How to hurt multi-boxing.

Tyran

Thanks for helping point this out and indeed what Suricata said ended the thread at #16 for me.

The title is ofcourse a puller, I decided on it because I feel we are being gently pushed towards multiboxing and this would obviously draw attention. I did not create this topic because I deny others the comfort of multi-boxing, but because I think it will be very unlike live for everyone to be forced into it.

It is puzzling how the title caused not just one, but multiple members (and not just any members!) to completely ignore the initial post and throw rants about. At any rate I am sorry that the title caused certain people to lose it.

Now, I understand that those involved do not apologize, their overreaction is embarassing enough. So no hard feelings from me.

Finally, if an Admin wants and nobody has anything further to add, then you have my blessings to lock the thread.

There were a couple of posts and comments in st3 that even though we have a lot of registered users, we have many who aren't going to play until the p-wipes are over so of course we'll have a smaller population. Some didn't like the direction the emulator was going and quit, but are still registered so again makes population appear bigger.

I think part of the numbers registered is due to having to have a separate email address for each "game" account. I speak for myself when I say I could not get the site to accept my email for my two accounts; finally gave up and used my second email address so now I have two registrations on the site.

I don't think the game is so much pushing multi-boxing as when people log on and can't find groups, or play in the same fashion as they did in live it makes it appear multi-boxing is the way to go.

I play both multi-box and solo if I'm in a group or raid. Currently I multi-box more due to lack of groups and mobs being the way they are while they're being "tweaked".

I have a feeling multi-boxing will become a mute point as we get closer to alpha/live phases and the player wipes end. Until then I don't know what the answer is, not many people on perhaps find a guild that is active during your time zone? ask around in-game chat? perhaps start a post in general discussion "looking for groupies in xx time zone"?

By the way, player wipes are close to over, there are likely to only be 2 (maybe 3) wipes in the future: when we go to Alpha, maybe when we enter Beta, and then finally when go Live.

I will talk to Slayerman about getting the registration form to accept an e-mail up to three times.

• Upvote 1

Just checked the code.

There is no check on the e-mail.

However, the e-mail address you use MUST match the e-mail address on the forum account you are registering against.

The only limitation is on the amount of accounts you can create against a forum username... which is 3

Just checked the code.

There is no check on the e-mail.

However, the e-mail address you use MUST match the e-mail address on the forum account you are registering against.

The only limitation is on the amount of accounts you can create against a forum username... which is 3

Yep, I just tried this and it works perfectly.

lol, Yes. I am now CDel, CDel921, CDel922, and CDel923. We are many and we are one, resistance is futile. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.

lol, Yes. I am now CDel, CDel921, CDel922, and CDel923. We are many and we are one, resistance is futile. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.

rofl....

maybe that was my problem, I may not be distinctive enough? or too distinctive? or just plain confused with it.....

thank you for the clarification though