Issues getting started

Hello, I found this site earlier today and thought it looked like a lot of fun. I'm having problems getting the game going though. I'll get to the problem in just a minutes, but I want to go over what I've done so far to get to it. Just so it's known I'm using Windows 7 professional 64bit.

First I registered for the forum and activated it in my email. Then I registered on the Net-7 site and activated that in my email. I downloaded the client through the link in the Net-7 Faq and installed it. The only thing that wasn't default was the file location (I have more room on a second hard drive). Then I downloaded the patcher, pointed it to the location I installed the game, this seemed to work just fine. Then I downloaded and installed the net-7 launcher, this installed fine as well.

Then issues started coming up. The launcher wouldn't find the server. I went into windows settings and added both the client.exe and the Net-7 launcher to the files allowed to communicate online. This let the patcher find the server and start to update. It updated, but then wouldn't connect. I restarted the program and it updated again, told me the game server was online, I hit play and then got a black command promt box that errored out and wouldn't connect. A pop-up box came up with an error, and hitting ok made the whole thing go back to desktop. Here's a screenshot of both the command prompt box and the pop up box that shows up when it won't connect. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

errors.png

Try adding C:\Net7\bin\net7proxy.exe (replacing C: with whatever drive letter you installed to) to the list of firewall exceptions like you did with LaunchNet7 and client.exe. Also, if more than one IP address is listed in the "Local IP" dropdown box in the launcher, try connecting using each one.