Hi

We looking at moving forward on trade and explore jobs. If anyone has any information on what these jobs consisted of, we would like you to post what you remember here.

We already have

Explore Jobs: Communication satellites and Garbage crates

Trade Jobs: Passengers and Medical Supplies

Riia

Passengers for trade jobs included tourists and diplomats at the very least. I can't remember the dialogue that Tourists gave, but Diplomats were rude in Live (they had something to say when you undocked from whereever you picked them up, and at their destination) Can't remember exact quotes, but it was stuff along the lines of "about time you got me here, I'm never riding with you again" when you landed at the destination (with diplomats). Also trade jobs taken at base X could go 2 different ways.

Where Base X is where you got the job:

1. Take diplomats/tourists from Base X to Base Y

2. Depart base X, go to base Y, pick up passengers, and return them to base X.

Both gave XP, but the second type gave more XP. Trade jobs in Live gave both Trade XP and Explore XP. They gave more trade than explore, but I forget the exact numbers. I think L100 jobs from Aragoth Station to DCO/Dauntless/N7 and back, gave 3K ish in Trade and 2K ish in Explore for a JE or JW.

Jobs also gave faction with their sponsor.

Comm sat, garbage dumps tended to take you places a bit off the nav ways to drop your trash or satellite. Trash drops often were at planets. One of the combat job mobs name was "bot drifter" but I can't remember it's level or anything else about it.

Edited by Terrell

I did a lot of VT/Fenris station runs back in live (stations are nicely right next to each other). Would grab diplomats/tourist from VT station to Fenris then trash back to VT. The trash dumps would normally ask for going to the 'path of fire' navs and ditching into the sun there.

I remember the trash jobs would make your ship emit green clouds of smoke if you sat around to long, and make a green trail behind you if you where thrusting around.

I also remember if you stopped and attacked/where shot at something while you had passengers on board they send panicky messages. Such as 'What's wrong!? We going to die?!'

Also I was pretty sure that trade jobs gave 2ndary combat xp, not explore? Thought it was set up so combat gave 2ndary explore, explore gave 2ndary trade, and trade gave 2ndary combat. I remember it not making since to me in live how a trade job gave you combat, explore would of made more since. But it did make it so there was two ways of getting each type of xp via a job (via the actual job type and the 2ndary bonus type).

I don't believe in live that mobs spawned by combat jobs altered faction hate. (Like if it poped a RD, killing the RD wouldn't result in -RD faction) I'm not 100% about this, I could be mistaken, I just remember being excited about the chance to kill mobs for loot/spoil I normally didn't get to due to 'faction restriction'. Some mobs I remember from combat jobs: Manes, Zenshi (sp? those things in fenris), crystal titan types, and the occasional rouge progen.

Edited by Raptorred

I agree about the panicy messages from passengers if you were attacked or stopped too long. Diplomats would ask, rudely, if you knew where you were going.

Pretty certain that secondary XP from Trade Jobs was Explore, because in Live I used them on both my JE and JW to get EL and TL 50 well before CL 50. At OL75 my CL was around 20 or so, and TL/EL were a little ahead, but at L125 was C25 E50 T50 on my JE. Unless that changed based on race. Trade Jobs were my JE and JW's ticket to keeping Explore and Trade well ahead of combat after aroudn L75 or so.

Edit: Also most bases were not limited to one level of jobs. What level of jobs appeared to you was affected by your overall level. Jobs up to 15 levels over your OL you were eligible for, so those would appear.

Edited by Terrell

One quick thing I'd like to note is that the satellites, tourist, garbage or anything else related to a job mission where not vendor-able. Currently you can sell satellites. I don't know if this is a small compensation for the fact that jobs vanish if you dc/log (they didn't in live) or the fact that they go sometimes broken...but it'd be rather profitable to accept explore jobs, vendor sats, forfeit mission.

i did some of the lowbier-than-VT out of boredom for a short while

vaguely remember weapons systems or weapon crates, drones or repair drones, toxins, waste/sewage and radioactive waste.

sewage is def one of the drop waste things because there was an odd thought going through my head every time when releasing it and seeing steam come off the ship

faintly remember livestock for one of the landable planets but may be confused with a trade run if it even exists

recall grissom planet was one of the lesser frequented dump sites

In grissom space the moon to your left as you enter from shepard had a drop site. liberty bell is name of the moon or nav you drop it near?

nifleheim had a explore job but unsure what exactly

AP and GO had satellite drop spots. Note sure if cooper had a drop spot for satellites or that the satellite navs are what i remember from it. Cooper did have a mission though and that is probably it.

Shepard had a drop spot of sorts, would presume satellite as its a planet

faintly remember one of the trade jobs involved DCO as end point

at least one of the infinitycorp stations had transporting psionics as a job

for the most part the lowbie jobs were a mere fraction of VT at efficiency, and they also sometimes had rediculous location to get to

Edited by Tyran

Some general issues with jobs...

1) When folks drop connection the terminal jobs disappear from the user's log, but their remnants don't disappear. Mobs associated with combat jobs still linger. Explore jobs items remain in the cargo hold.

