Sounds.ini

I've been looking all throughout the sounds.ini file looking for a certain sound, so I can change the volume lower or off, but haven't been able to find the listing for the sound I'm trying to alter (been altering several at a time, then logging on and testing - no luck)

The sound is in the targeting interface

Target an asteroid, click within the targeting interface to change the display from a picture to a text description of what is in the asteroid. The text description, as it's quickly texted onto the interface display, has a rapid 4 or 5 sharp clicks (almost a cricket sound)

I HATE this sound, especially when looking through several asteroids in rapid order looking for a certain ore.

If anyone knows the name of that sound in the sounds.ini file - PLEASE inform me.

Spydercat

Actually I don't use that option when mining.

I just clear the whole field with whatever is in it.

And when I'm close enough I press the "hammer" button to see whats in it before i deplete it anyways.

Hey.

Been checking off and on all week, but haven't made to time to post a reply.

Did you have any luck finding it C Del? If not, does anyone know a good freeware program for decompiling the .mix files (into sound files)? So I can decompile some of them and look for the name of the sound myself.

Later

Sorry, I've been a bit busy lately. Here is a package of two files which will enable you to extract all the sound mixfiles:

unmix.zip

To use it, extract it to the mixfiles folder and run "Unmix.bat".

I'm not really sure what sound was used for the interface element you're referring to, although I think it's one of the "click" sounds. If, by chance, you happen to find it, you can change it's volume in sounds.ini or you can disable it by simply deleting it from sounds.ini.

unmix.zip

Sorry, I've been a bit busy lately. Here is a package of two files which will enable you to extract all the sound mixfiles:

unmix.zip

To use it, extract it to the mixfiles folder and run "Unmix.bat".

I'm not really sure what sound was used for the interface element you're referring to, although I think it's one of the "click" sounds. If, by chance, you happen to find it, you can change it's volume in sounds.ini or you can disable it by simply deleting it from sounds.ini.

Thanks C Del. I'm having a bit of a busy week myself. Probally won't be able to hunt for that sound until the weekend. I had already figured out how to fix it, it's finding the right name in a list of hundreds when you don't know what the right name is... that's the hard part.

Now I just have to decompile and then listen to several hundred sounds, until I find the one I'm looking for, going be an interesting couple of hours. <grins>

Later