New EnB Items

Since the Jenquai Seeker (and the other classes) do not have some items for their Class,

and They/we (the community)decided not to give the JSeeker missiles.

I thought I'd make a few suggestion on some new stuff.

I am not trying to make the JSeeker or the Jenquai stronger, I and a few

others would like to see some NEW class specific items in game

I read all the posts past and present, I listened to what most of you voiced.

I went through all the data bases and the W3D images and their names.

I took down all the stats of the items already in the game and came up

with the stats for these new items that closely match whats all ready

in the game.

Please save the flames for the Bar-b-que.

Here you go.

Tonfa PL Level 3-5

Dragon Tongue PL Level 4-6

Sharim Hokori Reactor Level 4-8

The attached .Zip(s) are the complete builds

Phorlaug..

TonfaPL.jpg

DragonTongue.jpg

SharimHokoriREI.jpg

Tonfa PL Line.zip

Dragon Tongue PL Line.zip

Sharim Hokori RE.zip

Tonfa PL Line.zip

Dragon Tongue PL Line.zip

Sharim Hokori RE.zip

• Upvote 2

I like them, but I think that a JT will probably work on her Projectile skill after she reaches OL150. By that she has only 2 combat skills that aren't maxed, PLs and Fold Space, 1 equipment tech not maxed (Engines), and 3 build skills that haven't been started.

Edited by Terrell

I am not trying to make the JSeeker or the Jenquai stronger, I and a few others would like to see some NEW class specific items in game

Class specific equipment is so forced...

Thus far it has been made much better than normal gear. So you are not really given a choice on what to use.

However, it is a good idea to make secondary weapons better somehow...

the stats are too high for L4 items... keep in mind that at 200% those stats go up and atm those stats would create a class imbalance despite your intent :)

being a TS, I am very into new items in the game... remember we are the redheaded bastard stepchild atm... so keep up the effort

btw what beams/current items are comparable to those items you created?

I'd like to see some of the existing class specific content released as well, such as the TS's "Hyperian Frontier's Friend" shield.

My Scout would like one of those too when she gets big enough (most of her levels are TLs so she can build devices). If she was OL130, I'd probably get her a Model Z or a Barrier of Slime 8 based on what's in game right now. Seeker & Privateer need item love too.

the stats are too high for L4 items... keep in mind that at 200% those stats go up and atm those stats would create a class imbalance despite your intent :)

being a TS, I am very into new items in the game... remember we are the redheaded bastard stepchild atm... so keep up the effort

btw what beams/current items are comparable to those items you created?

I thought I got pretty close taking the average of a few different ingame items.

For a secondary item the Buffs are what make these desirable Yes..

Can't compare Beams to Projetiles. (Apples to Oranges).

One Of the PL's are not restricted Would a Progen use it ?

I do have a Beam and a device made, I'm just looking for input right now. :)

I should of wrote down the items I modeled these after, but heres a few examples. (Click links)

L3 Projectiles.

L3 Ninja's Tanto

Saint Jacques Arun

L4 Projectiles.

Black Dragonspike

Ninja's Katana

L4 Reactors.

Draco

Prototype

Source of Inspiration

love the effort you put into those, all you need is a backstory for them or a mission. They look good.

Oh man LOL, I am hesitant on putting a storyline with at least one of the PL's

Dragon Tongue PL, Lick, Flick and Bite. LMAO. I could tie it in with a Madam at Shakti :D

But its easy enough to do, if you remember some of the other thing

I have posted on the forums past and present

I like them, but I think that a JT will probably work on her Projectile skill after she reaches OL150. By that she has only 2 combat skills that aren't maxed, PLs and Fold Space, 1 equipment tech not maxed (Engines), and 3 build skills that haven't been started.

YES, I'd love to see some Level 8 Projectiles like the Silver Hammer For the JSeeker. But I'm affraid if I did that

for my first attempt everyone would think the Radiation from my beams has taken its toll. :blink:

Thank the PS for Call Forward !

But really please compare the Stats and the buffs are they really

out of wack, I am a JD and JS so subconsiencely I may be Bias but

its not intentional.

Thanks for the Civilized input all.

Phorlaug..

I could tie it in with a Madam at Shakti :blink:

Or tie up by the Madam? Notwithstanding EnB Emu's stated desire to be a family-oriented game, I always figured there was a dark side to the Jenquai, from what Tyran might say, what with their heritage of Japanese Shibari and all that shiny vinyl-ish clothing some of them wear. :)

• Upvote 2

Or tie up by the Madam? Notwithstanding EnB Emu's stated desire to be a family-oriented game, I always figured there was a dark side to the Jenquai, from what Tyran might say, what with their heritage of Japanese Shibari and all that shiny vinyl-ish clothing some of them wear. :)

LMAO, "The Spouse will never know"

Nice wiki :blink:

Edited by Phorlaug

If we are suggesting new items...

combatdronel8.jpg

BEAMS ONLY because ammo is messy/cheesey on these things.

