Easter Eggs

Since explore xp is still the hardest of the 3 to level up, I was just trying to think of some random things to help boost it. What about leaving some randomly dropped easter eggs along the nav paths. As you are flying by, if you are paying attention, it will look like something that was looted from a corpse and left in space. Once you pick it up, you get a one step mission to take the item to some random NPC somewhere in the galaxy and depending on how far away it is from where you found the item, you get a scaled amount of explore xp (maybe some credits along with it, or some type of equipment similar to the level of the item you found in space).

• Upvote 2

Since explore xp is still the hardest of the 3 to level up, I was just trying to think of some random things to help boost it. What about leaving some randomly dropped easter eggs along the nav paths. As you are flying by, if you are paying attention, it will look like something that was looted from a corpse and left in space. Once you pick it up, you get a one step mission to take the item to some random NPC somewhere in the galaxy and depending on how far away it is from where you found the item, you get a scaled amount of explore xp (maybe some credits along with it, or some type of equipment similar to the level of the item you found in space).

Hello,

Well personlly for me Explore is the easyest one to get with Trade (depending on your race) being the hardest, or taking the most time to get. TTYL

Merlin

great idea... and I even have the item that you could find already in the game... when you blow up those glenn ships it drops passenger things or sumtin like that... cant remember exactly...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like the idea as well, but I would expand on this by putting them not only along nav paths, but in remote locations as well. Put an NPC on Friendship 7 or Net-7 Sol to turn them in to. Base the rewards in terms of XP on how hard they are to find. Those that are on highly travelled nav paths could have a sig of say 3.0, while the ones that are supposed to be hard to find have a sig of 0.5 varying sig in between. Maybe the really remote ones could be cloaked and offer the best rewards. Maybe they could give a small amount of Glenn Commission or N7 faction as well. It would also give JW and JT something explore based that they would be better at than the warriors & traders from the other races (and another means to level up key skills.

There was also a time in Live when you could find Bunyip eggs, (Mar-April 03 I think) and bring them back to various NPCs. I think, however, you could only take the same type of Bunyip egg back to the same NPC once. I remember finding more than a few Rancid bunyip eggs, and a few speckled ones. I think they may have came in other forms, but the Rancid ones were worthless to the NPC.

• 1 month later...