Public Test Realm

Hey everyone,

As some of you may know we now have put up a public test realm for people to play on. This server is going to be used for the developers and players to hopefully work out issues before patches are made to the play server. This may not always be the case, but we are going to try to move most big changes to the PTR (Public Test Realm) first.

On a side note about the PTR, we will not promise anything with your characters. We will be wiping any time we need on this server. Many of times what we need tested will be handed to you when you create a new character (Items, Levels, Skill points, etc.). We will announce any major bug testing that will be going on using the launcher.

The last thing is since the PTR is running on the same server as the Developer server it may not always be online. If we need to free up ram for testing it may be pulled off line until we need it for testing. This server is not a “play server” but a server for testing.

The address for the PTR server is ptr.net-7.org. I am going to try to keep it up to date with the newest accounts on the play server so that everyone can log into it. As we decide more of how we are going to run the PTR server we will let you know.

Thanks,

David

Addendum:

Please direct your attention to the PTR forums HERE for updates and announcements regarding the test server, as well as to discuss testing and to post bug reports.

Edited by C Del
Added PTR forum info.
  • Upvote 2

• 1 year later...
Hi Dave, am interested in this, outstanding opportunity, you have a dead link here though, here's the message I get when clicked on your link

[#10333] We could not find the forum you were attempting to view.

guess it's offline, the other site namely [url="http://ptr.net-7.org/"]http://ptr.net-7.org[/url] I get a 404 Site Not Found, is this a test? to get accepted into PTR? jk :D

I like to join the testing

Thank you
Brack

the main server is the test server until we go beta.

From then on, we would be using the development server as the testing server (you can see this in the dropdown as dev.net-7.org).

The main focus of the testing is volume related, so the main server is perfect for this - we found the public test server wasn't getting much traffic, and what little it got people were just testing the high end content, which we have sufficient testing of on the main server.

It was just a bit too much strain on us to keep 3 servers up and running, 2 is a lot easier.

There will be further announcements about beta when we get closer to the date.

My bad, I just noticed it was posted in July 2010 I seen this posted in View New Content which I read allot, I'll be more mindful as to read the date of the original poster