Question for the next step.

68 members have voted

1. 1. Keep BBW open in the next update (live)

• Yes.
    • No .
  2. 2. Keep the Tado Gate... Gateable

• Yes.
    • No.
  3. 3. This is how I feel about Progens.

• I Love Them!
    • I Hate Them!
  4. 4. Should leveling speed be left alone (-For Seeker-)

• Yes... We don't have years to level up and I want the fun stuff
    • No... Slow it down so it takes forever and I loose my family/job

I want to know if the intention is to have the game back to live ( almost ) exact.

can these three questions that plague most people's minds

1 - Will BBW be opened in the next ST / Live as it is now.

2 - Will Tado be opened as it is now

(I vote yes on both by the way)

and three. will the ability to level slow down? or will we stay at the pace we are.

• Upvote 1

1) BBW and Paramis should remain open, but should be fairly risky to get to for a non-factioned toon (possibly involving pirate-owned mid-level turrets, gravity wells near the gates, and the possibility to buy "faction passes" from pirate NPCs like Drostan McClure that get deducted from your inventory when gating, while SLOWLY* improving your RD faction)

The non-faction player here would be more akin to a Smuggler (heh, the sector group was called "Smuggler's Run" or some such, no?) running his wares but not necessarily aligned to a pirate group.

*the caveat here being that it might be faster to gain faction by helping the RD's control those pesky drones that got loose and are currently running amok, or by killing those peskier Chavez chaps.

2) I'd like to see FB/Tada-O open as is now...

3) Progens are mostly smelly, cloned, leather and plasti-steel armour wearing heathens. But they are very handy to have around when you need to kill something with large doses of death. :)

4) The unpolled question: leveling speed should be left alone. Some of us don't have quite the time to spend a year raising a toon to get to the "fun stuff". :D

• Upvote 1

Curious to know these too.

I think that BBW should be closed to those with faction of -2000 or worse, and QAR to those whose faction is less than +2000. I do like that RD jobs, as well as jobs for other non-playable factions can be found at job terminals, but I do think some places should be more likely to have them than others. Charon Cloister, should be one of the places where you can find jobs for the more "outlaw" factions like Anseria, Chavez, and RD. There should be various NPCs around that offer missions for gaining faction, and should differ in what their minimum faction required to talk to them is. Whether or not those missions also come with negative faction modifiers should depend on the nature of the mission, both options should be available but those that give both positive faction with one group, and negative faction with another should give bigger rewards, in XP, credits, and faction.

These missions that have both positive and negative faction mods should say so in the dialogue. Simply point out that faction X will not like this. Most NPC missions, should give positive faction awards with the sponsor, since one's doing that faction a favor, but this should not apply to training missions in your newb sector & missions to learn most skills (since you're receiving a favor). Grinding trash mobs should not be the main way that people raise faction, but it should be available the way it was in Live for those who want to do it that way, and have some minor advantage in doing so IMO.

I think that most toons should start with -5000 RD. Playable factions that are friendlier to them should start 500 faction better, enemies 500 worse. So everyone would start between -5500, and -4500 RD. Killing your own kind if you're a JT should NOT raise RD faction, since killing either RD or Sharim mobs lowers both factions. see faction table here.

On the Fishbowl gate raid, I liked the way it was in Live where it was instanced.

Progen: Well for role-play reasons my Jen toons should hate them, however, they have some pretty cool skills. Especially the Sentinel.

Edited by Terrell
  • Upvote 1

1. I'm guessing factioned gates will return as soon as we get all the mob factions worked out.

2. The Tada-o gate will be like it is for a while until we get all the scripts working to have a progressing raid style event. After that it will probably turn into a trigger raid like it was in live.

3. Progens are definitely not as cool a Jenquai.

4. As for leveling: not exactly sure, it seems pretty balanced now. We might need to look at the exp gained from doing jobs to make sure they are balanced but for the most part it seems pretty similar to live.

• Upvote 1

1. I'm guessing factioned gates will return as soon as we get all the mob factions worked out.

basically ( i never understood this from live ) Smugglers run should be a dangerous but open zone due to the fact that

the pirates inhabit it. by that thought process i never knew why you would have to gain the red dragons favor to

decide to use there gates... there stations I understand but if we decide to lock BBW and revert it to the old live

way then will we be able to do more then grind to get faction?

farming for faction just like buying cement blocks was a time/money sink put in by the old developers these were

ways to keep us occupied.

