I Want Your Input! The New LaunchNet7

but is it possible to sort of simplify it so we can choose from our login accounts from a drop down menu in the net7 launcher and the login name and password are already keyed in for us at Megan? Maybe even auto connect us at that point so that even though we still go through her its all automated.

It is possible we could do that, but for the amount of time needed to invest in working that out it's not worth someone's while. It'd take a lot of work debugging the client and just a couple of hours of staring at Ollydbg does your head in.

As to Ad's - we aren't big enough to dictate which adverts we could run; we'd inevitably end up with some distasteful ones. I'd prefer not to do this for several other reasons too. I really would not like to see those corny 'Get naughty dating' (or whatever they are) adverts like Vuze has ended up with on our launcher.

I'd like to suggest adding links to the EnB Config and Net-7 Config files.

Seems people sometimes have a tough time locating those files. Links would Rawk!

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming (see what I did there) :lol:

We can do this, but I'm actually going to integrate a bunch of that config functionality into the launcher itself. Btw, I love your avatar. (needed to be said)

I've seen too many people ask what was the Patch or fix, A quick

explanation of what that patch/fix was would be good. (Besides TB's exp)

Do away with the CMD/DOS box/prompt thingy that we see running on the desktop

unless its really useful for the average player in someway.

(let it run in the back ground so we can't see it)

Would it be a sin to add an IRC box to check for the option in to use in chat

or is that considered Client alterations? (Set it to the chat options General,

Local, Market, IRC. etc etc.

I know this shouldn't be necessary but, Player incentive TO PLAY and to

Donate to the project would be good. Like a player getting a New print or

Item placed into their list, inventory or a NPC to kill/see for the Item (F-7).

Phorlaug.....

1) That's something I'd like to add, but it's kind of out of my department.

2) Already going to do that.

3) Can't do that, sorry.

4) Yes, I think it would be nice for donors to get something special, we just need to do it in a nice, legal way.

but is it possible to sort of simplify it so we can choose from our login accounts from a drop down menu in the net7 launcher and the login name and password are already keyed in for us at Megan? Maybe even auto connect us at that point so that even though we still go through her its all automated.

I think we can at least set the username for you, but don't quote me on that. I'll have to consult the Oracle for this.

my personal opinion for people donating is to have something that's nice, possibly convenient but something that doesn't give an edge in terms of gaming.

Things like: access to special decals, devices that create funky graphical effects, perhaps a device that creates an extra couple of cargo slots (at the expense of a device slot), additional customisation options like being able to choose the weapon mount positions for any hull level and so on.

• Upvote 1

my personal opinion for people donating is to have something that's nice, possibly convenient but something that doesn't give an edge in terms of gaming.

Things like: access to special decals, devices that create funky graphical effects, perhaps a device that creates an extra couple of cargo slots (at the expense of a device slot), additional customisation options like being able to choose the weapon mount positions for any hull level and so on.

Two words:

PUNKIN CHUCKER!

• Upvote 2

I would like the new launcher to have the option for the TS to get build reactors...

also mouse over help on the various options and checkboxes so people know what they are used for...

I would love an approximate timeline as to what is being implemented. I know you guys cant give concrete deadlines, but I would love to know when new stuff is close to being implemented. =)

Love that you guys are doing this for us. =)

• Upvote 1

This already happens by default on my system..... Having the last user logged in come up that is.

The poster wants to be able to pick the username from a dropdown box in the launcher, so the username they want to log in with is already set up when the client starts. That way if you log in with multiple avatars you only have to type their account names in once.

• Upvote 1

The poster wants to be able to pick the username from a dropdown box in the launcher, so the username they want to log in with is already set up when the client starts. That way if you log in with multiple avatars you only have to type their account names in once.

Got ya :) Sorry I missed that part even I'm not perfect. :)

My personal opinion on donator rewards would simply be unlocking the 'N7' logo for your ship, its not a game breaking change nor something people would feel they 'have' to buy, but displays to other players that they have donated to the project.

As for the launcher, it could be nice to implement IRC into it, as well as the ticketing system as well, so if people are having issues they can contact the GM's and Dev's more easily.

• Upvote 1

Just another suggestion:

Have an events announcement box/list on the launcher,

A V'rix attack on Primus is kind of useful when it is announced. Either while such an event is taking place, or in advance.

