Need Info: Mordana Raid in KV!

Does anyone have info or things they remember about this raid?

I never did it in live but am preparing to recreate it.

Here is the little that I know:

It occurred in Kitara's Veil near the mordana tabernacle.

It involved killing a number of mordana cruisers and fighters.

was it on a spawn timer or was it triggered by an item?

was there an order you were supposed to kill the mordana in? like kill cruiser one then cruiser two?

What were the drops off the mordana?

Defender's Pride, Defenders Doumaru, Ghosts Edge. What else?

Any and all information you can provide please. And if you can confirm any of the things I've mentioned here that would be helpful too.

no kill order afaik

sting of the mordana, a L8 reactor for ps and a L9 shield with progen buffs also dropped i faintly remember

the mobs spawned in waves, and every few waves had a cruiser

the raid was piss easy is another fact, dont remember the raid ever failing. alo deaths were very very rare

Veiled Oyoroi (JE custom shield) also dropped off the Mordana. The reactor for the Sentinel was the Vulture. (Sharim Prototype shield should probably drop there too)

From the Static Guild Forums - I combined a few of the threads together

* A group of Mordana Spawns. You shoot the FRIGATES FIRST. Only AFTER -ALL- the Frigates in a group are dead, THEN do you even throw rocks at the Destoyers. When someone kills a Destroyer while it still has even ONE Frigate alive, that breaks the spawn cycle, and we have to start all over, killing more and more of them to get a Cruiser to spawn. CHECK YOUR TARGETS. Group leaders should choose targets properly, so people in the group who may be having trouble targetting can acquire the group leader's target. Even still - check your target before firing. It's better to take a couple of extra seconds to make sure you're not shooting at a destroyer when there are Frigates still around, than to have to take 20 minutes longer before we killed a Destroyer and reset the spawn sequence.

* TTs are there to keep other folks alive. TTs shouldn't be shooting. TTs should have, and be using, Area Shield Recharge. NOT Improved Area Recharge. Improved Area Recharge takes too long to activate, and takes twice as much energy. All TTs should have a set of raid gear including a Smuggler's Recourse missile launcher, PM, high enough quality so it gives over 4 skill levels to Recharge shields. If you don't have one, and need one, see me in game, I'll make you one.

* In case it wasn't clear DON'T SHOOT DESTOYERS IF THERE ARE STILL FRIGATES!

* The only loot we're concerned about on Mordana Raids is CRUISER LOOT. LEAVE the Type A Missile ammo, the Mordana Talismans, the Golden Kimono Shields, and what not. Having the hulks around isn't going to affect the Mordana spawn times, they're independent of whether or not the hulks are cleared. If you're on a Mordana raid, you should be shooting, recharging shields/patching hulls, repairing equipment if necessary, shooting, JSing, or shooting. NOT looting paltry minor crap. We're there to get Cruisers to spawn - and when we get a Cruiser spawn, whichever group kills it, LOOT IT, then move on. All the Mordana drops are tradeable. Get the loot, pass it to the Group Leader when you can, and they'll get it to the raid leader, an Officer, or me for distribution. If and ONLY if there's "down time" or a lull between spawns should you worry about clearing hulks.

* Kill the spawns in order to speed up Cruiser Spawns. The 56 group before the 57, the 57 group before the 58, etc.

* Stay tightly packed together. Each raid should have someone designated as "anchor point" - get right on top of that person, and try to stay on top of that person. We want EVERYONE in the raid close together, so area shield recharges will overlap.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If there's a PE in the raid, with an Atrophy Novem onboard, his/her primary job is to debuff the Destroyer. NO SHOOTING... just DEBUFF until the effect is successful.