Think of this. . . . You gate to BBW and have a random encounter, could be a run in with Red Dragons . . . It could

be a run in from your own kind asking why you are smuggling.

the possibilities are endless, do you fight? bargains ? or run like hell.

wouldn't another alternative be to make getting red dragon faction more fun?

more missions and repeatable missions to help the RD? attacking chavez convoys/herbal remedy farms. infiltrating the chavez

maybe doing a mission for earthcorps then turning on them in favor of the RD?

instead of just killing mobs over and over?

I remember the first time I was able to get in to BBW. It was a great feeling of reward for my hard work and I don't want us to rid of that.

• Upvote 2

Another way to gain faction without the grind would be awesome!

Sitting on a nav mindlessly killing chavez for hours, days, weeks to gain faction blows!

I did it in live only because of raids and needing desired gear. Nevar agin. ;P

Missions would be ideal, imo, because even though it's a type of grind, at least you are doing something different than camping a spawn. (which of course will be heavily camped once the gates close)

wouldn't another alternative be to make getting red dragon faction more fun?

more missions and repeatable missions to help the RD? attacking chavez convoys/herbal remedy farms. infiltrating the chavez

maybe doing a mission for earthcorps then turning on them in favor of the RD?

instead of just killing mobs over and over?

I remember the first time I was able to get in to BBW. It was a great feeling of reward for my hard work and I don't want us to rid of that.

Yes, that would be great, I'm all for having more than one way to do things.

Edit: When I was playing my JE in Live, the first toon I was able to enter BBW with, I was in Fenris mining with Ohkami when I noticed that the RD mobs were green. I had been working on JE's RD for a while before, but since I got to Fenris and back mostly by using the Wormhole skill, I hadn't noticed that the BBW gates were green.

Edited by Terrell

Wondering something about Paramis as well as the many other sectors not open in live,

Aren't they going to slow things down?

They were not in live, so nobody is going to miss them. Also, I RLY think they are best for a post-launch update.

There's only a few sectors for the three extra professions that need to be there, probably around 3-6.

But Paramis, Mercury, etc., thats seems like taking too much on your plate...

is it possible for the L50 chavez in paramis and similiar mobs that give rd rep that are L50 to give faction proportional to the L10 mobs... and let me spell this out... if you can gain say 500 faction per hour farming L10 chavez or whatever the rate is then you should be able to gain 500 faction per hour farming L50 chavez... this way at L150 I can fight stuff my own level to get rep...

its stupid to have L150 toons killing L10's endlessly cuz its the fastest way to get rep...

/edit more spelling out... obviously you will be killing way less L50's per hour than L10's... but the L50's will give xp and loot equal to a L150 toon... while the L10 corpses will be left there to rot

Edited by Avani
  • Upvote 1

Wondering something about Paramis as well as the many other sectors not open in live,

Aren't they going to slow things down?

They were not in live, so nobody is going to miss them. Also, I RLY think they are best for a post-launch update.

There's only a few sectors for the three extra professions that need to be there, probably around 3-6.

But Paramis, Mercury, etc., thats seems like taking too much on your plate...

Well the development team is split a few ways

there are the coders who do not touch any part of the new sectors except maybe the occasional coding bug that affects them (like the logging out in a new sector sends you to Net-7 bug).

there are the content developers (like me)

and there are the floater devs (like merlin and suricata, ores and mobs)

us content devs are the ones who handle the new sectors and to be honest we really aren't all that busy. Most of what we do is fix content bugs since most of the content has been added. We also add missions at times, but leaving the new sectors on the plate is not distracting from other dev duties.

I am not totally happy with the new Jenquai sectors and I can't imagine you would be either. I don't know if players would miss them were they gone, but they have a place in this universe and it will be a challenge for us to make them as awesome as the sectors in live. But eventually they will get there. We will try our best to make sure they fit in the universe and who knows, maybe some day they will be better than the sectors of live.

well i agree with what most have said here except for a couple things,

I did the grind in Live for BBW and that was well and good. But to be truthfully honest, BBW has nothing im interested in grinding for faction for again. I used to enjoy mining there with my JE, but since i cant even mine solo in the game any more that now is gone too. The thing about live i enjoyed was the ability to group or not group depending on my mood, but u guys have it now where its either group or group, so im content with just running term missions with my little ps and using my JE to taxi em around.

The leveling speed seems to be ok, not really a lot in paramis I go for, but it is an interesting sector. I get most of my fun in the game with my Fluffly the battle kitten lines, and of course being tossed the occasional chicken.

u guys have it now where its either group or group

If you really feel this way, why don't you give feedback to us developers about it? and be specific! You could call it: a developer request.

• 3 months later...

I think BBW and Paramis should be faction based, as it was in live. I like the idea of having to earn things in games.

