Build list for noobs

Would it be possible for someone to come up with a build list for new builders. Its seems quite obvious to me that a certain race at a certain level always wants to use the same engine (with some exceptions).

I want to get into building weapons and I don't know at L3 exactly what ML's a Terran uses, Beams a Jen uses, Projectile a Progen uses.......but it seems to be common knowledge.

It would be a great help if someone listed what each race uses at each level for weapon, engine, shield and reactor then I would be able to see where they drop and go find them. I realize there are always some exceptions, but a basic guide would be a huge help. This would allow me to help out newer players.

Thanks in advance

Would it be possible for someone to come up with a build list for new builders. Its seems quite obvious to me that a certain race at a certain level always wants to use the same engine (with some exceptions).

I want to get into building weapons and I don't know at L3 exactly what ML's a Terran uses, Beams a Jen uses, Projectile a Progen uses.......but it seems to be common knowledge.

It would be a great help if someone listed what each race uses at each level for weapon, engine, shield and reactor then I would be able to see where they drop and go find them. I realize there are always some exceptions, but a basic guide would be a huge help. This would allow me to help out newer players.

Thanks in advance

For Jenquai toons expect the following reactors to be in demand:

L2-3, Gallina

L4-L6 Draco

L7-L9 Cygnus

The Lion line of beams are somewhat popular for L5-L7 on Jen toons.

Progen proj

2 - xbow

3 - xbow or bayonet

4 - xbow or bayonet

5 - rifle

6 - rifle or mortar

thats as far as I am right now, I think people still stick with the rifle/mortar at lvl 7, but the higher levels you start getting into bile cannons, spitters, etc, and I'm sure someone has more expertise on that than I do to comment on it intelligently.

I build quite a few progen reactors and shields at lower levels, lvl 2-5 most people go with Nero, but there are some that like the Titus, that is lvl 3-6. Those are for battle. You will also get a lot of requests for the Kraken (2-5) or Unicorn (5-8) for doing trade runs.

Shields, I get a lot of requests for the Waterloo (3-6) and the Falkirk (2-5). I've just started getting into the higher end shields and most progens seem to like the Normandy (6-9).

Edited by Grendwal

Also for Jenquai toons, Coma and Chimaera devices of all levels. Manticore line of devices for Seekers. When the Mordana are added, Defender's Doumaru, Veiled Oyoroi, and Sharim Prototype for L8 Shields. Jens also like the Scale line of shields. Sculptor devices for JEs, Miner devices for PEs, Scout can use either. Other Mordana loot that should be printed includes, but not limited to: Defender's Pride L9 Plasma beam, Ghost's Edge L9 Energy beam, Vulture (PE only).

• 3 years later...

Other beams that Jenquai like:

L8 & L9 Pitbulls, (for those Jenquai that don't have access to something better)

L9 Made to Live for JE & JT.  (JW restricted)

L9 Devastating Gaze (Not an easy print to get, and will be a comparatively rare build due to parts required)

JTs would like the Quasar line of devices, most are vendor, but the L7 is non-vendor.  It drops in Ishuan near one of the moons last I checked.

L8 Ruby Disruptor.  (The 40% turbo buff on this beam, makes it a good beam, for any Jenquai who cannot get a DG, GoD, or another L9 beam with the same buff, for whatever reason)

• 4 months later...

Should a player get trade far ahead so they can build past their combat/device level? Or try and keep them closer balanced and rely on players to build for me?

also is there a place other than the database that gives part location in the build recipe rather than having to click on each item like the database makes us do?

• 3 months later...