You can deploy them/call them back by clicking on the icon. But they need to dock with your ship before you can warp away, otherwise warp fails (there HAS to be some risk to using them or not?)

Dreams on...

combatdronel8.jpg

You can deploy them/call them back by clicking on the icon. But they need to dock with your ship before you can warp away, otherwise warp fails (there HAS to be some risk to using them or not?)

Dreams on...

Where Do I sign !

I want one!

RECON !

Edited by Phorlaug

combatdronel8.jpg

Dreams on...

Neat idea. Might have some balancing issues though. Maybe it could be put in a weapon slot instead of devices? Also, you would have to lose the item if you let your drone die.

There should be a limit to the number of drones per class unless you want drone fleets...

Instead of losing them, the penalty of incapacitated drones could be fairly high quality loss.

Also, if a drone is incapacitated it needs a jumpstart. If you leave a sector with a dead drone behind it will be returned (still incapped or not), but with added quality loss.

If drones are added, perhaps building drones could fall under the Build Devices skill so as not to create skill point issues. Also if we do allow them, perhaps they should require a drone launcher device, and the lower level ones hold 1 drone, while L8 ones will hold 2, and L9 will hold 2 and carry 1 buff. (make the launcher carry the unique tag)

Edited by Terrell

What are skill point issues? If you mean you can't have everything at once, then that is no problem if you let your exp bars overflow enough.

If anything the JS needs a unique build skill, a reason for it to exist other than to appease Jenquai fetishists.

A seperate device to launch drones is overcomplicating it. So a drone that gets deployed when you click the icon seems as difficult as it needs to be...

What are skill point issues? If you mean you can't have everything at once, then that is no problem if you let your exp bars overflow enough.

If anything the JS needs a unique build skill, a reason for it to exist other than to appease Jenquai fetishists.

A seperate device to launch drones is overcomplicating it. So a drone that gets deployed when you click the icon seems as difficult as it needs to be...

I was thinking in terms of how long it would take to establish builders of said drones, if they had it as an additional build skill, rather than as a subset of the build devices skill.

I was thinking of a drone launcher device as a limiting factor to how many drones a player could launch. Also players using a drone launcher, unless it's a level 9 one would be giving up a device slot that could be used for buffs.

I think that the JT is okay on builds since she can build reactors for less cost than the JE, and compete in building on a level playing field with the PT on Terran reactors. I think that for her L135 skill, she should get something that's a combat support skill, that will make her more useful in groups & raids. What that skill should be I don't know, just that it should be useful whether playing solo or in a group, unique, and something that groups find useful enough to bring her along.

Also I do like the drone you designed, The JT could build one of those if all her build skills are maxed, nearly from scratch. She'll need the help of a TT, PT, or PE to build the shield, but she could build everything else involved with her build skills maxed and the apropriate recipes. She could also do so from ores if there aren't any non-manu comps involved in those builds.

Edited by Terrell

YES, I'd love to see some Level 8 Projectiles like the Silver Hammer For the JSeeker. But I'm affraid if I did that

for my first attempt everyone would think the Radiation from my beams has taken its toll. :)

Thank the PS for Call Forward !

But really please compare the Stats and the buffs are they really

out of wack, I am a JD and JS so subconsiencely I may be Bias but

its not intentional.

Thanks for the Civilized input all.

Phorlaug..

I think that the Silver Hammer was an ok PL while it did better damage than any other PL a JW could use (a JE or JT cannot use as it's Warrior Only) it did only Energy or Impact damage. Energy weapons constitute all the useful beams made by Nishido, except the Defender's Pride and most of our PLs can do Impact damage. Like the Ninja's Shuriken & Ninja's Tetsu-Bishi San, the Silver Hammer had more DPS than the L9 Pitbull Sr (when the Pitt and the PLs are all 200% quality, and the PLs are using PM ammo) and all 3 PLs have somthing that the Pitt doesn't have, buffs. I would be quite okay with a L8 Nishido PL that did sligthly less DPS than the Ninja's Shuriken, with only 1 buff, so long as it did 3 types of damage (Impact, Chem, & Plasma). The one buff would have to be something a PL using JE/JT/JW finds useful, such as PL energy conserve, or PL range boost (Jens can debuff Plasma, JE can also debuff Impact if he has a Chili-Popper). The Ammo would probably need to have an ABC part in it's construction, since the Shuriken ammo has the Athanor Immortal Shell Casing which was made from Brood Oil (Brood Oil dropped from the Ostarae/Mbonae type mobs in VG, in Live, and could also be mined).

