HU 135 Bonus mission is not worth it

Since apparently the forum admins remove posts for speaking ones mind about the way something is develop, I'll word this different.

Byakee, your HU135 bonus mission could use some work. The fact that I am not able to get this grand reward that you have preached about over and over again for doing ALL of the HU missions simply because I was given a series of responses that could have gone any way and I choose to go the Progen way - which you repeatedly say yourself when speaking of combat - and stayed true to the Republic; is extremely disappointing. It makes it very difficult as a player to want to have anything to do with the missions knowing that it can be easily undone for what is seemingly no apparent reason.

You've just wasted my time and made me regret ever donating and I'll never be donating again. Thanks!

Edited by JoshuaChr

Since apparently the forum admins remove posts for speaking ones mind about the way something is develop, I'll word this different.

Byakee, your HU135 bonus mission could use some work. The fact that I am not able to get this grand reward that you have preached about over and over again for doing ALL of the HU missions simply because I was given a series of responses that could have gone any way and I choose to go the Progen way - which you repeatedly say yourself when speaking of combat - and stayed true to the Republic; is extremely disappointing. It makes it very difficult as a player to want to have anything to do with the missions knowing that it can be easily undone for what is seemingly no apparent reason.

You've just wasted my time and made me regret ever donating and I'll never be donating again. Thanks!

i believe the grand rewards come at 150 . . . so try n max your character.

I can not confirm this because apparently i screwed something up at the 100 upgrade but I am working on trying for the grand reward on my pp when he

is 150 so if your close to that let us know what you get.

My PS is also 135 and doesn't even get offered the bonus mission and both toons have done the HUs and completed them exact the same way. So there's either a bug or some underlining and unexplained reason why my PP gets it and my PS does not - but as usual there's not information provided and it's all a guessing game. This is the same case for a guild-mate of mine as well.

Its clear from these forums or the general in-game chat that people have serious issues with these missions and yet nothing is being done about it and the only response you get from Byakee is some vague (like his mission text) rambling that leaves you with no clear answer.

I don't want a mission and reward just handed to me, I like working for them, but the current way things go, it's a horrible system and needs to be rethought.

But then again, any changes he makes will make it so that only new toons get the missions and not people that have already put time and effort into their toons like he did with the previous revamps.

I also understand that it's a stress test and things aren't always spot on and will change. But people have put the time and care about what they get done. Something with so many problems and leaving so many players frustrated should never have gotten past the entire development team and continuing to do so. It's bad business.

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry that you may have undertood the concept of the level 135 hull upgrade.

As specified in the chat log this thread:

https://enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/2498-in-10-mins-gmt-ill-be-on-progen-channel-in-game-to-chat/

(10):22:40:56 Byakhee:next HU 135

(14):22:41:11 [Progen] Byakhee [DEV]: Right 135 is still a skelateral simple mission

(14):22:41:27 [Progen] Byakhee [DEV]: only 1 bonus so far of 4

(14):22:41:36 [Progen] Byakhee [DEV]: Its on hold until more content

(14):22:41:52 [Progen] Byakhee [DEV]: 135 eventualyl will be an option based one of 4 options

(14):22:41:58 [Progen] Byakhee [DEV]: required

(14):22:42:16 [Progen] Byakhee [DEV]: And is on hold until lots of high level content is put in the game

(14):22:42:40 [Progen] Illuminaughty: so is 135 pay only atm?

(14):22:42:42 [Progen] Byakhee [DEV]: Because, the options will be around your own knowledge and player knowledge of the game

(14):22:42:48 [Progen] Byakhee [DEV]: No, 135 has a mission

(14):22:42:51 [Progen] Anify: btw, those who hate complex job advancement missions, try a TS, you`ll be happier

(14):22:43:23 [Progen] Byakhee [DEV]: Its all about giving a little choice

(14):22:43:27 [Progen] Illuminaughty: is there a bonus for the mission

(14):22:43:34 [Progen] Byakhee [DEV]: yes but its incomplete

(14):22:43:47 [Progen] Byakhee [DEV]: bonus stage 1 of 4

(14):22:44: 2 [Progen] Byakhee [DEV]: And eventually is unlikely to be in this format

Now, I understand your frustration but the bonus as it stands is part of a skelateral mission that is not fleshed out

Key parts of the chat log are in bold.

To understand the bonus mission provides an object that will be required for the second stage of the bonus tree which generates an object to be used in the third stage of the bonus tree which generates an objet which is going to be a nice object to hopefully do something really interesting. As it stands all you get is a tradable object.

