Temporary Missions

I for one, totally appreciate being able to play this game, but have noticed, along with many other players, that the terran devs arent really around too much right now, and the terran class is at an extreme disadvantage compared to the other 2. Now, we all know that progens can obtain the BB gun from another player building it for them, or by obtaining the print from a missiom. Jenpie do not have to ga that far to get their 30% damage increase, but terrans are left in the dark. Only a TE can obtain any type of weapon damage increase, that being from the Dragons Rage launcher, which gives a whopping 4% compared to the 30% jenpie and progen get. So I am hoping that enough people agree, and the other classes devs decide to compensate for the terran devs not being available to work on something like this, and put a temporary mission into play, making it extremely hard is definitely ok, so that terrans can obtain their hellbore and get their missile damage increase. So, instead of everyone deciding to put their two cents in on me and their "issues" with me, do wat is right and simply agree or disagree that terrans should be able to acquire the same damage increase buffs as the other classes.

• Downvote 1

/agreed.

With Kuei Station a non-factor for however long, I'd be willing to write mission trees for a Hellbore blueprint.

I'd love to also develop out the TS to have a greater depth of scope for her hull upgrades other than to talk twice to that Executive McGrumpyface woman at Earth Station (Executive Cailleach MacKellan).

Homeboy, I dunno about the "issues" part of things you mentioned, because you have always been cool with me ingame... but I do agree with either having a mission to get a HB or, put the base back in.

Also, putting the base back in would add to some of the higher level content suggested by others. :P

I disagree. The Hellbore appears to be the most powerful weapon a terran can have. That alone tells me there should be a limited number of them in the game or else every terran will have one. Once that happens, the pining for more high level content will start, and then the perceived need for an even more powerful weapon. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Want a Hellbore? Find 20-30 of your closest friends, form a raid, and try to make it through the toughest encounter the devs can come up with. Maybe you'll get lucky, maybe you won't. That's one of the things that made Live so enjoyable.

Nillus

"If everyone is uber, no one is uber."

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I disagree. The Hellbore appears to be the most powerful weapon a terran can have. That alone tells me there should be a limited number of them in the game or else every terran will have one. Once that happens, the pining for more high level content will start, and then the perceived need for an even more powerful weapon. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Want a Hellbore? Find 20-30 of your closest friends, form a raid, and try to make it through the toughest encounter the devs can come up with. Maybe you'll get lucky, maybe you won't. That's one of the things that made Live so enjoyable.

Nillus

"If everyone is uber, no one is uber."

To repeat the oft-quoted and much hated (by some) refrain:

"this ain't live. It's a stress test..."

Having the HB in game, or at least a path to obtain one given that rounding up 20-30 OL150s is not likely to happen anytime soon....

...would be a good means of stress testing end game weapons.

Edited by -Seeker-
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

To repeat the oft-quoted and much hated (by some) refrain:

"this ain't live. It's a stress test..."

Having the HB in game, or at least a path to obtain one given that rounding up 20-30 OL150s is not likely to happen anytime soon....

...would be a good means of stress testing end game weapons.

I still disagree. Giving away Hellbores like candy might uncover functional code defects, there's a slim chance it'll impact the performance of the server. Putting two dozen players in one area, each generating movement, combat, buff, spawn and chat traffic is a much more realistic load/stress test. All this temporary mission would do is add unnecessary complexity to the game by adding yet another talk tree that will have to be developed, tested, and ideally added to a regression test suite. That's a lot of effort for the testing of a single item.

• Upvote 2

the hellbore is one of the best and coolest weapons in the game. I understand terrans want some better weapons, but be reasonable.

how about asking for us to put in a missile drop that isn't as good nor as cool, but gets the job done and makes the terrans happy?

Kenu, I don't think Homeboy's request would saturate the server with HB's, If, the mission was very hard kinda on the same level the base was. Or, put the base back in. wink.gif

I know all Terrans would want one, but not all could get one... the base was really difficult and the drop rate was low. Making a mission of that caliber, or having the base to ruin rd faction limits the number of people who will try.

Baring that, I want a ML with the same buffs/debuffs with vendor sold build parts, and ammo parts. :)

ok in all honesty the hellbore is definitley not a terrans best weapon, I would prefer having a dung flinger myself if you rem those buffs from back in the day, ohhh boyyyyy, but seeing as hellbores are already in game i thought it more viable to ask for that-as it seems today that the RD base is now spawning-i will post here again when i see it with my own eyes and obtain my hellbore

OK one of the Devs (Im not posting his name dont ask he doesn't deserve spam), decided to give some love today and spawned the RD base a "few" times. I think only 3 or 4 hellbores, droppied, I did not get one but did get a viper, singularity mortar, and tractor repulsor beam, which I am willing to trade for a hellbore LOL. He said he would spawn the base at random, and would notify everyone when he does, and not to ask because it will be at random. I say we all give a big round of applause for the chance we have been given whether we obtain one or not!! THANK YOU DEVS it was a great time!

Homeboy the titan's heart offers more like an 18% buff which is still great, and a bullywere eye which now drops can debuff plasma...

I personally think Terrans actually have it the best always because of their speed paired with their 360 degree firing arc...

Yeah I've got some reactor problems that an Intent for the Resolute would do wonders to clear up, and a Hellbore would be cool... but both of these items were exclusive and not super easy to get in live. People that argue about this being a stress test, sure it is but that just means we're testing the server, it doesn't mean ubers should be handed out like candy. But to say Terrans aren't being treated well right now is ridiculous. Terrans in this game have the most versatility when it comes to what they can pull off, just because of kiting and the ability to almost never take damage if you do it right.

The Jenquai just last week got the Devastating Gaze fixed, which only leaves all the great jenquai gear that the mordana dropped in live, and possibly the devs fixing the coma device in the future so it works like live. Also I'd much rather take on asteroid field guardians with a progen or a terran explorer...

When someone told me Kuei station was spawning, I was excited to get my Hellbore. I never participated in any of the gm/dev contests for one because I like the feeling of earning each piece of gear. I headed out to Aragoth Prime and got to see a couple bases drop, but when I found out it was a gm spawning the base, I watched for a bit and then I left. I'll wait until the devs implement the base properly and balance it in a way that is (hopefully) going to require a proper raid to take down.

Edited by Tenkaris
  • Upvote 1