Factions

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree about the general idea of this suggestion

• Yes - factions mecanism should be improved one way or another
    • No - it was perfect in live, make it the same
    • Go back to your mum

Since faction have been reactivated, I feel like sharing my mood about it.

I appreciate faction because it allows to restrict content based on player behaviour.

But I hate what need to be done to change someone faction:

- hunting thousands of low level mobs is boring,

- hunting thousands of high lvel mobs take too long,

- doing jobs is boring (I'm not even sure there are a single person that appreacite that to be honest).

I'm sure there was sugestion of this kind in the past, but here are the solutions I'm thinking about:

- Make faction change scale based on mob level:

o if you kill a highter level mob, you get big positive faction change, and low negative faction change (killing someone harder is a honor)

exemple: if I kill a CL50 RD and I'm CL40, my RD factin should lower a little (1 point), but my faction with others should increase a lot (100 points)

o if you kill a same level mob, make it 5 points more, 5 points less

o if you kill a low level mob, you get big negative change, and no positive change

- Implement mission that give big faction change (like +1000 points and -200), those missions should be limited to once a day (or something like that)

- Add political events, that will change everyone factions

Remark: the numbers above are just for exemples, exact faction changes should be balanced.

Discuss as much as you want, but please please please ... DO IT :)

Edited by Baldhor
  • Upvote 1

Renegade Progen:

Not as intended so is likely to change:

- Internal Progen Faction (Regeme Change)

- Hate Terrans (so will shoot Terrans on Sight)

- Hate Jenquai (so will shoot Jenquai on Sight)

- As Progen you either will side with the existing regeme (Severe -ve Renegade Progen Faction) or side with the Renegade Progens (Severe -ve Centuriata, Collegia and Sabine Faction). It is an internal Progen scion, and the Renegade Progen think the current regeme is weak, they still should be in Jupiter slaughtering the inferior Jenquai and they should be kicking the Terrans back to their corrupt systems.

- The faction did not exist in live, so when initially input has given wrong results.

I just wish there was a way to get +2 RD faction per mob. For example killing Earthcorps gives -2 EC & +1 RD... if some faction or Chavez gave +2 RD it would still take quite a bit of work to get positive, but it would at least cut the time in half :)

I think it was good as it was in live.

What we lack atm are the Vrix, which also gave RD faction (if i rember right), not spoiling homefactions...

So atm there is a component missing for a good build, but im sure we can live with that and things evolve :(

Good work devs, bring back the opportunity to EARN things in this game, like being a pirate ;)

best regards,

Bogota [PirateLords]

We also have RD sponsored jobs at various stations, which makes another means for raising RD, one without a negative faction hit elsewhere. It's slow, but it will work with patience. In Live there were no RD jobs. (IMO this is an improvement for those who want to improve faction with non-playable factions, over Live)

Most stations only gave missions by the faction that owned the station, though there were exceptions like Aragoth Station which gave jobs sponsored by all 6 of the playable factions from Live. They also had L75 and L100 jobs. Given Aragoth Station's location in the Valkyrie Twins, and the destinations from their jobs they were a popular place for players above L75 to do trade jobs. (Destinations available were ECS Dauntless, Detention Center Onorom, and Net-7. all near the Jupiter and ABB wormholes from a JE). N7 also had L100 jobs in Live that were good for the return trip.

Edited by Terrell

We also have RD sponsored jobs at various stations, which makes another means for raising RD, one without a negative faction hit elsewhere. It's slow, but it will work with patience.

the problem with slow work that require patience is the DEVS... they hold the trigger on the next pwipe... so I spend 10 days played jobbing rd faction... which at say 4 hours a day played 7 days a week would be would be 2 months to get rd rep (and doing nothing else)... which is pretty gruesome (although I am just guessing... maybe someone has exact numbers)... so I do all that work just for rep and then bam... wait lemme do that again "BAM!!!" pwipe and all that time is wasted...