The Hull upgrade mission allows currently you to do the bonus.

Again from the chat tree, the level 135 is likely to be the last mission line to be touched. I'd rather complete the earlier ones first, add a new system to support higher level content and able to spawn mobs in missions.

Currently, the hulls to concentrate on are the options for the 100 and 50. The 75 is not currently important.

I apologise if you thought there was someting really uber, but I thought people would have read the chat log and discovered that the HU 135 is * on hold *, and in fact it has been * on hold * for about 8 months now. Smaller intense fires need putting out first!

byakhee you gotta do a HELLUVA A LOT BETTER THAN i'm sorry or some lame ass apology... personally I never take the hu missions unless forced cuz they are not "fleshed out" and i dont wanna wind up in the mess these people are... but hell... the reward is not some pos that you will outgrow in 10 levels (can you say emptors advantage :) )... the reward here is substantial... and for people to diligently follow the hu mission line and get totally screwed in the end is total BS...

make a L150 mission where they can go back and pick the right choice... and get their EARNED reward... and puhlez dont tell me its hard to do... remember I play a TS... so I know how easy it is...

You: walk up to NPC click "Hello"

NPC "Hello, close this damn window and open it again right now"

You click close window and click on npc again "Hello"

NPC "here is your reward you forgot it here at L135 <list reward here>"

end of story... this is a test so people who take the time to test your hu mission line to date should not be screwed from the reward... I would rather see people who dont bother with hu missions have to pay a few million more than they already do for not testing the mission... plus keep in mind that the rewards cant be fully tested if no one gets them cuz u screwed up the choices on the mission...

I realize I am coming across harsh and that you are working hard... and its one thing if there are coding errors or sumtin cuz its just hard to do... but this error imo was just a bad judgement call... now we forgive you and we love you :( put please fix this and dont punish the people who have already passed this step and done all the hu missions... Thanks :)

ps remember we are not talkin about one person... enough people got this wrong that its not their fault

Edited by Avani
  • Upvote 2

I'm sorry that you may have undertood the concept of the level 135 hull upgrade.

It's not so much the 135 upgrade that's the issue, it's the bonus missions themselves prior to 135 that set you on the right path to do the other missions for the BB and CFB.

There's a lack of clarity in what one is supposed to do. My own PW has done every mission at every hull upgrade, and is still prevented from being able to acquire the BB mission, and there is no way to get back on the right path either. There is no indication, or even a slightest hint that I could find that leads you in the proper direction to the ultimate end goal.

You've put a big enough carrot at the end of these upgrade missions for most people to follow through with them. But haven't provided a means to ensure you can complete the progression successfully.

It is exceedingly annoying to have put in all the time and effort necessary at each stage, only to be locked out of the final goal.

• Upvote 1

I am trying hard to be a good player and not complain but......... everything that has just been said/requested, and just pointed out by Avani has been said before. Do a search...I think the crypticness (is that a word?) HAS to be taken out of these missions. For example something as simple as the Text block saying you may choose two of four... what two do I pick? what happens if I pick A and C rather than C and D? I was scared even to select the descriptions of the mission as I thought I was selecting the missions at that point. (Previous post) I have been documenting the HU missions with screen grabs at every step of the way. But it could be the wrong steps/choices...guess I will find out when I get a bit farther along. If I selected wisely or flipped the coin and hit a winner I will post. If I screwed the pooch and selected badly well... maybe I can post those as what not to do but I will not be a happy camper.

Rest assured, once the options / paths are set in stone, while I won't give a walk-through, I'll at least map out the path. However, currently that path is so overgrown and they're got mineshafts, claymores, spiders and ravines in the way. There may have to be detours and I'd rather get the path sorted first before releasing any 'rough guide to the path'.

On the play test server there should be another Agrippa Tech mission for Device Buidlers who have done the Device HU option

By map out the path it means just give the name of mission and who gives it, what class it is for and the mission is required for it.

Agrippa Technology is the current main focus.

The rewards will try and reflect the option that you select.

Rest assured, once the options / paths are set in stone, while I won't give a walk-through, I'll at least map out the path. However, currently that path is so overgrown and they're got mineshafts, claymores, spiders and ravines in the way. There may have to be detours and I'd rather get the path sorted first before releasing any 'rough guide to the path'.

On the play test server there should be another Agrippa Tech mission for Device Buidlers who have done the Device HU option

By map out the path it means just give the name of mission and who gives it, what class it is for and the mission is required for it.

