was a tongue in cheek reference to an under the table bribe. I read and reread the whisper and couldn’t find anything even remotely offensive. I understand that different cultures observe humor very differently, so if it something that offends you and yours please elaborate how this upset you so I may refrain from upsetting you in the future. Oh and 1953 ... you do the math.

Edited by Mimir

Huh?

I understand that different cultures observe humor very differently, so if it something that offends you and yours please elaborate how this upset you so I may refrain from upsetting you in the future.

Yeah, maybe it's cultural difference. It just sounded (to me) like you was making fun of the server situation, or of someone, something like that.

Oh, and don't mind. Considering that you could be my grandpa (not really =P), I'm learning from you. =)

Rogue, I wholeheartedly believe Mimir is kidding about.

Many of us regularly donate to help keep server up.

I thought that too (and hoped he was kidding or making fun of a friend mod of him), but the way he said sounded offensive. It can be the culture thing.

Yeah I've noticed the donation system and I totally agree with it. It looks well implemented, so well that something like a "chart of products" was the last thing I would think about. I'm not saying that it exists but, the fact that the donations are actually happening makes such a demand for specific services unnecessary by the donators themselves, in my point of view.