Edited by Terrell

One of the other reasons I'm proposing these or PL's in general is that

It would be nice to have another Damage type other than just Energy,

Plasma and EMP.

Chemical, Explosive and Impact would be a nice added offensive bonus

To both the JE and JSeeker. The trick is to make the new items desired

and a good alternative for a secondary skill but not insanely Powerful

but still able to complement their skills.

As I was playing yesterday and contemplating doing a Call forward on one

of my Jenquai's, I had a thought. (OH Nooos! :o )

Projectiles are fun that I have no doubt. So what do we think about the

JSeekers main Weapons skill being PL's ? (Beams=level 8, Projectiles= Level 9)

Masaaki's Vengeance IX :)

I'm not thinking of a very powerful class but of how fun it would be to play a

JE or JS.

Currently I'm too into playing the game then to post the Devices or Beams right now

and i'm @ work.

I think that the Silver Hammer was an ok PL while it did better damage than any other PL a JW could use (a JE or JT cannot use as it's Warrior Only) it did only Energy or Impact damage. Energy weapons constitute all the useful beams made by Nishido, except the Defender's Pride and most of our PLs can do Impact damage. Like the Ninja's Shuriken & Ninja's Tetsu-Bishi San, the Silver Hammer had more DPS than the L9 Pitbull Sr (when the Pitt and the PLs are all 200% quality, and the PLs are using PM ammo) and all 3 PLs have somthing that the Pitt doesn't have, buffs. I would be quite okay with a L8 Nishido PL that did sligthly less DPS than the Ninja's Shuriken, with only 1 buff, so long as it did 3 types of damage (Impact, Chem, & Plasma).

The one buff would have to be something a PL using JE/JT/JW finds useful, such as PL energy conserve, or PL range boost (Jens can debuff Plasma, JE can also debuff Impact if he has a Chili-Popper).

The Ammo would probably need to have an ABC part in it's construction, since the Shuriken ammo has the Athanor Immortal Shell Casing which was made from Brood Oil (Brood Oil dropped from the Ostarae/Mbonae type mobs in VG, in Live, and could also be mined).

Very nice, I agree with the build. Nice research or memory. :)

Phorlaug..

Edited by Phorlaug

One of the other reasons I'm proposing these or PL's in general is that

It would be nice to have another Damage type other than just Energy,

Plasma and EMP.

Chemical, Explosive and Impact would be a nice added offensive bonus

To both the JE and JSeeker. The trick is to make the new items desired

and a good alternative for a secondary skill but not insanely Powerful

but still able to complement their skills.

As I was playing yesterday and contemplating doing a Call forward on one

of my Jenquai's, I had a thought. (OH Nooos! :o )

Projectiles are fun that I have no doubt. So what do we think about the

JSeekers main Weapons skill being PL's ? (Beams=level 8, Projectiles= Level 9)

Masaaki's Vengeance IX :D

I'm not thinking of a very powerful class but of how fun it would be to play a

JE or JS.

Currently I'm too into playing the game then to post the Devices or Beams right now

and i'm @ work.

Very nice, I agree with the build. Nice research or memory. :)

Phorlaug..

It was a bit of both.

JT gets Beam 9 and Projectile 8. JE gets same as JT, while JW also gets ML 8 in addition to Beam 9, and Projectile 8. The biggest issue is that there is little to no in-race support for secondary weapons, like handling buffs, range buffs, damage buffs, and since most PL buffs are on equipment that's restricted from Jenquai use, it's going to require some pretty specific loadouts for PL use on a Jen. You basically must have a Heart Of The Dark One reactor if you're running PLs on a Jenquai (Beam/Projectile range boost, 40% Turbo Beam/Projectile), Omnescience or 5th Vector are viable alternatives that's basically it (All are non-manu). Terrans and Progen can use more out of race equipment to buff secondary weapons than Jenquai can. Model X,Y,Z shield can buff Missiles for anyone that can use MLs and are manufacturable, High end Scale shields buff beams, are usable by all races, and are manufacturable. TW can use some Progen equipment with PL buffs on it.

From a Jenquai perspective:

Beams:

Advantages:

Buffs fairly common

Level 9 beams

Combat Cloak bonus (though in emulator Cloaking gets interrupted WAY more than live)

No Ammo Costs

Disadvantages:

Reduced damage when used beyond 50% range, damage at maximum range halved

Limited plasma choices (except for Defender's Pride all are out of race)

2 sets of beams required, one for Energy the other Plasma due to mob resistances

Limited energy debuffers available to Jenquai (except JT)

Buffs on Energy beams more useful to a miner than the buffs on Plasma beams, but orefields often guarded by energy immune mobs like Manes. (JE Only)

Only 2 useful types of damage from beams Energy & Plasma, PLs/MLs have at least 3.

