Hate Thread: AT&T and the iPhone Preorder Debacle.

Your Wireless Carrier  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What wireless carrier do you use?

• AT&T (Cingular)
    • Verizon
    • Sprint / Nextel
    • T Mobile
    • Other
  2. 2. Are you satisfied with your wireless service?

• Yes
    • No

I've used Verizon,At&t,Cingular,Prepaid (net10) and Revol (local company with unlimited minutes) . Currently using my 5 year old Razor that's connected to Revol . Unlimited minutes local and long distance for 25 bucks a month is just too much to pass up . Yes you get dropped calls and sometimes have spotty coverage but when you can just call someone back and it doesn't cost anything extra is ok for me. Verizon has always had the best coverage of all cell service providers. The prepaid was nice as long as you don't want to talk very much and even if you don't use the minutes you still have a set amount of days to use them or your service disconnects. I'll take my spotty coverage over a huge bill or having to sign a 2 year contract ( Revol doesn't have contracts) .

Jarod, I got my Evo 4g in. I rooted it. Added WiFi Tethering. I am loving this thing. By far, the nicest phone i've owned. I'm getting 2mbp download speeds on my laptop connected.

My previous phones were Razr2, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3Gs

Google Goggles is amazing!

I have had T-Mobile: (a few bad coverage spots but over all acceptable) good customer service and employee interaction, resonable cost.

AT&T:Sucky coverage, mediocre customer service,so so plans and contracts..hated it. Switched to...

Cingular:Decent coverage,good customer service,acceptable contracts, most of my family on this system so the free in system calls was the most desired reason to stay....then got bought out by...

AT&T: Ugh..didn't I just escape this hell? once again poor coverage, mediocre service, so so contracts, only stay because of family plan and in system free cell to cell calls.

Have had: Nokia: good solid phone, liked it and intuitive system, battery and all good.

Motorola: shoddy construction, poor reception, bad battery life...got talked into trying a..

Samsung: I thought the motorola was bad? This was craptastic taken to the Nth, all of the motorola flaws with ANTI-intuitive controls :)..had to pull out instructions even to turn the POS on since even that was bassackwards.

Motorola: came with the AT&T plan switchover [(oh crap again?) on both accounts AT&T and phone]..quickly switched over to a..

LG: Trax once again a good solid phone, barring AT&T's poor coverage it does good, first flip phone..like it better than the open face ones, has tones of features I dont use (like the mp3 and blackberry features) just want a phone really..although the camera is nice (even if I can't figure how to upload the photos to computer)only complaint is the battery even at min. settings burns fast (750 mAmp factory) didn't last as long as advertised and was just recently replaced with a (1k mAmp after market) battery that seems to be much better.

Jarod, I got my Evo 4g in. I rooted it. Added WiFi Tethering. I am loving this thing. By far, the nicest phone i've owned. I'm getting 2mbp download speeds on my laptop connected.

My previous phones were Razr2, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3Gs

Google Goggles is amazing!

Yeah, Google Goggles is pretty cool. :)

I'm holding off on rooting mine until 2.2 comes out, just in case there's any issues. I don't need tethering - at this time - but eventually will do that. I'm hoping that when 2.2 comes out it has the support for the Broadcom BCM4329 chipset to enable 802.11N - this device is the only non-N device on my network right now. Still, even at G it runs like a bat out of hell.

Looking at upgrading to a smartphone very soon.

Would love to get an Evo , but am on AT&T with an older style family plan with wifey... basically every other carrier is substantially more expensive just for me alone, to get any smartphone, than for the both of us (upgrade to smartphone included) to stay on AT&T. We have to stay on AT&T... so, that limits any Android choice to the Moto Backflip currently. :/ All reviews point to it kinda sucking.