This helps the poor TTs alot. And the other peeps as well, as the shield recharges don't get interrupted as much.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

so you mean while the frigates are still alive... just start debuffin the destroyer? that is very cool...

one more thing raid group and individual group makeup is CRITICAL... if you do not have the right people in the right places with the right equip... then you better get your scientific calculator out... cuz you will need it to compute the xp debt

min 2 groups with 2 TT's, 1 JE, 1 JD, 1 PS (so you have 2 jsr's) rest all warrirors your choice... JE needs L9 phoenix's to keep tt's juiced cuz when shield charge runs out so does life... if you can find a JE or PS with good mordana faction who is willing to sit out the raid and just stand by for js's then you can add another gun to the group (je's can still phoenix tt's ungrouped but will slowly losr mrdy faction for it)

Edited by Avani

From the Static Guild Forums

New mordana spot

« on: September 25, 2003, 10:21:19 PM » Reply Quote Modify Remove Split Topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok. Rakio is a new spot for some mordana loot. The sparta nova lance is dropped there, confirmed as of tonight. I don't know about archos, red dragonfly, sn9 yet, but will continue raiding until we have every drop from these mordana figured out. Also, another device looted was the shatter septem. Oh, these drop from frigates, not cruisers.

For this nav you only need 1 group. A Maxed TT with full raid gear, a lvl 7 JSer with phoenix devices, a JD with max psi and 3 other warriors. It can be done with less but is rather brutal. When you warp in be prepared to face lvl 53-55 off to your right, and lvl 45-47 off to your left if your coming from the gate.

Thank you for those of you who participated in tonights hunt. I also recomend anyone to try and start a hunt here. Because only 6 people are needed to raid, it should be fairly easy to get enough people to start farming this nav.

As always, all mordana raid rules still apply, shoot the frigates, then the destroyers to try and get the cruiser to spawn. It would be interesting to see if two cruisers could spawn at the same time because of the two differnt CL groups(45-47, and 53-55)

Happy Hunting

Mordana Cruisers in KV

Veiled Oroyoi Shield & Vulture 8 Reactor - Lilo nav Cruiser

Defenders Domaru Shield & Juggernaut 8 Reactor - Listening Post nav Cruiser

Crimson Force Barrier Shield & Defenders Pride Beam - Jushai nav Cruiser

Sting of the Mordana ML and Ghost Edge Beam - Tabernackle nav Cruiser

There are a bunch of people who killed many Mordana when it nailed your Sha'ha'dem faction, or killed V'rix when they nailed your Sha'ha'dem faction, and are thus unable to dock on places like Jove's Fury, Paren, Aragoth Station, etc.

Jove's Fury in particular is too important of a station for various reasons, and is my personal "home" base. There's simply no excuse for not fixing your Sha'ha'dem faction enough to be able to dock on these stations.

Go kill Chavez and collect the fragments they drop fairly regularly. Go to Trader's Fort, and there is an NPC there (I don't know the name of it offhand, none of MY characters have pissed off the Sha'ha'dem so badly they couldn't job to repair it - if someone knows the name of the NPC, please provide it in a reply to this post) who you can turn fragments in to to get small amounts of Sha'ha'dem faction. It's only a little bit per fragment, so it can be slow, but you can be as maxed red and hated to the nth generation of your offspring, and this still works. Get Neutral (Yellow) to the Sha'ha'dem, and you can dock on their stations (and I think then be able to run jobs for faction, which will be much faster).

hope all that helps... sry for the multi posts... but a lot of this info was scattered over our forum and a lot was also lost at one point or another due to the perils of the internet :lol:

if I get a chance I will try and post the mordana philospher stuff too

Edited by Avani

Sounds about right, it was a progressive spawn based on kill rate, So if you didn't kill the mobs fast enough, the chance for it to progress was slimmer. There was usually 2 groups at each of the 4 boss spawn locations, so you had to make sure you were only attacking 1 spawn, otherwise you'd mess your killrate up. 'If' you had a good group, you could actually fight both spawns and get multiple cruisers to spawn, but it was pretty tough to maintain the kill rate with 2 spawn groups.

