Buying Components

Would like to suggest that the 'buy stack' on comps be replaced with a 'buy 10' (both button and shift+click).

As many of you know shit+click at vendor = buy stack.

This works great for ammo, but for components not so much.

Obviously buy comps only comes into play during ammo making, for everything else the buy one is fine. Comps stack to 240, but most people do not make up/buy that much ammo at once. Normally 30-50 stacks made at once isn't so bad (especially if your a job unable to make your own). Clicking the 'buy one' 30-50 times per comp which you need 3-5 of is a heck of a lot of clicking. If there was buy ten feature, click 3-5 times per comp and your ready to go. Plus, if it was 'buy 10' instead of 'buy stack' would be easier to recover from accidental 'buy stack' clicks. Would only have 10 of an unwanted comp with minor cash loss instead of 240 and a lot of money gone. Only reason I could see for someone wanting a 'buy stack' in regards to making ammo is if its an endgame gun and you know you'll be around for using that many ammo stacks. Most of the endgamers I know don't buy that much at a time due to the money costs of endgame ammo comps.

I don't know how hard it would be to have a 'buy 10' instead of a 'buy stack' feature, but I really think its something we should consider for making building easier. I realize that this would be low priority suggestion as its not game hindering the way its working now, but saving someone 30-50 clicks seems like it'd be worth looking into.

This is a great idea...i had been wondering the same thing..

However, i could be wrong, but i believe that a new "buy-10" button can't be added, as that would be changing the client, which can't be done?

yeah that damn buy stack button sux when your buying the more expensive items as it can cost you a bundle... in live it wasnt so bad cuz there was a large player base so you could usually make stuff and recoupe your credits pretty quick... especially if the misclicks were on ammo comps... I dont think it would be hard to make each shift click only buy 10 instead of 240 ... sounds like server side?

I'm pretty sure the shift+click shortcut is part of the client. The only way you could buy 10 at once would be if the stack size itself was 10; the client can only send "buy 1" and "buy stack" messages.

I came back on to say pretty much that ^ lol...

So the only way it could really be done is by changing the stack size (I'm assuming, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Perhaps the stack sizes could be revised to something a little more sensible? Say 50, or 100? 240 is just insane, lol

How about a /slash command instead then?

Something along the lines of /buy # "item name".

This would allow even more control over how many bought as you could type in an exact number. (Ex /buy 12 "K3 Chemical Pack")

Of coarse the command would only be available when you had the right merchant open. So you couldn't buy lv5 parts while in joves or while staring at the trade good dealer.

I came back on to say pretty much that ^ lol...

So the only way it could really be done is by changing the stack size (I'm assuming, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Perhaps the stack sizes could be revised to something a little more sensible? Say 50, or 100? 240 is just insane, lol

The problem with changing the stack size (and you will regret it when you get to cl50)is does anyone want to use up that much vault space or have to keep travelling across the Universe to get the comps they need, personally I say leave the stack sizes alone and dont use the shift+click option and just pay attention to what you are doing. The other reason to leave it as is, if you change this then are you going to change the way you make components at the build terminal, when I make ammo comps I have to hit the button how every many of the comps I need one at a time, so whats the difference.

• Upvote 2

Hi

Could we lower the size of the component stacks? Yes of course we could!

However, I would like to point out that in Live the stack size was smaller and the EA Devs were petitioned to increase the size to 240 or higher by the players for exactly the reasons Rossdie outlined.

So, for now the stack size will not change on comps. I'm not going through a couple of thousand items and changing the stack size to 10, 20,30, 50 or any other amount, then have to change it again later when everyone complains about how much vault space is taken up by comps and could we please increase the stack size.

As far as I can tell the client supports buying a single comp or a stack. If you want 10 ( I know it is a great imposition :P ) you will have to click the mouse 10 times.

Riia

I'm all for the 240 stack size, I'm just talking about limiting the buy stack to a more usable number.

Yes I realize if you want 10 you just have to click 10 times, but the problem comes when you want 50 or 60. Then your clicking 50 or 60 times per comp. The reason I am suggesting 'buy 10' isn't for the low number use... its for people who only want the middle range... between 50-200. I realize this would inconvenience people that actually want a whole stack, but it'd only be 24 clicks as opposed to the 50+ clicks someone not wanting a full stack would do.

Essentially the buy stack only has one purpose: people who build their own ammo and know they are going to keep that ammo type a LOOOONG time (aka endgame gun).

People who would benefit from a 'buy 10' are those lving up or unable to make their own ammo. In one situation you can't hold 240 stacks of ammo. You could buy stack and just have it built as you needed, but if your going to have to go through the trouble of finding a builder anyways might as well save yourself 3-4 inv spaces and wait till your planning on using them to buy. In the other case, it normally take 240 ammo stacks to grow out of your current gun and into something with different ammo. So is no point in buying a whole stack when most of it will go to waste.

The real question is how many clicks until it becomes annoying I suppose. 10 clicks for 4 different comps ok. But I don't make up batches of ammo in less then 60 stacks at my current lv. Its ten trades worth and doesn't flood the vault and normally gives me a nice long hunt period before having to restock. 60 clicks for 4 different comps is a heck of a lot of clicking. Yes I could just buy a stack, but I don't see the point when I'm about to grow out of my gun and change ammo types. If I just did 10 at a time that's be even worse of a pain though having to fly from my hunting spot to the station that has the comp lvs I need every 10 stacks.

I just feel a 'buy 10' would benefit more people than a 'buy stack' yet not inconvenience people who really want a stack.