That gets another ball rolling, if an event like the attack on Primus occurs could it please be announced on global chat so that unlike a lot of servers during live, people will actually be able to participate :)

Ofcourse the announcements of events could fit in the updates list. But if random events will occur quite often, which is hopefully going to be the case, it will flood the updates list. But this may not be a big deal really...

Even the advert thing sounds a bit fishy.

Some people coming into this for the first time might be disinclined to download something that will spam advertisements -- and there's a risk of losing existing players.

I usually avoid stuff that looks like it contains peer-to-peer, adware or malware on general security principles)

There will not be adverts on the launcher :) I would hate that lol.

• Upvote 1

As for the launcher, it could be nice to implement IRC into it, as well as the ticketing system as well, so if people are having issues they can contact the GM's and Dev's more easily.

The current launcher in the help dropdown menu actualy opens a window to the ticket system.

Aaah, for some reason what you suggested reminds me of "Something Completely Different"

One time use "Drone" to a donor, It'll fight or mine with you ONCE untill dead or

you leave a sector, log off, dock or get Incompacitated.

I still see that Drone manufacturing is in the Build terminal as a tab.

Sorry for off topic.

I had to reply

Phorlaug..

Edited by Phorlaug

I agree, any 'buying power' should only buy decorative stuff - like mentioned before, something like the eyeball popper which looks neat but doesn't hurt anything.

On a side note, I really like the idea of a message bar/box with game related announcements. Think of it as a N7 newsbar! (imagine those scrolly bars at the bottom of TVs)

This could be used to repeat news heard at N7 (Mines collapsing) or event news (Manes on the rampage in Aragoth!)

• 5 weeks later...

Could the interface give the option to exclude the enbsizzle (intro) video when updating the client? I usually delete it and every update reinstalls it - big file.

First off Big Thanx to C Del and all the Great Dev teams and GMs Betas all of you ROCK but carefull on adding to much to the Lancher dont what to Fat and Slow

adds can be put EB site maybe need to find Optamizers for the eb for the Game there was some out there when Live was runing Ive looked no luck as og yet

See all ingame WINXP--)

is it possible that when multiboxing instead of having the same process running 3x... client.exe, client.exe, client.exe

can the launcher launch additional sessions with a number for example have the process called client.exe, client1.exe, client2.exe

this way if you have a problem with a certain window you can identify the process...

while I realize this is not totally necessary... you did ask for input :(

Sorry, we can't do that. The title of the window you see is the filename of the client, which really can't be changed. Thanks for the suggestion though; I'll look for a way to make identifying the different clients easier.

Thanks, Azasha.

I actually think that we could legally get away with advertising without much trouble, but I question why we would want to. I'll be using this launcher too every time I want to play the game, and I can't say that I'd like to see ads every time I go to launch the game. I think that we should avoid using advertising as a means of fundraising at all if we can. Of course, this could always be very easily added later if we were to get to the point where we needed the extra cash, but I think it's best avoided for now.

I like a lot of the ideas here. I will probably be making the launcher persist after launch, but only in a limited fashion. I'll be making net7proxy's output show up in a window within the launcher instead of as a separate window, but the main window of the launcher itself will most likely be hidden.

Tyran's messaging idea is cool, but it would be pretty difficult to implement unfortunately. If we do set up a system like that, it'll be at the very least a few months down the road. However, as to the clock, I could integrate a UTC clock into the launcher if you'd like, and you can use the /time command I wrote in-game to get the current UTC time.

If someone gets a virus/trojan/keylogger off any of the "ad sites" it could potentially set the emulator up for issues like; 1) a negative connection between the ad and EA which could potentially bring them down on us all if the complaints about it are directed at EA 2) draw the attention of farmers and spammers that will bring the bots/macros/hacks/spam with them.

Business is business, the minute the word "revenue" is used then it becomes income. It also means the emulator is making monetary gains which could bring EA seeing dollars not going in their pocket.

Remember back in live you were able to pay money to get more credits and bonus sp? The extra credits may not be that important to most people but I guarantee the bonus sp anybody could use. Make it scalable, $5 donation gets you 2 bonus sp, $10 gets you 5, etc. Make it a rule that the bonus can only go to one toon so you can avoid the "hey, can you give 3 sp to this guy and 2 to that guy and...."

Perhaps;

1. calculate what sp are needed to max skills, divide them by number of levels and distribute them accordingly as we level?

2. create missions or jobs at level 150 to give us a choice to do them for as much sp up to max sp or not?

There are already suggestions in the thread about giving donators special things so I won't repeat it here.