JE missing artifact

In the JE starting missions I'm pretty sure you get some sort of artifact that is used for a later mission. It is something like 'ancient artifact' or 'alien artifact', its been to long to remember the exact name.

When doing my missions for my JE some time back (before missions became selectable and still done in order) I did not receive the artifact (inv was not full at the time). I just figured that was becuase it hadn't been written in yet so didn't think to much on it. But later, was talking to my husband and found out he had received the artifact and started the 2ndary mission to turn it into a device. His JE was started significantly before mine (lv38 vs lv80).

I'm hoping there is a way to somehow get the artifact? I'd like to do the quest to turn it into an device, I think I remember it being quite handy from live.

Acct: allia2

Char: Mikka

Edited by Raptorred

It was called a strange object, and it should show up during your mission to learn prospect. I think it's the first rock that you mine, it should blow up, and give you the strange object. I don't think that the mission is fully implemented to go with it as of yet. I remember bringing it to Ayako Ravenlock on Paren Station after doing my JE training, at least in ST3, maybe in ST4. But I don't remember there being a use for it afterwards in the stress tests.

I talked with a GM about it last night and he said that there was a follow up quest in game resulting from having the artifact, so the quest is there. I just can not do it because I never got the item. He also said they wouldn't issue me the item until they looked into why I didn't get it so make a post. So I'm just waiting till I can get my device and continue.

Edited by Raptorred

I received the artifact took it to ravenlock then nothing I have talked to every npc i could find and at lvl 150 don't think a aa-bahtu would be a great help. It would be nice to see if the mission was working though.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember receiving anything from the asteroid to prospect but I talked to one of the NPC's in the station in Io and he gave me something to deliver to Ravenlock and then I stopped getting missions. I did not get a device and can't continue with the quest line. I put in a GM request about it and blacklung just said that I'll get more missions at a higher level but I don't think that's the problem. I'm lv 19 in Capella which I think would be high enough.

How can I continue the missions from Ravenlock? In live there was something about getting materials to build keys to go into the shear I thought

Should I just give up hope on ever getting the item for my je? I'm past the point probably now of usability of the device, but I'd still like to test the follow up mission.

Sorry don't remember GM's name, we was SGM I believe. And no I didn't get my device, he told me I couldn't have it until my situation had be investigated.

go into your EnB release folder and there is a file called chat.log the GM's name that you spoke to and conversation will be there

The mission is not currently set up to award the Ancient Artifact, it just awards XP and faction atm, I'll pass this onto the guy that is handling these missions.

there are two artifacts

Strange Object : the thing you found in your hull after the asteroid (explosion). This is a mission item obtained in the Prospect Iron Ore mission. After your training, Shin-tzu Li gives the object back to you so you can take it to Ayako Ravenlock on Paren Station in the Strange Object mission.

AA Bahtu Na Ne : I believe it was this device that you got after you completed the mission line for the strange object. This device is not obtainable at this time because the mission line for it is not complete.

Yup, there was a gap once you handed it in, you had to finish the maelstrom mission, then you got the AA after (as she needed the time to study the device).

Yup, there was a gap once you handed it in, you had to finish the maelstrom mission, then you got the AA after (as she needed the time to study the device).

Yeah, that's right, you had to scan the maelstrom, and be able to make Mazzaroth Keys at the very least. Can't remember if you needed Mondara or universal keys or not. To make a key for the maelstroms, you had to acquire certain ores, and comps, then take them to an NPC on Somerled Station in the Lobby. The comps needed were vendor, the ores were in Kitara's Veil.

The Maelstrom keys were also required to enter the maelstroms.

• 3 weeks later...