I guess my question is how many hours/days of rd jobs are required to get gate rep... and puhlez, I know that you know... you dont put in a job and not know what its gonna do... i hope :(

the problem with slow work that require patience is the DEVS... they hold the trigger on the next pwipe... so I spend 10 days played jobbing rd faction... which at say 4 hours a day played 7 days a week would be would be 2 months to get rd rep (and doing nothing else)... which is pretty gruesome (although I am just guessing... maybe someone has exact numbers)... so I do all that work just for rep and then bam... wait lemme do that again "BAM!!!" pwipe and all that time is wasted...

I guess my question is how many hours/days of rd jobs are required to get gate rep... and puhlez, I know that you know... you dont put in a job and not know what its gonna do... i hope :(

I agree on the issue of Player wipes, and not just w/r/t faction. It's a pain to work chars up to 150 then have to start over, same with build lists. Not sure how many hours or days of RD jobs it will take, I doubt it's a hard number, given that when RD jobs appear at a terminal seems random. Much like it seems random how many jobs appear with each refresh and who sponsors them.

I'm simply glad to have jobs as another option to raise those non-playable factions. Something we didn't have in Live since we just had the 6 factions, plus GC and N7 from jobs. Also, IMO there is still work to be done on jobs in that they're only available, at this time, in select stations and those select stations only have 1 level of job. IMO an addition of missions, some of which would be repeatable, some not, that improved faction with the group that gave them would be nice. I'm pretty sure, but not certain, that most missions in Live awarded faction, in addition to XP, some also awarded items, but they were the exception rather than the rule.

Edit: Noticed that L50 jobs increase faction with the sponsor by 5 points. This may be different for higher level jobs.

Edited by Terrell

Good work devs, bring back the opportunity to EARN things in this game, like being a pirate :(

I have a job in real life to EARN stuff ...

When I'm playing, I'm looking to enjoy not EARN.

That being said, I understand your point here and I agree.

As I said in my first post:

>>I appreciate faction because it allows to restrict content based on player behaviour.

It means that something must be done to unlock that content.

But it should not be painfull.

Clearly killing 6000 mobs to unlock it is seriously too much! Really too much!

I didn't seen the RD jobs yet, it is a good addition, but how many job run are needed to obtain 6000 faction points?

If it is more than 20, it is way too much (20 job runs is really a lot already).

I accept and appreciate the mecanism in regards to factions, but it should be improved to make it worth it, and not be painfull.

In live, there was so many macro to run job and kill low level jobs for you.

It is clearly a proof that it is painfull!

Did you seen any macro to run a fishbowl for you?

To destroy the RD base for you?

My point is that for fun content, there are no macro.

While for painfull content there are macro.

If there are lot of macro for something, it means that it is too painfull and it should be either removed, improved, or propose a "workaround".

Sorry to say but the addition of job (which is also painfull) is not a workaround to hunting 6000 mobs.

Edited by Baldhor

I do think that some of the starting RD factions are excessively negative. In Live everyone started at -5000 RD. Some classes are starting as low as -9000 RD. That's a bit much. Once you got to -1999 RD you could do missions from Tzu (after he moved to Arx Ymir, before then you could get a mission from him to take stuff to Ariad on Antares 1 when Tzu was on F7 even if you were KoS to all RD mobs). Also -1999 meant that the RD mobs would appear as yellow, and leave you alone as long as you didn't bother them. +2000 was required in Live to enter BBW.

Earning it wasn't too bad in Live, IMO, if you were willing to lower your PW faction. There were low level mobs in Primus that gave +2 RD, Mordana, Vrix, & JE per kill, -6 PW, -2 PT/PE/TT. Now that we have jobs, we can balance that against doing job runs to raise faction.

Edited to correct error in faction adjustment.

Edited by Terrell

I hear what you're saying - but not sure what we can do -

getting RD faction should take quite a while and should be something special when it finally comes, but on the other hand, we do need to schedule when the next stress test/beta phase is to start so everyone knows. Rock and hard place really ... that's why the RD gates are open, however how about we faction Queen Anne's so the people who actually got their RD faction have something at least. Does this sound like a fair compromise?