'If' you had a good group, you could actually fight both spawns and get multiple cruisers to spawn, but it was pretty tough to maintain the kill rate with 2 spawn groups.

copy that... I cut out the part of how we would spawn 2 cruisers at a time cuz most of the info had nuttin to do with the spawning (you just treated the 2 grps as one)... its was more command and control crap like when I tell you to jump start jumping first and then ask how high :lol:

in guild raids we always did multi cruisers... but in pugs it was much harder as the people were not as well equipped and there were always a few that refused to follow orders and felt that looting type A ammo was priority or the pug organizer that would bring there low level alt along or somc crap... so most pugs would just focus on one at a time... but then again Andromeda was not big on pugs...

oh and debuffing with atrophy novem was not that hard to do... it would hit a lot... but you just kept applying it cuz it to make sure they were always with it...

Edited by Avani

Yup, leaving trash loot helped alot, what I usually did was just have the TT looting, as they didn't effect the killrate (unless they were too busy looking at loot and not healing!)

So compiling the given information:

• Cruiser would only spawn once all Frigates were destroyed; prematurely killing Destroyers reset the spawn progression
  • Destroyers used beams
  • Spawn locations: Rakio (apparently fewer), Mordana Tabernacle (bigger group) -- I'm guessing there were several others judging by the numerous spawn locations of the cruisers

Frigate and/or Destroyer loot

• Type A missiles
  • Mordana Talisman
  • Golden Kimono Shield

Frigate loot

• Shatter Septem
  • Nova Lance

Cruiser loot

• Veiled Oyoroi, Vulture Mk. VIII (Lilo spawn)
  • Defender's Doumaru, Juggernaught Mk. VIII (Listening Post spawn)
  • Crimson Force Barrier, Defender's Pride (Jushai spawn)
  • Sting of the Mordana, Ghost's Edge (Tabernacle spawn)
  • Vulture Mk. VIII, Defenders Pride (Rakio spawn [?])

Does anyone remember the levels of each mob? Also, that reminds me; the Atrophy Novem's debuff does not seem to work properly yet.

I've just been sorting out the loot tables for the Mordana, Cruiser wise, I knew 2 of them, but couldn't remember the other 2, so took a guess on what I think it was:-

• Veiled Oyoroi, Vulture Mk. VIII (Lilo spawn) - Mordana Cruiser Avenger
  • Defender's Doumaru, Juggernaught Mk. VIII (Listening Post spawn) - Mordana Cruiser Justicar
  • Crimson Force Barrier, Defender's Pride (Jushai spawn) - Mordana Cruiser Redeemer
  • Sting of the Mordana, Ghost's Edge (Tabernacle spawn) - Mordana Cruiser Rapture

Each Cruiser will drop atleast 1 of those items, it may sometimes drop both if you are lucky.

The way I have them set up currently, is that there are 3 types of mob, those been normal, guardians and bosses. So, a CL 58 Normal mob has CL 58 stats, a CL 58 guardian (like Vicious Tengu for example) have CL 59 stats, and CL 58 bosses has CL 60 stats. This will apply for most mobs in the new schema, so that when you see a boss mob, you will know it is going to be a harder fight than usual. I'll be testing the cruisers on the dev server over the coming weeks.

We have pushed a minor fix onto the live server as well regarding mob damage, mobs were having thier damage multiplied when it shouldn't of been, thus cl 50+ mobs were doing 175% more damage than they should of been. So players fighting the high level drones in BBW should get a vague idea of what strength the Mordana ships will have. You will need a full group to be able to kill them at an effective kill rate.

I once looted a Veil NGC 9 from one of the cruisers, believe it was rapture.

I also remember that the frigates had the recharge shields skill and that they all spammed it whenever you started shooting a destroyer or cruiser before they were dead.

Just to add, Mordana debuffed you for EMP and used EMP beams, meaning if your healer didn't keep your shield up, you were going to have nasty power issues. This will mean that EMP damage will need fixing before the raid comes in (it drains your reactor even if you have shields at the moment). The JE Phoenix, and other group energy buffs will all need to be working properly when this raid comes in, otherwise it will be quite tough.