Build Reactors Info

Okay.

I've searched the forums high & low and even asked ingame, but I can't find the information I'm seeking.

The Build Reactor skill says to talk to Getco Mechanic on Ishuan Station once you reach lvl 60. All well and good, but I'm under the impression that that information is outdated, and I've found no information on the forums saying one way or another, or any detailed information on how to get the skill (2nd hand comments/references at best).

Is there a NEW mission for seeker's to get Build Reactor, if so... from whom do I get it from and at what level (hoping that the level needed has been reduced, since 60 is too fracking high.) and if there isn't a NEW mission, could I get detailed information on the current mission.

((personally, I'd switch JE and JS needed lvl for Build Reactors, since JS being a trader should get the skill first; either way I just want to KNOW what is what.))

Edited by Xanath

• 2 months later...

The information is not outdated.

You do, however, need to complete the previous build missions first (comps/weapons/engines). After that, it is pretty easy. Both my JE and JS have the skill so it works for both although JE one is easier to get B)

Spin

Okay.

I've searched the forums high & low and even asked ingame, but I can't find the information I'm seeking.

The Build Reactor skill says to talk to Getco Mechanic on Ishuan Station once you reach lvl 60. All well and good, but I'm under the impression that that information is outdated, and I've found no information on the forums saying one way or another, or any detailed information on how to get the skill (2nd hand comments/references at best).

Is there a NEW mission for seeker's to get Build Reactor, if so... from whom do I get it from and at what level (hoping that the level needed has been reduced, since 60 is too fracking high.) and if there isn't a NEW mission, could I get detailed information on the current mission.

((personally, I'd switch JE and JS needed lvl for Build Reactors, since JS being a trader should get the skill first; either way I just want to KNOW what is what.))

• 2 years later...
[quote name='Spin' timestamp='1283874442' post='23952']
The information is not outdated.

You do, however, need to complete the previous build missions first (comps/weapons/engines). After that, it is pretty easy. Both my JE and JS have the skill so it works for both although JE one is easier to get :)

Spin
[/quote]

Perhaps it is now out dated. I have a JS that has all build skill except reactors and he is waaaay over level 60. He doesent really need it, but wanted to get the skill anyway.

The Getco Mechanic is not on Ishuan station. Where is he currently?

Thanks Edited by Hobbs

Got it done. I am just too used to seeing the name of the person I am to see to get a skill started in my Character Skill description that I didnt ask the NPC's on the station. My Bad <_<

i wonder how hard that would be to change?

Thanks Terrell ;)

• 11 years later...

Mostly because I find the idea of necroing a 13-year old post amusing, but also because I found this thread once and mistakenly thought this was the JE mission as well before I corrected that information on the wiki, here is a reference to all the Build Reactors training mission info for each profession (which contains links to the relevant missions, the precise NPCs and locations, and levels at which you can begin):

https://www.net-7.org/wiki/index.php?title=Build_Reactors

just in case anyone else finds this in a forum search later as I did.

As an aside, I also wholeheartedly agree with the others here that it's crazy that the Jenquai Tradesman profession (Seeker) gets Build Reactors later than the Explorer!!!  That's completely backwards. It's reasonable that the Progen Tradesman profession (Privateer) gets Build Reactors first as reactors are kinda their thing. I wouldn't argue that JE's should get them any later either as Build Reactors is already way out of whack with other build professions in terms of how late it can be acquired overall.

If anything I think the PP should get Build Reactors earlier (e.g. OL20), then JS at e.g. OL30, and leave JE as-is at OL40.  OL60 is extremely late for the JS; they should really be the 2nd best reactor builder and they should be able to get started much earlier.