• Upvote 1

Ok, not sure how it was for most of you in "live" but, I know it took me weeks of farming my own faction to gain my RD status. I actually didn't hurt my progen faction because being a PS I could turn in "gene maps" to raise my faction without taking the serious hit of killing so many same faction mobs. I got my RD faction early on when BBW was nothing but some high lvl ore fields, 4 gates and QAR. It was kinda a status symbol to have good RD faction so early on. Made trade runs soooooo much better too :)

I hear what you're saying - but not sure what we can do -

getting RD faction should take quite a while and should be something special when it finally comes, but on the other hand, we do need to schedule when the next stress test/beta phase is to start so everyone knows. Rock and hard place really ... that's why the RD gates are open, however how about we faction Queen Anne's so the people who actually got their RD faction have something at least. Does this sound like a fair compromise?

Not speaking for anyone else, but it sounds fair to me :)

I still think higher level mobs from a faction should come with greater rewards in faction. Make it where there is like a L65 mob that is pretty tough to take down, so it would take a full group to do... and give it a decent respawn rate, and make it give like +50 faction per kill to the whole group when it died.

This would be an interesting and fun way to let players grind faction together and have a little fun doing it. Compared to sitting there idly killing baby mobs one at a time for +1 faction, at least. The faction reward/respawn rate should be calibrated to be at least a little faster faction gain than farming a cloud of low level mobs at +1 each.

Edited by Tenkaris
  • Upvote 1

I do agree that destroying higher-level, more "important" mobs should result in more serious faction adjustments. For example, shooting down Miguel Chavez himself -- wouldn't the Red Dragons really appreciate someone who took down the leader of their hated rivals? Perhaps scale faction adjustment as mob level / 5, with a floor of 1, and certain "boss" mobs having special adjustments. Thus destroying a level 50 Centuriata mob would alter faction by +10 RD, -20 Centuriata.

• Upvote 1

I agree that there should be some incentive to farm higher level mobs for your faction needs, but I also think that saying you play to enjoy, not earn, is a little ridiculous. Just because it's meant to be fun doesn't mean everything should be readily available.

RD faction is a perk, not a requirement to enjoy the game.

I think it should still be difficult to attain and something to balance for the reward of docking and shopping at QAR, and BBW access.

If not, for the ability to say, "I'm not going to kill that RD, they are my friends!"

It's a title, a trophy, a grind. If everyone has it, then what purpose does it serve without additional RD content?

Edited by Sunnyg

Another one that I think should be difficult AND time consuming to get is the old N7 reporter status. I think that should be another faction grind that takes a long long time to complete. BUT, make it so there is no way to advance that grind through combat, restrict it to jobs from the N7 terminals (various levels), and missions given by various N7 employees around the 'verse.

Hello,

I feel rd faction needs to take longer to gain, than how it is now.

E&B is a game, that is soposed to be playable and enjoyable for longer than a 6 month period.

If in 2 months you can have a rd faction'd lvl 150 toon with all the ubers from all the endgame bosses than, the game is going to get boring fast. IMO it should take months for someone to gain rd faction, and no one should be able to solo the endgame stuff. (which anyone including je's can solo now)

Its soposed to be a grind, but its not. It dosent take long farming faction. Honestly every class besides PW, and PP(does pp have multi attack si?) are at a disadvantage when gaining faction. SI = faction farming win!

Atm the fast way to gain faction for tt(funnelweaver+lvl 1 hullpatch), js(shield recharge), pp(shield recharge), ts(hullpatch), is to spam low lvl heals on a PW who is shield inversioning a spawn of npcs for their faction. Everyone else has to shoot.

I suggest, you make RD faction ONLY gainable from one time missions(example: kill miguel), repetable missions(clear out chavez camps) and jobs. However killing rd's would still cause a negative impact agsint your rd faction.

The reasoning behind this is (imo):

The rd's dont like you, so what if your killing your own faction, or their enemies, sure your doing them a favor, but "THEY DONT OWE YOU ANYTHING". Doing missions, and quests, for the RD's gains their trust and shows your loyalty thus opening up bbw and rd content in their sectors...

Anyways thats how i feel about it

Thanks for reading!

