/random, and scaleable faction

1. What are the chances of having /random x-x re-introduced? I remember in live there was a command /random x-x, and it would generate a random number to make handling loot easier.

2. I don't remember how it was in live, but what do you guys think of scaling the amount of faction you get for a kill relative to the lvl of the mob?

As it stands now, killing a mid-high lvl chavez gives the same faction change (+1) as killing a low lvl mob.

3. I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but are there any plans to open up some of the other high lvl areas? with the bbw gates working properly again, there isn't a whole lot of places for lvl 150's to go play.

Keep up the good work!

1. What are the chances of having /random x-x re-introduced? I remember in live there was a command /random x-x, and it would generate a random number to make handling loot easier.

2. I don't remember how it was in live, but what do you guys think of scaling the amount of faction you get for a kill relative to the lvl of the mob?

As it stands now, killing a mid-high lvl chavez gives the same faction change (+1) as killing a low lvl mob.

3. I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but are there any plans to open up some of the other high lvl areas? with the bbw gates working properly again, there isn't a whole lot of places for lvl 150's to go play.

Keep up the good work!

I am Avani and I approve this message...

1. Will do.

2. Like it.

3. No comment; I'm a noob. :)

I've added the /random command; it should be in within a few days, whenever the next code update on the play server is.

Usage: /random <Min> <Max>
Example: /random 1 10

I've added the /random command; it should be in within a few days, whenever the next code update on the play server is.

Usage: /random <Min> <Max>
Example: /random 1 10

awesome, thanks for the quick reply!

Along the lines of faction:

Any chance that all those nasty faction bugs are fixed,and I can start the Chavez grind-o-matic without fear of the server hiccuping and losing 7,000 hours worth of trash mob farming?

Along the lines of faction:

Any chance that all those nasty faction bugs are fixed,and I can start the Chavez grind-o-matic without fear of the server hiccuping and losing 7,000 hours worth of trash mob farming?

Would be nice to know, noticed that the factions on my JE have been reset.

Would be nice to know, noticed that the factions on my JE have been reset.

As far as we know factions are 100% working and have been for about a month. So until we hear anything to the contrary it's assumed that factions are all good.

I also agree with the faction scaling for bigger mobs, and also we're planning other ways to get RD faction more quickly, but they are still being worked on.

As far as we know factions are 100% working and have been for about a month. So until we hear anything to the contrary it's assumed that factions are all good.

I also agree with the faction scaling for bigger mobs, and also we're planning other ways to get RD faction more quickly, but they are still being worked on.

Thank you. I will have a bunch of toons that need RD faction.

Edit: I noticed that in the list of factions, Glenn Commission, Net-7, Good Earth Trading Company, Free Spacers, & Psionics, are not listed.

Edited by Terrell

Thank you. I will have a bunch of toons that need RD faction.

Edit: I noticed that in the list of factions, Glenn Commission, Net-7, Good Earth Trading Company, Free Spacers, & Psionics, are not listed.

maybe im not recalling this correctly... but I think some factions did not appear until you get some points or did a mission for them or sumtin...

maybe im not recalling this correctly... but I think some factions did not appear until you get some points or did a mission for them or sumtin...

That is true, but I have done jobs for all those factions without them appearing.

I noticed that the /random command is implemented now, thanks for adding it!

if I can make one more suggestion....

Is it possible to have the results visible for all group members to see?

In live it would say something along the lines of

"Sleeman has generated a random #, 8" via local or broadcast, and was in a different color or something to avoid fake messages

Is it possible to make changes along those lines?

Thanks again!