Repair quality skill

The terminal that costs credits to repair is quite hard to balance but I don't think it would be impossible. This is just a suggestion, I do not have the exact numbers:

- Each level should have increasing costs (duh).

- It should work for both manuf and non-manuf.

- Items should be separated between something like very rare/rare/common with escalating costs. Eg: Smiter's wrath, Intent for the resolute=very rare, Sting of the Mordana, Eye of the Fang Fiend=rare, Zet ML, Defender's pride=common

- For say L9 equipment work out how much a L150 toon earns per hour in straight up farming and selling to the vendor.

- Make 1% quality improvement equal farming profits of 8 hours for very rare, 4 hours for rare, and 30 mins for common equipment. (just an example!)

The idea for common equipment is that at most a few % quality loss can be repaired cost effectively, but beyond say 5% a rebuild would be wiser.

For rare and very rare equipment quality loss takes many hours of farming to make up for.

• Upvote 3

It would remove the only real risk you ever had from being incapacitated...

And it would mess up the rebuild business...

This is a pretty severe game-changing suggestion...

not really because we are not talking about fixing the item a few percentage points. it adds another dimension to the game. I brought up this point towards the beginning of the post. so in short I already addressed this.

I am pretty sure if you put it to a game wide vote most people would be for it.

-------------

As far as the rest, since we can not use the terminal to do this, and we are thinking to use the skill the same way call forward works, lets use the ores in the game that are now useless, make it cost something yes but use ores you need to collect to start this process.

this is my suggestion

• Upvote 1

The terminal that costs credits to repair is quite hard to balance but I don't think it would be impossible. This is just a suggestion, I do not have the exact numbers:

- Items should be separated between something like very rare/rare/common with escalating costs. Eg: Smiter's wrath, Intent for the resolute=very rare, Sting of the Mordana, Eye of the Fang Fiend=rare, Zet ML, Defender's pride=common

- For say L9 equipment work out how much a L150 toon earns per hour in straight up farming and selling to the vendor.

- Make 1% quality improvement equal farming profits of 8 hours for very rare, 4 hours for rare, and 30 mins for common equipment. (just an example!)

The idea for common equipment is that at most a few % quality loss can be repaired cost effectively, but beyond say 5% a rebuild would be wiser.

For rare and very rare equipment quality loss takes many hours of farming to make up for.

This is the only way I'd support a repair quality option.

This makes sense in my opinion. Probably the best option.

Yeah something like this, I see no problem in making it a HUGE money sink which will add a dimension to the game but also make rebuilds (if possible) a much more sensible option.

My suggestions on top of yours would be:

- maximum repair to 100% quality or the quality you bought/made the item at no matter what. (so if you loot a 89% item you can repair to 100%, if you manufacture a 188% item you can repair to 188%, a 200% item can be repaired to 200% etc.)

- Have the terminal only repair one percent per click (so if you have a 50% item and want it 100% you have to click, and therefore pay an increasing amount, 50 times).

- Have it so you can only repair items you can use yourself.

- Have the base cost based on player level (i.e. a lvl 1 player base repair cost is much lower than a lvl 150 player base cost).

- Have your very-rare/rare/common be modifiers in the cost calculation, so very-rare multiplies by 3, rare by 2 common by 1.

- Have item level be a modifier in cost calculation, so a level 1 item multiplies by 1 a lvl 9 by 9 (lower level items should be better understood and therefore cheaper to repair).

- Have the percentage your trying to repair to be a modifier in the cost calculation, so trying to repair from 50% to 51% would multiply the cost by 51, 98% to 99% would multiply the cost by 99.

To give you an overall calculation of:

<player-level-base-cost> x <rare-modifier> x <item-level> x <percent-to-repair-to> = cost for 1% repair

I'll give an example, and for the sake of it lets say a lvl 10 player base cost is 100. If a lvl 10 player wants to repair a lvl 2 'rare' item from 98% to 100%.

The first time they clicked it would be:

100 x 2 x 2 x 99 = 39,600 credits

And the second to take it too 100%:

100 x 2 x 2 x 100 = 40,000 credits

Costing a lvl 10 overall: 79,600 credits for a 98% to 100% repair of a level 2 'rare' item.

Edited by DaveOMac

I still think it should only be for non-manu items. I suppose some items that have hard to replace componants, like the DG, could have either a tag that allows it to be repaired, although I'd rather have it so that some componants, like the lens in a DG are garenteed to be returned from a player made item. I still think it may be possable to make a terminal to do it.

• Upvote 4