/sendcreditsto <playername>

I think he is referring to giving credits via slash command long distance, not in group or on a station.

It seems like it would make sense for one to be able to Western Union some money to someone else in space...

How does everyone else feel about this?

How does everyone else feel about this?

I think avoiding travel time to accomplish giving another character credits would be convenient.

And it doesn't prevent personal trade box feely touchy play styles either if that is your thing.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Lot

Yeah, long distance trading for credits only. You'd still have to get face to face to trade items.

It would really help those of us with alt-itis. I'm constantly transferring my money back and forth between my 3 characters, so that I can build/refine/buy/trade/HU/whatever. It gets really annoying (I guess if I wasn't so poor in game this wouldn't be a problem B) )

probably a bad idea

Since you type it, it is remembered and it can reappear if you press the up key while in chat mode. (or was it the down key, i forgot)

Since the up key is also your thrust forward key, it is too easy to screw up.

I for one have repeated previous messages by mistake before while in the heat of combat simply because the chat mode was active and I wanted to get it away quickly so I could control my ship again.

The result of sending someone credits twice can be frustrating, and not just because the person may not always send back the cash.

I mean what if you send all your cash accidentally and the person just left for a two week break...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like the idea of /sendcreditsto <playername>.

I mean, it's supposed to be what, the 26th century, and we are still needing to handle actual cash?

And here I thought the Terrans had the deed and title to being the most innovative race when it came to money-handling. B)

probably a bad idea

Since you type it, it is remembered and it can reappear if you press the up key while in chat mode. (or was it the down key, i forgot)

Since the up key is also your thrust forward key, it is too easy to screw up.

I for one have repeated previous messages by mistake before while in the heat of combat simply because the chat mode was active and I wanted to get it away quickly so I could control my ship again.

The result of sending someone credits twice can be frustrating, and not just because the person may not always send back the cash.

I mean what if you send all your cash accidentally and the person just left for a two week break...

Easy to prevent.

Have the command pop up a dialog box "Do you really want to give $x credits to <playername> ? [Yes] [No] ..."

I think it probably needs to be tested out with limited function for an extended period . . . so I would propose initially limiting it to the form of:

/sendcreditsto Jarod

and I'll let you all know how it works. :(

In seriousness I'm not violently opposed to it but it does seem to be something that would mostly be for the convenience of multi-boxers, of which I am one, but I think I prefer the "you have to actually be there to trade anything" system currently in place. It's a slippery slope, IMO.

Is this really needed though? I mean for the most part, if you are giving credits to another player it is because you are buying something from them, so you'd need to be opening a trade window anyway. (And most multibox chars are next to each other anyway)

In seriousness I'm not violently opposed to it but it does seem to be something that would mostly be for the convenience of multi-boxers, of which I am one, but I think I prefer the "you have to actually be there to trade anything" system currently in place. It's a slippery slope, IMO.

Is this really needed though? I mean for the most part, if you are giving credits to another player it is because you are buying something from them, so you'd need to be opening a trade window anyway. (And most multibox chars are next to each other anyway)

That's what I was thinking.

when I read this post I was certain it was not for multi boxers... why would a multi boxer care? as was mentioned we are standing next to one another... and some of us more organized multi boxers have L0 alts on different bases with a cash supply for easy access... aka sumtin good comes up on market and u need to get there quick... log the alt and pay for the order instead of trekking back from antares and hope the item is still avble

the people who would benefit most from this are the single account people... cuz now they would not have to bother someone to trade money with and hope that they dont take off with it... or have to tip them...

Edited by Avani
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

it's about convenience really... but it does seem to have a lot of popular resistance. Maybe some folks think that a /sendcreditsto <playername> will lead to a /senditem <item> <playername> and utimately degrade the community down to WoW-dom.

how often do people take the money people trade them for transfers?

seems a bit too impersonal for my taste. I mean sure it would make sense in the context for you to be able to transfer cash from station to station or ship to ship, but is that what we really want? This game is about community and this command means you don't have to interact as much with other people.

• Upvote 1

how often do people take the money people trade them for transfers?

seems a bit too impersonal for my taste. I mean sure it would make sense in the context for you to be able to transfer cash from station to station or ship to ship, but is that what we really want? This game is about community and this command means you don't have to interact as much with other people.

How often do you give ONLY credits to someone other than one of your own toons? In 99% of trades the player interaction would still be there.

It would also be nice to be able to send some credits to a noob to help them on their way when I'm in antares or cooper farming, and not have to hunt them down.

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds almost like a mail feature. Which I'm sure this game could greatly benefit on the player side from having a mail system, but I don't imagine that would be as simple to implement as a command based trade to a player currently online.

Although mail & auctions would be incredibly awesome!