Projectiles:

Advantages:

No range penalties on DPS

Vendor available Plasma Weapon (Ninja's Shuriken & Ammo)

More useful damage types than beams. (Impact, Chem, Plasma, and in rare cases Energy & Explosive)

JE/JT can deal Explosive damage only from DigiApogee Prototype PL (Found only in hulks in Live).

Compliments the yet to be fixed Fold Space skill, better than beams due beams' penalties on range. (Fold Kiting)

Disadvantages:

No L9

Leveled by overdings (Requires 28 post 150 levels)

Few pieces of equipment that are useful to buff PLs (really only 1 good one & 2 viable alternates)

Ammo Costs

I do think the lack of support can be fixed by more equipment choices, but since that weapon only goes to L8 on Jenquai, rather than L9 such equipment should not impose additional penalties on PL using Jenquai. I don't think a Seeker will use a high sig engine in combat, regardless of it's buffs, if she cares about her own survival, same with anything that lowers her reactor performance, JE would feel the same.

I think most of a JE and JT's equipment should revolve around their support role, but I do think that a JE should be able to win 1 on 1 fights with orefield guardians or avoid fighting them, (JE should be better at avoiding fights, Scout/PE better at winning them) and a JT should be able to go to high level hunting grounds and fight non-raid mobs there 1 on 1, with some effectiveness, but a Warrior or a Progen should be better at it than her. Equipment made around this concept I think is a good thing.

• 1 month later...

love the effort you put into those, all you need is a backstory for them or a mission. They look good.

Here You go Tienbau.

I worked this in with another community memebers idea (Easter Eggs)<---Click

This Mission / Quest is for the Tonfa Projectile Launcher<---Click

Merjanchat1.jpg

Merjan..

Yes, <CLASS> what is it I can do for you?

I found this damaged weapon barrel and it seems to have your name on it.

---------------------------------------------

Merjan..

Damaged weapon? Nope not mine. Let me examine it.

come back in a little while after a take a look.

done

=======================================

Merjan

Yes <Name> what can I do for you?

Reply.

Well what did you find out about that damaged weapon.

----------------------------------------

Merjan.

Oh That weapon.

A few months ago I asked Massaki to come up with a better way to

protect myself on my travels. But someone or something attacked

the transport and the item was lost, untill you found it.

Reply.

Well can it be repaired?

-----------------------------------------

Merjan.

How should I know, i'm not a Machanic or a warrior.

Take the weapon to Massaki see what he can do with it.

Reply.

1) ok. "New mission excepted"

2) No thanks, I'd rather have some credits

Reward.

2) 2500 credits, 2000 trade xp, 2000 explore xp

Masaaki1.jpg

Massaki.

Ah, you have arrived. I trust you wish to learn about projectiles.

Reply.

1) No just looking around.

2) Yes! can you teach me ?

3) Merjan sent me to have you look at something.

Massaki.

Ah interesting that transport carring this has been missing for

weeks now. But I have just sent another to its intended destination.

Well thanks for bringing this to me what can I do for your services.

Reply.

1) You can repair the weapon for my troubles and give it to me.

2) You can teach me to build the Projectile launcher. (Class restricted talk tree)

3) I could use some credits for my time.

(1 & 2) You go get me the parts: Proton Impact Barrel, Proton Load

Master and a Vortex Ready-fire III and its yours.

Reward.

1) recieve 1 New 100% Tonfa Ichi (Level 3)

5000 Explore XP, 5000 Trade XP

2) Weapons build for the Tonfa Ichi (Level 3) now acheived (Class restricted talk tree)

5000 Explore XP, 5000 Trade XP

3) 10,000 credits and 5,000 Trade xp and 5,000 explore xp

Note: Repete for all Levels of the PL

FIN

Man I don't envy the DEV's that have to dream up the new content. LOL

Phorlaug...

Edited by Phorlaug

• 2 months later...

Have there been any new items made in and for the EMU?

I'm not talking about anything in this thread, but anything created by

a DEV or Team ?

Are there any items planned but not in game yet?

The Data bases, Arsenal and Slayerman's seem to have some new items

in them and I have come accross a few I have never seen before in

game.

Has anyone come accross an item they have never seen before in the

EMU ?

Please post it here.

We need to hype the Game up a bit. ;)

Phorlaug...

• 1 month later...

Man we could use a item or two with the JSeeker reactor Buff Increased Skill. I'm using it more and more and it seems a little Underpowered IMO :(

Also another device or 3 with Device Energy Conservation, the only item there is and not in game yet is the L8 Engine Reinforced Solar Sail

Phorlaug..