Cia

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hello,

I feel rd faction needs to take longer to gain, than how it is now.

E&B is a game, that is soposed to be playable and enjoyable for longer than a 6 month period.

If in 2 months you can have a rd faction'd lvl 150 toon with all the ubers from all the endgame bosses than, the game is going to get boring fast. IMO it should take months for someone to gain rd faction, and no one should be able to solo the endgame stuff. (which anyone including je's can solo now)

Its soposed to be a grind, but its not. It dosent take long farming faction. Honestly every class besides PW, and PP(does pp have multi attack si?) are at a disadvantage when gaining faction. SI = faction farming win!

Atm the fast way to gain faction for tt(funnelweaver+lvl 1 hullpatch), js(shield recharge), pp(shield recharge), ts(hullpatch), is to spam low lvl heals on a PW who is shield inversioning a spawn of npcs for their faction. Everyone else has to shoot.

I suggest, you make RD faction ONLY gainable from one time missions(example: kill miguel), repetable missions(clear out chavez camps) and jobs. However killing rd's would still cause a negative impact agsint your rd faction.

The reasoning behind this is (imo):

The rd's dont like you, so what if your killing your own faction, or their enemies, sure your doing them a favor, but "THEY DONT OWE YOU ANYTHING". Doing missions, and quests, for the RD's gains their trust and shows your loyalty thus opening up bbw and rd content in their sectors...

Anyways thats how i feel about it

Thanks for reading!

Cia

I like the idea of doing missions or quests for faction. Pretty much any quest with a worthwhile reward, apropriate to the difficulty of the quest, is IMO a good thing. I also think that pretty much every NPC that's factioned and offers a quest should reward some faction gain for completion of their quest. Whether or not other factions are affected by this quest should depend, IMO, on the nature of the quest. There should be options for quests that only boost the faction you're trying to gain faction with (without hurting other factions), and quests that boost one faction at the expense of another. The ones that boost one at the expense of another should, IMO, give larger faction adjustments. But it should also be possible to play both sides against the middle.

Edit: Yes PT gets L7 Shield Inversion, as of right now. Also I don't think that faction farming should go away, but more options for raising faction is a good thing.

Also I recently noticed, yesterday, that the trade jobs do NOT increase faction with their sponsors.

Edited by Terrell

I like the idea of doing missions or quests for faction. Pretty much any quest with a worthwhile reward, apropriate to the difficulty of the quest, is IMO a good thing. I also think that pretty much every NPC that's factioned and offers a quest should reward some faction gain for completion of their quest. Whether or not other factions are affected by this quest should depend, IMO, on the nature of the quest. There should be options for quests that only boost the faction you're trying to gain faction with (without hurting other factions), and quests that boost one faction at the expense of another. The ones that boost one at the expense of another should, IMO, give larger faction adjustments. But it should also be possible to play both sides against the middle.

But isn't there currently a problem of a missing middle? (i.e. Vrix, Mordana, etc)

But isn't there currently a problem of a missing middle? (i.e. Vrix, Mordana, etc)

Yes there is a problem of missing factions, but there are animosities among the factions that are in game now. For example PW and RD aren't friends. Renegade Progen and RD aren't friends either. Renegade Progen likely don't care for PW/PE/PT much. So why not say kill Renegade Progen to raise both Progen and RD. Or do jobs for both RD and Progen, while not really caring about Renegade Progen, at least not until there is a benefit to having good Renegade Progen comparable to the benefit of RD faction.

Basically I think that we should have the option to keep our options open (I wish I could word that a little better) even if doing said option required forethought and some planning. But being that a JE isn't a combat class, it's in my interest to get as many forces yellow or green to me as possible. I definitely intend to use any means of faction adjustment to get as many factions into the green as possible. I don't think that one always should have to pick a side on everything, but you should have the option to do so if that suits you.

I liked the way it was in live, just I am not sure the start setting are accurate right now. I agree though that are alot of factions and mobs right now that still need to be implemented as they were in live i.e missing mobs and such. When these are added it will make it a bit easier to get faction.