Do you like this game? are you glad its back?

111 members have voted

1. 1. My thoughts are...

• I am so glad these folks work on there own time to bring back this game
    • This game sucks... I'm going some were else
    • I wish they would fix problems.
  2. 2. In the future

• I hope to play this game for a long time
    • It's a nice stop on my way to something else
  3. 3. What I have done to help

• given the best suggestions i can give
    • Donated money to the project
    • Helped with programming info
    • Tried to crash the server nightly so the devs can fix it
    • Nothing
  4. 4. The Devs are...

• Doing a great job
    • Could do better
    • so-so
  5. 5. The GM's..

• Great folks that are doing great work
    • Bad people
    • Are people I don't care one way or another about

I just want to say I am appreciative this game is back, also I dig the fact that the current crew is trying to expand on what EnB used to be.

I am so happy that I have and will continue to donate to the project.

These folks are living there own lives and doing this stuff on the side. I love that fact.

Its mostly for the love of the game.

So everyone evolved... Thank you!

* Poll edited by Dakynos

• Upvote 3

I'm glad that the game is back as well, missed it when it was gone. I do think that there are things that need fixing, and things where the emulator has improved over live. So I will probably play as long as there is an emulator to play.

)i guess my point of view is a little different.

i never even heard of earth and beyond untill about 2 years ago.

my wifes brother( Milohorn) told me about this game he was playing and i should try it.i was playing another mmo(last chaos) and was totally involved it that game as well as my guild(i even became guild master of a 100+guild) :P

after his continous nagging , i downloaded enb during s/t 2

within a week or 2 i gave up on my other game(too much grind) and played enb as the main game. im sure we all play other games as well but enb may be the main you like ;)

i soon noticed a community devoted to helping each other out! no overcharging for item/services! no takeing advantage of new players that did not know any better! no selling usless items for millions of credits that noobies had to grind out for hours. i found this most refreshing and interesting.

am i glad enb is back? yes but all you veterans know something i dont. you know the pain of loseing this game as i am still enjoying finding it.

i am totally impressed by the fact that there are ppl out,there spending their own free time , working on makeing this all better for everyone of us to enjoy.

are there still issues and work to be done? sure but im in no hurry. when the ppl who are makeing this all happen run out of things to do, it will be done. untill then theres no complaint from me.

as far as what i have done to help make it all happen,not much :P i am not a coder,developer, or anything. im just a player. i have reported some bug/issues i have experienced but usually they know about them allready. :D

i suspect i will be playing enb for as long as its up and running( or untill i get banned for lame jokes)

ok ive rambled enough :)

thank you to all who make this a fun and a most enjoyable game and community

so happy that enb is doin as well as it is... the only hard part is to not let it take over my life ;)

my wife has all ready said it is taking my life over ...... again :)

My first contact with the game was in a teaser trailer (the opening movie) included in the Battlefield 1942 game disc, years ago. I was expecting a great game. Well, the game was never released in my country (even WoW wasn't released). But I didn't expected that the game was going to last just 2 years. I tought, well, if it was so bad received by the usa people, it can be a bad game, but I was going to try anyway. I know that almost every mmorpg out there eventually get its "private" servers.

So the time has passed. My first contact with the game was with this site. And my surprise is that the game is superb. I'm loving it. I'm not into mmorpgs, but this game is so cool. The sci-fi mood is the best. So I want to play for a long time. The guys here are doing a great job. It's good to know that there is people who like this game so much to bring it back. I couldn't help yet, I'm here just for some time (some days, I think) but I will.

So, that's it! =)

I beta tested E&B back in the day. I played all the way up to the last day the server was up. I was online when I was forced off when the server shut down. :) I had years of great memories in E&B and I am SO GLAD and thankful its back. After E&B shut down, I had nowhere to go. I was an internet refuge! Reluctantly I went to other MMOs looking for a new home. I ended up playing WWII Online, Planetside, EVE online, World of Warcraft, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Vendetta online, Lord of the Rings online, Star Wars Galaxies, the list goes on.

I liked many of them, but never found them to be my home as E&B was. I miss my Founders Federation tags, but you will never hear me complain about this Emu. I remember live, and this Emu is BETTER! Not only is it more complete and seems more stable(Used to play on 56k), but the community here from the players to the Devs seem 100 times more helpful, nice, and enthusiastic about the game. This Emu is better then the original E&B do to the fact that it has something that many games don't.

Its a game put together by gamers, for gamers.

I cried when the game was killed. Even when I was kicked off the last day, I couldn't believe it was gone.