Agrippa Technology is the current main focus.

The rewards will try and reflect the option that you select.

Let me recap for those of you who dont speak Byakhee

"you're screwed"

which I always knew would be the answer... but I just wanted to hear it again... ah the sweet sound of defeat :(

I was just thinking that maybe the missions are not worth the effort. I had been very vocal about players doing them, all of them so they may get that reward. But the reward may change, the missions are in flux, the choices you make today may take a different path tomorrow or in an hour, or next push. My PW paid for the lvl 50 and 75 mission, did the 100 and 135 but found out that too bad so sad the rules had changed mid stream. And I was able to buy the CFB, the BB, and even got my hands on the ammo samples. So the aggrevation, the bug reports that were told to deaf ears made no difference in the end. Sheeesh I'm gonna just go have fun LOL a lvl 84 should NOT have this much trouble getting a lvl 50 HU.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Missions are in Flux - this is why they have version numbers.

Currently Brimstone Ballista has the requirement to do the explore option for HU 100; and then to do the following Combat option for the HU 100 unlocked by the explore option. Then to do the Combat Bonus for the Combat Option. Then to [Currently] Kill CL 66 mane soon-to-be-amended to 'unique mob event'. Then you get a Symbol of Loyalty, Warriors.

Currently Brimstone Ammunition has the requirement to do this route also.

Currently the CFB only requires a Symbol of Loyalty and be very high level.

Currently there are 3 ways to obtain a Symbol of Loyalty and only one route is the Combat one. Combat one is fairly set rigid (just got to change mob to a more unique one); the other two ways advance with Agrippa Technology.

Currently the Brimstone / Ammo and CFB remain as mission rewards but these will not occur when the mobs that drop this item are put in the game. Instead the Symbol of Loyalty will allow access to taking part with the Stage II Agrippa Technology Builds. You still will need to build (level 7).

Just don't expect long term the CFB . BB to be there as a mission. These are 'stop gap' for verifying some missions in the past, not 'essential mission' rewards.

• Downvote 1

I apologise if you thought there was someting really uber, but I thought people would have read the chat log and discovered that the HU 135 is * on hold *, and in fact it has been * on hold * for about 8 months now. Smaller intense fires need putting out first!

Do you seriously expect every progen player to read a chat log on the forums in order to find out any information like that? Really? That's the last place that I would look. How many players total do you think actively read the forum postings? Hell, just look at how many people ask what comps are needed to build something on market rather than using the database!

More to that point, why are missions trees that are incomplete and context eluding to grander things in the game if they are not there yet. Thats like baking a cake half way and expecting people to eat and enjoy it.

Missions are in Flux - this is why they have version numbers.

Currently Brimstone Ballista has the requirement to do the explore option for HU 100; and then to do the following Combat option for the HU 100 unlocked by the explore option. Then to do the Combat Bonus for the Combat Option. Then to [Currently] Kill CL 66 mane soon-to-be-amended to 'unique mob event'. Then you get a Symbol of Loyalty, Warriors.

Currently Brimstone Ammunition has the requirement to do this route also.

Currently the CFB only requires a Symbol of Loyalty and be very high level.

Currently there are 3 ways to obtain a Symbol of Loyalty and only one route is the Combat one. Combat one is fairly set rigid (just got to change mob to a more unique one); the other two ways advance with Agrippa Technology.

Currently the Brimstone / Ammo and CFB remain as mission rewards but these will not occur when the mobs that drop this item are put in the game. Instead the Symbol of Loyalty will allow access to taking part with the Stage II Agrippa Technology Builds. You still will need to build (level 7).

Just don't expect long term the CFB . BB to be there as a mission. These are 'stop gap' for verifying some missions in the past, not 'essential mission' rewards.

I have a big problem with this whole post. As I previously stated, my PP and PS did the missions at the same time and in the same way. My PS was given a symbol of loyalty, my PP was not. My PS does not even have the Build Shields skill, my PP does. So basically I can't get the CFB or BB on any of my toons because of incomplete missions or ones that are apparently bugged since my PP wasn't given the symbol of loyalty as well? Why is this in game? That's more than an a minor error, that's a BIG oversight.

And it's not just these missions. Take the Draft Cards mission. My PS was able to hand his in very early and get that huge money sink of a mission in Moto (which is a whole other topic but money sinks are not by any means interesting and just tick off players). My PP on the other hand has repeatedly deleted and gotten the mission again and the person on Mars still wont offer her anything, just to keep checking back. Either the missions bugged or it's half completed and for some reason pushed to the server. This should not be happening. Don't push up content that's have done. It just confuses and frustrates people.

