Everything JE Guide

PDF File

www.earthandbeyond.ca/community/coolstuff/jeguide.pdf

I take no credit for this guide, It was written by Spektyr during ENB live before sunset.

Best for JE, but there's a bit of useful Jenquai info and some useful Mining info in it as well. A great read for JE, but still good to look at for JD, JS, TS, PS.

• 8 months later...

I actually wrote a bunch of guides for E&B back in the day. This was by far the most popular (and, in my opinion, best written) but I'm not sure if that's why it seems to be the only one still circulating on the net.

I may be able to dig the others up but I make no promises to whether they're still terribly applicable.

Yes, I am that Spektyr.

Found a better (newer) version of the guide. This version was the last one I did. I'm also attaching all the other E&B guides I did. I'm pretty sure I had a JW guide but it never got finished for publication and the PW guide I was doing was in development and didn't get finished iirc.

They didn't want to upload in the order I told them to, so there's no really rhyme or reason to the order.

Oh, and just to be absolutely clear, I have no clue how well they apply to the current state of the game. If they help, great. If not, it's a free 8 year old guide.

EB_JenquaiExplorer.pdf

Comprehensive Ores-Table.pdf

Ores by Asteroid.pdf

EB_Powerleveling.pdf

EB_TerranTradesman.pdf

EB_TerranEnforcer.pdf

EB_JenquaiExplorer.pdf

Comprehensive Ores-Table.pdf

Ores by Asteroid.pdf

EB_Powerleveling.pdf

EB_TerranTradesman.pdf

EB_TerranEnforcer.pdf

Glad I could help. I've been really enjoying being able to play again. I consider the guides public domain now so you can publish them however you like. I've also got the Atlas and the Credits Guide that I can't upload due to size restrictions.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Spektyr' timestamp='1298562963' post='35076']
Glad I could help. I've been really enjoying being able to play again. I consider the guides public domain now so you can publish them however you like. I've also got the Atlas and the Credits Guide that I can't upload due to size restrictions.
[/quote]

You can upload it to a free filehost like mediafire, and then just post the link. Mediafire is actually pretty good. 100mb maximum filesize, but unlimited downloads.

I'd actually really like to take a look at your atlas. I've been using random map printouts that I found online, but I'd love to have a cohesive atlas.

Spektyr, could I ask a favour?

Can you clarify the tactics of the use of shield leech on the JE? This is referring to how it was balanced on the live server, where the restriction was on how often you could leech from a mob, rather than the cooldown delay of the actual skill itself.

I also remember having to keep the usage of leech to a critical point in the combat for it to be effective.

• 3 weeks later...
I remember it was a 2 minute timer per mob. So if there were three mobs you could SL each mob as fast as the skill recharged, but only SL any particular mob once every 2 minutes, and that also counted for other JE's. So when I'd group with another JE we would figure out who had the best SL and that was who did all the shield leeching.

The way I used it was pretty simple. Against simple mobs (no shield recharge or something that required special attention) I'd usually fire SL from combat cloak, letting it drop the cloak and activate the beam damage boost. Activate beams, wait for mob to die, rinse and repeat. Against the tougher stuff I would try to time it so that when SL hit it would take off nearly all the remaining shields.

The problem a JE would face against a tough shield recharging mechanical mob was that by the time we'd cracked through their shields and started to do some hull damage they'd just start recharging their shields and ours would be nearly toast. I would strip the last of the shields with SL to jump all the way past the trigger point where the mob would activate shield recharge, and time it so SL hit right before my next beam shot. That combination would take a chunk out of the hull before the shield recharge could go off. I would then fold the enemy away or otherwise evade combat until the SL timer wore off, then CC and re-initiate combat.

Against the bigger nastier things it would take awhile to be sure, but if you just needed that one 'roid guard eliminated so you could mine it was certainly nice to be able to do it yourself.

[quote name='Ghinn' timestamp='1300162395' post='36592']
You can upload it to a free filehost like mediafire, and then just post the link. Mediafire is actually pretty good. 100mb maximum filesize, but unlimited downloads.

I'd actually really like to take a look at your atlas. I've been using random map printouts that I found online, but I'd love to have a cohesive atlas.
[/quote]

I'd much rather have the files hosted under Net-7's direct control so no future hiccups make them unavailable to the community.

• 1 year later...
Spektyr....most excellent job on the guides. I used them in live and searched them out again when I began playing emulator. They're all still out there...and still relevant and excellent. Edited by drjeff

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

There does not appear to be a Rada beyond L5. Is there a different device that will do plasma debuff (JE usable)?

You can use the Chimaera line of devices for any Jenquai toon, it runs from L3-L9.

• 10 years later...
On 2/20/2011 at 8:55 AM, Spektyr said:

Found a better (newer) version of the guide. This version was the last one I did. I'm also attaching all the other E&B guides I did. I'm pretty sure I had a JW guide but it never got finished for publication and the PW guide I was doing was in development and didn't get finished iirc.

They didn't want to upload in the order I told them to, so there's no really rhyme or reason to the order.

Oh, and just to be absolutely clear, I have no clue how well they apply to the current state of the game. If they help, great. If not, it's a free 8 year old guide.

EB_JenquaiExplorer.pdf 469.6 kB · 455 downloads

Comprehensive Ores-Table.pdf 128.55 kB · 224 downloads

Ores by Asteroid.pdf 114.97 kB · 213 downloads

EB_Powerleveling.pdf 189.11 kB · 298 downloads

EB_TerranTradesman.pdf 511.2 kB · 217 downloads

EB_TerranEnforcer.pdf 464.76 kB · 195 downloads

EB_JenquaiExplorer.pdf 469.6 kB · 455 downloads

Comprehensive Ores-Table.pdf 128.55 kB · 224 downloads

Ores by Asteroid.pdf 114.97 kB · 213 downloads

EB_Powerleveling.pdf 189.11 kB · 298 downloads

EB_TerranTradesman.pdf 511.2 kB · 217 downloads

EB_TerranEnforcer.pdf 464.76 kB · 195 downloads

Sorry for necro, but has anyone a copy of those guides?