Thank you guys so much for bringing it back to life! I'm disabled and have some programming/scripting/vr building experience, debugging experience (I'm an OCD coder/proofreader...I once completely cleaned up the SPHERE UO item database code and made it error-free), plus a lot of free time. *grin*

Please let me know if I can help.

Does it count that I've only seen 2 GMs that have really helped Publicly?

Then a other acting very ignorant, and not helping anything, but the flood my chat with uselessness. I don't use New Players Chat, no one helps new players there and usually whining over very simple things. Which doesn't help really unless on forums.

Only time I've seen New Players chat, is on father's character. Always the same stuff. Course if they ask on General chat. They'll usually get a tell or a answer or two, unless it's one of those, no one really knows besides devs. (See Item Drops, some)

Personally I hate polls, they are usually set opinions. Opinions of others are usually, not exactly yes or no. True or False. So forth.

To answer the question of the Title, unlike others did.

Yes, I'm happy it's back. Game is alright overall. (Can't say I love it, cause I'm a Player vs Player such a FPS games) It's a relaxing game to come to, with a nice community (usually).

New Players chat is like Trade Chat on WoW sometimes, not as bad cause people get removed quickly on the Emu due to small player base, and itchy remove fingers. I enjoy people complaining about in Market that they aren't talking about buying/selling etc. Though overall. If you REALLY need help. Market is your best bet hands down, maybe outside of forums. It's sad, but true.

(Note Before you read next line, I do make feedback. Sometimes little things, it's feedback. I personally could not care less if things aren't fixed instantly, unless some super major dumb bug.)

People seem to cry about the most littlest things, or do stupid things.

Somebody was asking for 16CL~ ish mobs. (They are terrible to find, and farm. I hate 12-18 so much, 18-24 isn't as bad, but still annoying. Everything else is fine to me)

People just called the person lazy. This is New Players mind you, I happened to be mining for EL with his miner.

I didn't pay much attention due to fact, when I see blue. I ignore it.

I kind of felt bad when going back and reading it, I mean how hard would it to be tell someone. I mean course there IS stuff, but there IS a community. You waste persons time, by telling them they are lazy. When you could of just suggested a spot and been done with it. Then of course other people 'join' in on picking on a NEW PLAYER usually in NEW PLAYERS chat. Course, if a GM is on. >.> I don't see anything said to people playing bullies. Though if they are lightly chatting, WITH NO ONE posting anything in Market, besides maybe once every 15mins. GMs/Devs will instantly try to push them into a chat no-one ever uses. (See OOC Chat)

Community is fine for most part though, I just get annoyed in MMORPGS more then FPSs due to, I stomp people in FPSs, so do others. Where as in a MMORPG you usually help each other instead of trying to murder each other. Heck, even in FPSs people are helpful for most part.

Bolded the TL;DR part of post.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Somebody was asking for 16CL~ ish mobs. (They are terrible to find, and farm. I hate 12-18 so much, 18-24 isn't as bad, but still annoying. Everything else is fine to me)

I know its a little off topic from the original purpose of the thread, but I felt it necessary to agree with this portion of Heirku's comment. On my PP I spent more time trying to get from lvl 3 proj (cl12) to lvl 4 proj (cl18) than any other level. Going from 4 to 5 (cl24) took quite a while too, though not as bad, and then going from 5 to 6 (cl30) was probably almost as fast as going from 1 to 2 (which has a lot to do with the fact that it is pretty easy to find 30 something mobs around that lvl 5 proj and shield recharge can take down pretty easily and pick up 8k combat xp with each kill). And I'm already half-way through going from 6 to 7 (cl36) and it seems like I haven't been on it that long.

Does it count that I've only seen 2 GMs that have really helped Publicly?

Then a other acting very ignorant, and not helping anything, but the flood my chat with uselessness. I don't use New Players Chat, no one helps new players there and usually whining over very simple things. Which doesn't help really unless on forums.

Only time I've seen New Players chat, is on father's character. Always the same stuff. Course if they ask on General chat. They'll usually get a tell or a answer or two, unless it's one of those, no one really knows besides devs. (See Item Drops, some)

Personally I hate polls, they are usually set opinions. Opinions of others are usually, not exactly yes or no. True or False. So forth.

To answer the question of the Title, unlike others did.

Yes, I'm happy it's back. Game is alright overall. (Can't say I love it, cause I'm a Player vs Player such a FPS games) It's a relaxing game to come to, with a nice community (usually).

New Players chat is like Trade Chat on WoW sometimes, not as bad cause people get removed quickly on the Emu due to small player base, and itchy remove fingers. I enjoy people complaining about in Market that they aren't talking about buying/selling etc. Though overall. If you REALLY need help. Market is your best bet hands down, maybe outside of forums. It's sad, but true.