The Tado-O gate I think should be similar to live, but not exact. Maybe a shorter quest to obtain an item to open it.

As for what Starfox said about solo mining, the big thing right now is signatures are not totally working properly. For example, in live I had a JE that could get below 0.0 and could mine all day long in roid fields with mobs and never be seen, that's how it should be. Once that is fixed you won't have to group anywhere to mine and be safe.

I think BBW and Paramis should be faction based, as it was in live. I like the idea of having to earn things in games.

The Tado-O gate I think should be similar to live, but not exact. Maybe a shorter quest to obtain an item to open it.

As for what Starfox said about solo mining, the big thing right now is signatures are not totally working properly. For example, in live I had a JE that could get below 0.0 and could mine all day long in roid fields with mobs and never be seen, that's how it should be. Once that is fixed you won't have to group anywhere to mine and be safe.

I agree with these gates being factioned but not yet. IIRC from live, killing v'rix improved your RD faction and there were v'rix everywhere. Since we are missing this large group of mobs to help RD faction (and with the respawn timers seeming to have been increased on Chavez) I think we should wait until the v'rix are back in game before we faction these gates again.

I think that before we faction the RD gates, we should get where faction resets don't happen. In this stress test I got both my Chavez and RD neutral, on my JE, only to have it reset later, after I had done all 3 missions that give RD faction. The one in Aragoth Station from Meredith Lot, and the 2 with Tzu. Those are not repeatable, so if you get a faction reset after them, it's a real pain to get your faction back up. After that issue is dealt with, and everything that affects faction is in and working fully, then they should close the gates to Smuggler's Run System, to players with bad RD faction.

1. BBW could remain open but impose a trade tariff on non-friendlies for gate use. Approaching gate with trade goods in cargo activate an NPC dialog. Either depart peacefully, take a quality hit commensurate with standing, or pay a pure credit tariff. Could be instituted on the four gates. No charge on gate to Paramis. Gate from Odin's to Paramis closed to non-friendlies.

2. Prefer hybrid solution. Gating into FB send you the current zone with "normal" fb mobs only, no bosses. If you activate the "lose on use" mission item from either within the zone, or within 10km of the gate in Cooper, it starts the mass zone-in timer that would take everyone within 10km of the gate inside of the zone and lock the zone from further entry. At this point there's a countdown where existing mobs slowly despawn and switch to raid mode with escalated boss spawning. This would allow small groups to do stuff in the "FB Lobby" to obtain ammo components, build components, xp, etc. This would also be the staging area for obtaining the mission components needed for the mission item. Obviously this would need to fleshed out some more to deal with potential pitfalls, exploits, etc.

3. Love/Hate relationship with Progens. Some you wanna stick in front of you as meatshields, some you wanna take home with you for ***CENSORED CONTENT***

4. Overall leveling seems okay though there are some rough spots which is due less to leveling speed and more to being dead zones when you're trying to drum up enough skill points to handle the level appropriate content.

• 3 weeks later...

I have tested the faction with my normal acc on play server and right now it works fine.

I see no reason to reset the faction as far as it is working now.

I got from -7000 to -1948 in 3 days, and i can remember in live it was a longer way.

Also the RDs were changing from red to yellow, the bogerils went green, so all seems to work as it should.

And i'm right now working on some hidden spots just for faction atleast as long as the V'rix aren't in to get faction faster.

Just as an information. I can not speak for all devs, but i don't see a need to reset factions.

greets

Hexergirl

the big thing right now is signatures are not totally working properly.

Is this being addressed? Maybe I shouldn't ask here but since it's posted here...

If my JE's sig says 0.3 then they shouldn't see me unless they are within 0.3, especially since in my experience my CL on JE is always way way way way lower than exploration xp / prospect skill.

That needs to be addressed obviously, but if there were 500 - 1000 ppl online groups would hopefully be easier to find anyways. I remember prospecting in groups where it would be 3 or 4 miners and 2 or 3 combatants protecting so everyone got their share of the explore/combat xp.

Regardless of minor bugs everything is pretty awesome, thank you all for making this game playable again!

Is this being addressed? Maybe I shouldn't ask here but since it's posted here...

If my JE's sig says 0.3 then they shouldn't see me unless they are within 0.3, especially since in my experience my CL on JE is always way way way way lower than exploration xp / prospect skill.

Mobs should see you at 0.3 + the mob's innate scan. If they have a scan of 5, then they'd see you at 5.3. From what I can tell, the next factor that plays is whether there's mob ai that determines how and when a mob may decide to attack you even if they can see you.