Brimstone Ammo

Trapt

Just looking at Brimstone ammo, the cost and other factors arn't really on par with other ammo of the same level and type. Don't get me wrong, the Projectile Launcher is very nice and has some amazing buffs, but I just don't think it's on par.

1. 143 Million for a stack of cement bags (stack of 150 not even 240)

2. The ammo itself only stacks in stacks of 1200, whereas Bile & Spit are in stacks of 2000.

I'm not so concerned with it being in stacks of 1200 as I am the price of the ammo comps. Not to mention, two of the ammo comps are PM only, so...I'd suggest lowering the price of cement bags, and possibly making the stacks of ammo 2000 like the rest of the level 9 ammo in the same class.

Hi

I have checked the price of cement bags and lower it slightly below the lowest price that I found in my databases from live. This comp was very expensive in live. The stack size of both the comp and ammo is correct.

Riia

Well Riia while it may be true to live, the thing about live was they didn't have wipes and they had a player economy that was out of control (in their eyes.)

A lot of the decisions the devs made towards the end of live were attempts to try and influence this economy and move it back to a place they wanted it to be. Their ideas for this were making building harder and making the new cool weapons cost a lot to feed ammo into. "Credit Sinks" is the term for these decisions that revolve around the idea of cracking down on the immense amount of credits people can get in end-game.

While I do agree, it sucks to feed ammo into the gun when it costs that much, I still think this stress test economy can handle it. Anyone who is using Level 9 weapons has many easy ways to get cash, even now. I'm sure if you figured out just how much it cost you to create a half-hold of ammo, went to The Controller Project in Paramis and killed the CL55s (or plenty of other cash farming spots) until you ran out of ammo, and sold all the L9 devices and stuff they dropped, you'd come out on top. Still, this assumes that you WANT to farm boring, easy targets with high-value drops. I know that I personally have been spending a lot of time and most of my ammo firing at targets that don't really pad my credit balance very much, but are more fun to hunt and drop things I need/want for guild members, so it's not very fair to assume we all hunt for credits.

Pretty much it's so easy to get credits in this game that 150 mill is chump change, plus that's 240 stacks of ammo... that's gonna last you a while, easily enough time to recover all of that and then some.

I could go either way with it. It's easy to get credits, but in my eyes the players shouldn't be punished like they were in live for the state of the economy either. Basically I said both sides of an argument and didn't pick a side, good for me, I didn't get much done here. :)

Edited by Tenkaris
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

riia its nice u lowered the price of it but really not needed a stack of 150 which costs about 140m is good since a lvl9 pl user can easily make with like 4 stacks of ammo per gun this would be in the worst case a pw using 6x brimstone ballista pl which is about 23m in ammo he/she could make like 80-120m per hour when hunting drones in either paramis or bbw