(Note Before you read next line, I do make feedback. Sometimes little things, it's feedback. I personally could not care less if things aren't fixed instantly, unless some super major dumb bug.)

People seem to cry about the most littlest things, or do stupid things.

People just called the person lazy. This is New Players mind you, I happened to be mining for EL with his miner.

I didn't pay much attention due to fact, when I see blue. I ignore it.

I kind of felt bad when going back and reading it, I mean how hard would it to be tell someone. I mean course there IS stuff, but there IS a community. You waste persons time, by telling them they are lazy. When you could of just suggested a spot and been done with it. Then of course other people 'join' in on picking on a NEW PLAYER usually in NEW PLAYERS chat. Course, if a GM is on. >.> I don't see anything said to people playing bullies. Though if they are lightly chatting, WITH NO ONE posting anything in Market, besides maybe once every 15mins. GMs/Devs will instantly try to push them into a chat no-one ever uses. (See OOC Chat)

Community is fine for most part though, I just get annoyed in MMORPGS more then FPSs due to, I stomp people in FPSs, so do others. Where as in a MMORPG you usually help each other instead of trying to murder each other. Heck, even in FPSs people are helpful for most part.

Bolded the TL;DR part of post.

I have never seen a GM act inappropriately, but were one to, just report them. We have chat logs for that kind of thing. They really don't have time to answer questions and the like in-game. They're job is really to answer support tickets, so they can use what time they have most efficiently. The ones who go in and talk to players are going above and beyond their duties, and such GM-player interaction is extremely uncommon in the MMO world.

I really haven't seen the problem with New Players that you're talking about. When I'm on, I do my best to help everyone in new players and it seems like others do as well. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by people being removed quickly; there are only three banned players.

In summary, if there's a problem, please report it. We want to have a happy community, but we can't help if we aren't seeing what's going on.

P.S. Yes, I totally agree about CL12-18 mobs.

I have never seen a GM act inappropriately, but were one to, just report them. We have chat logs for that kind of thing. They really don't have time to answer questions and the like in-game. They're job is really to answer support tickets, so they can use what time they have most efficiently. The ones who go in and talk to players are going above and beyond their duties, and such GM-player interaction is extremely uncommon in the MMO world.

I really haven't seen the problem with New Players that you're talking about. When I'm on, I do my best to help everyone in new players and it seems like others do as well. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by people being removed quickly; there are only three banned players.

In summary, if there's a problem, please report it. We want to have a happy community, but we can't help if we aren't seeing what's going on.

P.S. Yes, I totally agree about CL12-18 mobs.

Removed as in real trolling, or just asked to not say stuff etc in it.(Warnings) Where are in WoW or other major games, they usually stay in there. They don't have to be suspended or anything. Removed in this term means it stops in one way or another. I'll use WoW as a example again, I was in a guild that pretty much removed us from Public Chats/Forums. Unless it was a non-troll response or we were selling something in trade and such forth. I guess I could of used a word like condoned or something. Removed, was just the first word that came to mind.

I'm glad others agree about 12-18. Should be some 15-16CL mobs put some more places in lower areas. (Tip, I like the Nommus at Cygni 61, at Nommus Point. 12,18s, easily farmed on my JD with level3 200% beams, they aren't bad at all. Watch them get nerfed for me saying that though. : P)

Edited by Heirku

Modified the poll to allow for a wider range of answers.

lol Dakynos, I like your changes. "What I have done to help : 'nothing'"

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The poll could have used multiple answers instead of 1 choice. I have donated money (small amount, but still a donation), I have sent logs to the devs to help track down some problems, and I have made the best suggestions I can, as well as trying to bring the server down (hey, it is a stress test).

My limited net access doesn't allow me to play very often, but I hope to someday get "real" (ie cable instead of mobile broadband) internet back in the house. I suppose the mobile broadband is ok, faster than dialup, but I live on the edge of the service area, and the signal strength varies considerable some days.

I can still play a bit, since the game was originally designed for dialup speeds, even though the emu generally requires a more stable connection.

I am VERY glad to have EnB back.

Hmm, finally took the time to generate my sigs. lol

Edited by Gobblu

It's funny you mention that you use mobile broadband. I was just using my iPhone tethered to my laptop to play this past afternoon and I was surprised how well it worked, especially being that I was in a poor service area (pretty much anywhere with AT&T) and going 75 mph down an interstate. This tells me that our connection system is by far more stable than in the past, a testament to the work of our valiant server devs.