Tilt2 and one Samsung phone are Win Mobile 6.5 and actually seem pretty good, and come with a stylus & handwriting recognition, which would be a huge bonus for my line of work - pharmacy. Lots of handwritten notes and Windows Journal files I'd love to transfer onto the phone and such... but Win Mobile is notorious for hangs/freezes and needing to be soft-reset once daily, if not more. Bad. I don't want to have to screw with that constantly.

Supposedly the Dell Aero (now out in UK and China) is coming to AT&T soon, and will be an Android phone with stylus and handwriting. No news on when. Every source just says "2nd Quarter" ... well, that's NOW. HTC Aria comes out today, June 20. Interested to see what it's like. Android phone, but 3.2" screen slightly smaller than an iPhone (3.5") or Tilt2 (3.6"), or Evo (4" & some fraction).

Android phones seem cool, but some say they take a lot of tinkering to get working well for your taste, but with the advantage of being very customizable, and thus very functional. Sometimes, I like to tinker or fiddle, like with mod'ing games, but honestly with work, I don't want to dink around and tinker, I just want it to friggin work & be simple.

I may just walk into an AT&T store June 24 and get an iPhone that day in person. Haven't decided yet.

Looking at upgrading to a smartphone very soon.

Would love to get an Evo , but am on AT&T with an older style family plan with wifey... basically every other carrier is substantially more expensive just for me alone, to get any smartphone, than for the both of us (upgrade to smartphone included) to stay on AT&T. We have to stay on AT&T... so, that limits any Android choice to the Moto Backflip currently. :/ All reviews point to it kinda sucking.

Tilt2 and one Samsung phone are Win Mobile 6.5 and actually seem pretty good, and come with a stylus & handwriting recognition, which would be a huge bonus for my line of work - pharmacy. Lots of handwritten notes and Windows Journal files I'd love to transfer onto the phone and such... but Win Mobile is notorious for hangs/freezes and needing to be soft-reset once daily, if not more. Bad. I don't want to have to screw with that constantly.

Supposedly the Dell Aero (now out in UK and China) is coming to AT&T soon, and will be an Android phone with stylus and handwriting. No news on when. Every source just says "2nd Quarter" ... well, that's NOW. HTC Aria comes out today, June 20. Interested to see what it's like. Android phone, but 3.2" screen slightly smaller than an iPhone (3.5") or Tilt2 (3.6"), or Evo (4" & some fraction).

Android phones seem cool, but some say they take a lot of tinkering to get working well for your taste, but with the advantage of being very customizable, and thus very functional. Sometimes, I like to tinker or fiddle, like with mod'ing games, but honestly with work, I don't want to dink around and tinker, I just want it to friggin work & be simple.

I may just walk into an AT&T store June 24 and get an iPhone that day in person. Haven't decided yet.

Well, if you're going to stay with AT&T, an iPhone isn't a bad choice. As much as AT&T pissed me off, I still love my iPhone, and the iPhone 4 addresses many of the concerns most people have about the current models. The only thing that remains, in my mind, to be a real pain in the ass is Apple's unwillingness to allow open app development.

Well, if you're going to stay with AT&T, an iPhone isn't a bad choice. As much as AT&T pissed me off, I still love my iPhone, and the iPhone 4 addresses many of the concerns most people have about the current models. The only thing that remains, in my mind, to be a real pain in the ass is Apple's unwillingness to allow open app development.

+1

Just upgraded my Razr to HTC Droid Encredible.........OMG, lol. Bought the extended 2150ma battery, & use majicjack for home service. Droid costs extra $30 month, but I recoup majority of that from not paying a monthly home phone bill.

I pre-ordered and still waited in line for 4 hours and 36 min. Something needs to changed with that. It was horrible. I think next time ill have it sent to my house.

I pre-ordered and still waited in line for 4 hours and 36 min. Something needs to changed with that. It was horrible. I think next time ill have it sent to my house.

Heh. That's the thing: the reason I didn't end up getting one is that I didn't want to settle for an in-store reservation. So it seems like you either wait four and a half hours in line, or you don't get it. It's what I think is termed "teh suck".