And finally, you've just proven my point. Pretty much I'm screwed for a larger reward through the HU missions since my PS doesn't build shields unless I am forced into investing skill points into something that I don't want to. And my PP was never going to get the option to begin with - OR - I answered a question wrong and I'm not longer able to obtain the reward that I've been working towards. Do you understand how frustrating that is Byakhee?

Edited by JoshuaChr
  • Upvote 1

I realise how frustrating it is, but missions evolve as the code evolves to allow stuff being done. I am waiting to be able to spawn mobs as part of a mission, for example. Then the Merius Militia Captain can be mission spawned.

To try and recap:

You can get a CFB or BB, the steps remain in the game. Previous mission IDs remain as stepping stone mission. See Gratis Augustus Var at CL 40. Or make sure that the explore / combat option has been done. As stated rewards are as per the option taken, combat = combat.

Currently. But the CFB or BB will not be remaining as missions in the near future once Developers of Sectors that drop the item as part of their mobs implement these mobs. It may be requested to be removed sooner, too many CFB or BB may be scewing the dps on mobs etc.

Your PS was given a Symbol of Loyalty from Build Devices. Build Shields does not have it.

As it is an unique item only unique build lines will be able to get the Symbol of Loyalty.

The PP has an unique line too. The PP would get it from Reactors.

The PW does not, so can't get it from builds.

Would you just rather all missions were pulled? No content? At all? Fine, can be done. Most of the missions implemented have a tag set to not a player but then players seem to obtain the missions. When a push is done, all missions and content is pushed including any in progress.

Happily the player test server will provide a base to test these missions more thorougly prior to any release on the play server.

• Downvote 1

I realise how frustrating it is, but missions evolve as the code evolves to allow stuff being done. I am waiting to be able to spawn mobs as part of a mission, for example. Then the Merius Militia Captain can be mission spawned.

To try and recap:

You can get a CFB or BB, the steps remain in the game. Previous mission IDs remain as stepping stone mission. See Gratis Augustus Var at CL 40. Or make sure that the explore / combat option has been done. As stated rewards are as per the option taken, combat = combat.

Currently. But the CFB or BB will not be remaining as missions in the near future once Developers of Sectors that drop the item as part of their mobs implement these mobs. It may be requested to be removed sooner, too many CFB or BB may be scewing the dps on mobs etc.

Your PS was given a Symbol of Loyalty from Build Devices. Build Shields does not have it.

As it is an unique item only unique build lines will be able to get the Symbol of Loyalty.

The PP has an unique line too. The PP would get it from Reactors.

The PW does not, so can't get it from builds.

Would you just rather all missions were pulled? No content? At all? Fine, can be done. Most of the missions implemented have a tag set to not a player but then players seem to obtain the missions. When a push is done, all missions and content is pushed including any in progress.

Happily the player test server will provide a base to test these missions more thorougly prior to any release on the play server.

I really do hate to see someone get their feelings hurt, especially you for all the effort you have done on these missions. I think for the most part EVERYONE really does like what you have done.

I think with a very few modifications the missions/quests could be the best part of the EMU.

1. Tell the player what the reward is. (use a variable so it can change without re-coding )

2. If the player can fail the mission let them know this up front.

3. If the mission was failed what is the recourse for the player?

If the failure on that mission is game over for that mission tell the player this at the start of the mission.

4. If there are choices involved in the mission make sure the player is able to make an intelligent decision.

If you can’t fit how the decision tree will change the outcome of the player’s choices in the talk tree make sure that information is obtainable in another location.

5. And last but not least if you throw a misleading step into the mix make sure that it is not devastating to the outcome of that mission. Curve balls are fun, but if it wastes a lot of time, they just aggravate the player.

• Upvote 3

I really do hate to see someone get their feelings hurt, especially you for all the effort you have done on these missions. I think for the most part EVERYONE really does like what you have done.

I think with a very few modifications the missions/quests could be the best part of the EMU.

I agree with Mimir,I for one do enjoy doing the missions, but it be more fun to do the missions if they were more understandable.. I have been trying for a while now to get a Warriors Heart lvl 9 to map, i am told that it is a PW mission, why would a PW have/want to do a reactor mission when they don't even build reactors.. I also Have a PW and tried to do the missions at various levels and i have now reached lvl 150 , Done all missions and still can't get the mission to get the WH9..