2) There are still explore jobs that point at navs that aren't targetable by players.

3) Many times explore jobs don't work at all since the nav, when targeted, don't trigger the scan/trash dump icon over the target window. Question... Would the mission have worked if there was a slash command to manually trigger the scan/dump? Or is it a bug with the mission showing up in the log, but not actually being registered on the server as having been "accepted"?

4) Job refresh time seems a bit too long, could this be reduced a little?

faintly remember livestock for one of the landable planets but may be confused with a trade run if it even exists

Lamas! I remeber the Lamas!

Just a suggestion for combat jobs...it wasn't in live. Could request a player to kill x number of certain mobs in zone. Like a Mar's job would say kill 10 captured Kraken at the kraken hunting grounds. A N7 could ask to go kill 15 drazi mothers (sp?) at sat 3 in abb. It'd take advantage of mobs in the area that normally go ignored and give some variety to combat jobs. Just a thought.

Edited by Raptorred

Also on some of the L75 jobs in Margesi there is a job to go to one of the moons that is actually there, NNE of the station. When you warp to that particular moon, you come out of warp too far to deploy your satellite or dump your garbage. At the same time you're too close to warp, and freewarping can act funny. Also Margesi isn't a really good place for all the L75 jobs in the game to be, it's kind of out of the way for anyone whose not a Terran Scout. Arx Ymir in Live also had L50 and L75 trade jobs to Aragoth Station and back, amond other jobs. (don't get rid of the jobs at Margesi, but please add other stations where the same level of jobs can be obtained)

Good information. If anyone could answer the following questions, it would be helpful:

1. In Live, what was the "randomness" of job missions? Did the same jobs to the same locations always spawn, or was there some variance?
  2. On average, for each different type of job, how far (in terms of sector hops) was the destination from the station hosting the job?
  3. Related to #2, was there a high variability in the distance to the destination, or were they all about the same? If there was a variability, were the rewards consummate with the distance? (Were you rewarded more experience and credits for jobs that required more travel time?)
  4. Was there ever a case in which an item was given as a job reward? If so, what?

Thanks for the responses.

At Aragoth Station, the Level 100 Jobs round trip Trade jobs were to one of the following locations and back. Detention Center Onorom, ECS Dauntless, and Net 7. You would depart Aragoth Station, go to one of those 3 locations, make your pick up, and when you returned to Aragoth Station, you would get paid XP, (Trade & Explore) and Faction. N7 also had round trip L100 Trade jobs to Aragoth Station. (I can't remember if there were any to Cherenevog or Fenris Prime Observatory. Aragoth Station also offered 1 way L100 trade jobs to those 3 locations but those wouldn't pay as much as the round trip jobs.

Distances of jobs should vary by level of job to a degree. But I do remember in Live it was possible to go from the base in Endriago (Arx Spartoi I think) to the base in Tarsis, back and forth with jobs. Tarsis being PW sponsered jobs and Arx Spartoi having PE sponsored jobs I just can't remember the level of the jobs doing that. I think, but am not sure that Explore jobs were more random in terms of distance to where you had to dump your garbage, or deploy your satellite. Planets (gas giants) and Stars were popular locations for garbage dumps. My memory on Combat jobs isn't as clear, only did a few in Live, and usually when attacking the mob for the job, I didn't really have to worry about other mobs in the area.

In Live most bases had their jobs sponsored by the stations owner. Aragoth Station was an exception to this. Aragoth Station had jobs sponsored by all 6 of the playable classes plus Glenn Commission. F7 had jobs sponsored by Glenn Commission, Net-7's jobs were sponsored by N7. I like how in emulator there are some jobs sponsored by other factions like RD and Chavez. IMO that's a welcome addition to the emulator.

I think, as a suggestion on Jobs, that most of the jobs should be by the faction that owns the station, but there should be a few that are from other factions (with factions friendly to the owners being more likely). For Neutral stations, there could be a mix of factions offering jobs, but the 9 playable classes and Glenn Commission should have the most of them. Friendship 7 and N7 would be exceptions to this with F7 having mostly Glenn Commission jobs, and Net-7 having mostly N7 jobs. For Highport stations, all factions could be represented fairly equally (random) at the job terminals.

Charon Cloister could have more RD jobs there as well as Anseria and to a lesser extent other factions. At least given some of the dialogue given by some of the NPCs there. Kaitya Neely does talk somewhat about unsuccessful attempts to "clean up the station". She eventually gives a mission that requires you to talk to Shou Tzu on Arx Ymir and rewards you with a card to talk to a RD vendor on Charon Cloister, as well so it's consistent with this base having a strong RD influence. Say offer L75 or L100 jobs and up, nothing lower.

If there is a job terminal at Paramis Station, then the various Pirate factions could be sponsors of jobs there.

Edited by Terrell

• 11 months later...
Hello!

I am sure you have already seen this but thought I'd put the old link here. It shows a lot of different things stations offered and which ones had job terminals etc.

[url="http://ebiia.net/Stations.shtml"]Station List[/url]