Ground Combat/Starbase Combat

Ryken i challenge you to combat in the Jenqui Dance club!

A Dance off

I've actually not been able to access it in the stress test but i'm going to keep trying then YOUR MINE

Disco !

heh

Nothing to be sorry about - I'm glad to hear it!

You could at least not spit on peoples suggestions.

I have half a mind you're the one giving me all my negatives.

Regardless, we started talking about a different method of allowing ground combat than client modification, one that uses emotes and other things.

You should read the whole thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ryken i challenge you to combat in the Jenqui Dance club!

A Dance off

I've actually not been able to access it in the stress test but i'm going to keep trying then YOUR MINE

Disco !

heh

Pretty much any Jenquai station that has a long hallway off to the side of the Vendors has one. It's easier to find the disco room if you back up to the wall. Then if you're in the right place you can see the path to the disco room behind your toon. You'll know it when you see it.

You could at least not spit on peoples suggestions.

I have half a mind you're the one giving me all my negatives.

Regardless, we started talking about a different method of allowing ground combat than client modification, one that uses emotes and other things.

You should read the whole thread.

You are awfully sensitive. I didn't say a single negative thing about your idea - how could that possibly be called spitting on your suggestions? Really, if anyone so much as dares to disagree with anything you say you take it very personally and then lash out.

Pretty much any Jenquai station that has a long hallway off to the side of the Vendors has one. It's easier to find the disco room if you back up to the wall. Then if you're in the right place you can see the path to the disco room behind your toon. You'll know it when you see it.

In Live I knew only Jove's and Fenris - there are others?

Our guild took group "photos" together in the Disco - was great fun.

You are awfully sensitive. I didn't say a single negative thing about your idea - how could that possibly be called spitting on your suggestions? Really, if anyone so much as dares to disagree with anything you say you take it very personally and then lash out.

I'm only defensive because you come into a suggestion thread and go "I'm glad you can't do this, it's fine."

Don't celebrate the denial of someones suggestion, man. That's all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

In Live I knew only Jove's and Fenris - there are others?

Our guild took group "photos" together in the Disco - was great fun.

Yes, Paren Station has one, I think there are other ones as well. Will have to check to be sure.

I'm only defensive because you come into a suggestion thread and go "I'm glad you can't do this, it's fine."

Don't celebrate the denial of someones suggestion, man. That's all.

First of all - that's not even an accurate quote AND you've assumed that the quote you made up was directed at you (yes, honestly, the world doesn't revolve around you - please don't take that as spitting on your ideas either). I WAS responding to C Del who had apologized - and I was saying no need to apologize. Somehow something not even directed at you became about you. I've sensed a continuing pattern here and I'm sure you'll be happy to know I'll just stay out of future conversations initiated by you as it's clear you don't solicit discussion anyway but rather universal concurrence and support (and, man, is an Internet forum the wrong place to need that). Good luck to you.

• Downvote 2

First of all - that's not even an accurate quote AND you've assumed that the quote you made up was directed at you (yes, honestly, the world doesn't revolve around you - please don't take that as spitting on your ideas either). I WAS responding to C Del who had apologized - and I was saying no need to apologize. Somehow something not even directed at you became about you. I've sensed a continuing pattern here and I'm sure you'll be happy to know I'll just stay out of future conversations initiated by you as it's clear you don't solicit discussion anyway but rather universal concurrence and support (and, man, is an Internet forum the wrong place to need that). Good luck to you.

Just relax man, I value your opinion as much as anyone elses. I just don't appreciate the first post you make, having nothing to do with the topic, being "Don't apologize, it's fine, I'm happy about not having this feature thats being suggested"

Can you see at all how that may irk someone?

• Upvote 1

I'll just pipe in on the 'viewing other player's ships' thing -

I can take a look to see if we can send other player's ships in the docking bay. It *may* be possible to display a couple more ships, especially in the larger Progen docking areas if the client is amenable. Otherwise the only other way of doing it I can think of is either to show other players coming into the docking area, and have them vanish when they get near your hull or a command to cycle through player ships. Might be fun later on when there aren't pressing matters.

Getting back to station combat, you can always use Cdel's random number generator and D&D combat rules! I'm not sure what happens to the loser though. During one of the old tests we found it was possible to display a character outside of the normal bounds, so it would be possible to 'space' someone through the docking airlock.

I like the dance-off idea too, although you'd need a panel of judges, calling up Guildsman Cowell, Dai'shao Minogue and Tribune Osbourne ...

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Alright you two - settle down (but it looks like you already have :))

I also like the idea of seeing other player ships... then you really could just sit and watch the ships dock..

Also, I imagine a battle being like this:

Judo judo

back flip

threaten, judo

pirouette, pirouette, back flip

drunk

:)

Aye, they did have katanas, and with good reason. ;) Other class characters had guns in hip or leg holsters. Originally (in alpha and early beta), pvp combat in stations and on the ground was planned for EnB. Player character models had a mount point for a weapon, and animations for combat type moves. I don't know for certain, but I have a hunch there may still be some code remaining (maybe only in the alpha files) inside the client for this stuff. It may be incomplete, though.

Our best chance to have ground/station combat with EnB is by mod'ing C&C:Renegade. It's the same game engine, the same 3D models and graphics files, and fairly easy to mod. That's how I think most of the mod'ers here have learned most of EnB mod'ing - from the Renegade mod'ers.

Ships in the station - it is much easier to just put a race-class appropriate ship model in the station (according to faction ownership) on the other side. That can be done now, with current knowledge of the game & mod'ing it.

(Similar to what Suri said tho, we can't really change the .exe files, and EA hasn't released the source code yet, so we're very limited on what we can do.)

Edited by Ghent