5. And last but not least if you throw a misleading step into the mix make sure that it is not devastating to the outcome of that mission. Curve balls are fun, but if it wastes a lot of time, they just aggravate the player.

I feel that i have wasted mine time to an extent , but on the other hand i have enjoyed being able to play EnB again, We appreciate all the effort and time that you put into the game and the missions, Just make the missions clear as to what to do and what the reward will be when the mission is completed..

Well hopefully the player test server should be used to do this.

I'm also in TeamSpeak and available for chat (although I may run and hidfe if too many turn up).

::

Agrippa Tech: Planned

Intent: Stage I: The Chosen Few

- Level 3 Shield (Progen)

- Level 1, 3 Component (Progen)

- Level 4 Device (Progen)

[**]

- Level 2 Projectile Ammunition (Experimental)

- Level 2 Pretty poor (there is a reason) Shield + Weapon (Progen)

- Level 5 Device (Tradable, any race)

- Level 5 Reactor (Tradable, any race)

- Level 5 Shield (Tradable, any race)

- Level 5 Projectile Weapon (Tradable, any race)

- Level 5 Projectile Ammunition (Tradable, any race)

- Symbol of Loyalty reward if:

- PS: Advanced both Build Device and Build Shields to do the level 5 (There is a reason)

- PP: Advanced both Build Reactor and Build Weapons to do the level 5 (There is a reason)

- PW: Sorry, no Symbol of Loyalty

- Reward:

- 1 x Agrippa Technology Application for Stage II (Tradable, any race, use once, <Device> or <Reactor> or...)

- 1 x Agrippa Technology Alpha Researcher Medal (Non Tradable, Device, level 1, present @ next stage, also increase build skill (equip))

=========================

Stage II:

- Entry requires passing an examination item. The examination item will be a level 7 item with the buffs disabled (removed) and the attributes reduced (to minimum of 1). The examination item is obtained by:

- Trading in an Agrippa Technology Application for Stage II

- Displaying a Symbol of Honor

- Displaying a Agrippa Technology Alpha Researcher Medal in the particular field

- If fail the mission will be repeatable, but only those with the Symbol of Honor or Agrippa Technology Alpha Researcher Medal will be able to repeat using these. This is because the Agrippa Technology Application for Stage II is a use once, so for those not done the Symbol of Honor or the Build Options these may become sought after on the market.

- Items level 6-7

- Mass Marketing the ideas generated in stage I

---

Stage III

Items 8-9

[**]

This is planned, but stage III is a very long way off and Stage III will only be available to players who have completed stage I. However, the items created in Stage II will be required components for stage III builds.

Riia will be receiving from me a long post.

NOTE: Not all buffs / debuffs will work for Agrippa Technology Items. Code will be required to make these work, if an item is very good it probably hasnt had its' debuff noted.

I'm getting a little tired of this threat... Donations keep the server up and allow us all to play EnB. One mission wasted your time so you want to take it out on the whole project and all the people who play on it? Byakhee isn't the only person working on this project and even if he was, an unfinished optional mission should not be the cause of you stopping donations.

• 5 weeks later...

I wish for the missions to be pulled out of the hull upgrade promotions.

Your missions should be something that can be done optionally after gaining each promotion but not tied in with the hull upgrade and promotion mission. That would be the best way. I expect they are cool missions to do and deserve to exist but need to be separated out of the hull upgrade promotions.

And please don't use stuff like Warriors Heart Delta, Crimson Force Barrier, Brimstone Ballista next time. All of those items should never be just obtainable to a limited lucky few only through mission content.

The items to be used are yet to be developed.

The other items were in game but not dropping. These were made available as a means to check the mission worked.

Or. We are in a Stress Test.

I thought they used to drop in Moto *shrug whatever*.

Using "stress test" gets a bit overused as an excuse.

Progens already earn the right to a hull upgrade by reaching the level required. They don't need to extra hours of work to gain their promotion. Level 50 upgrade? Done 20 levels of work to deserve it. Level 75 upgrade? Same, 25 levels of work done. Level 100? Level 135, 150? Hours and hours of work done already to deserve the promotion. And no, offering to allow Progens to pay in your missions doesn't work because they then lose the chance to gain loyalty for the bonus missions - as I understand it anyway.

Getting it yet? Your missions need to be separated from the promotions.

Your missions are great role play stuff but please don't tie them in with promotions any more.