Unable to Login

I was attempting to log in today. I made a new account and a level 1 Terran Warrior (Rodatoo). I logged out to change the video settings.

Now when I try to log in ENB crashes to desktop. There's no error in the launcher proxy window, and no EnB error. Not sure what is happening,

but its affecting both of my accounts (Rodalorn and Rodatoo).

Forgot to mention, I'm running Windows Vista home premium with administrator

rights for net-7 proxy.

In LaunchNet7, go into the "Launcher" menu (top left corner) and click "Reset Updates" and click OK to check for updates. It will go through your client and see if any files are corrupt and replace them, and it may fix your problem. If it doesn't, go to your "client.exe" (inside the Earth & Beyond\release\ folder) and change the compatibility mode it's running in to another value, Windows 2000 or Windows 98, for example.

Unfortunately, I'm having the same issue. This is my first time installing and running the application. I have attempted what you suggested, both the reset updates, and both win2k and 98 compatibility on the client.exe. Same issue every time. If I enter my password incorrectly, it knows and tells me to try again. If I enter it correctly, drop to desktop. Any other ideas? I'm also running Win Vista Home Premium (64-bit in my case)

Edited:

Ok. Well, I tried everything again. Rebooted. Still no luck, then lo and behold, changed the compatibility mode on client.exe again this time back to win2k and now I'm in. Yay for Windows :)

Edited by Leto_V

resetting the updates seems to have worked, the problem is though, every time i want to run EnB I have to

reset the updates, and then download and update again. Its getting really frustrating.

Edited by Rodalorn

I see you set N7 in admin mode, but did you give e&b.exe (the client rather than the proxy) the same rights?

Actually you want to give .\release\client.exe the admin permissions. e&b.exe is the old patcher or rather, the old launcher, gpatch is the patcher that is part of e&b.exe

yes, client.exe has admin permission. I also have tried it in compatibility mode for Windows XP sp2, Windows 2003, and vista with no luck. I uninstalled the client, and then when I tried to reinstall it, it wouldn't open a browser for the key, so I had to install it under windows xp. The latest problem is that the patcher keeps redirecting from the client's folder (C:\EnB\Release\) to E:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Earth and Beyond\release and then trying to download the entire game through the patcher. Still no luck resolving the original login problem, but it does seem to only occur when running vista, I didn't have the same problem in XP or 2000 SP 3.

I'm having the same problem. Crashes to the desktop when I enter my username and password.

I'm running Win 7 64bit pro. Working my way through compatibility options to see if anything works. If it does, I'll post here.

Just to make sure that I'm doing this right (newbie to win7), I'm setting the compatibility options on the E&B icon on the desktop itself, not through the Net7 launcher. Net7 seems to be running fine, but I'm in the process of resting he updates to see if that helps.

I'm having the same problem. Crashes to the desktop when I enter my username and password.

I'm running Win 7 64bit pro. Working my way through compatibility options to see if anything works. If it does, I'll post here.

Just to make sure that I'm doing this right (newbie to win7), I'm setting the compatibility options on the E&B icon on the desktop itself, not through the Net7 launcher. Net7 seems to be running fine, but I'm in the process of resting he updates to see if that helps.

You need to set it on the actual client program, called "client.exe". If you installed to the default directory, it will be located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe".