The Perfect PP

You didn't specify like top level PP, just starting out, or everything inbetween. Somebody with more experience might have a better answer, but I have an OL50 PP that I started a couple weeks ago. Right now, I have level 3's and 4's for everything:

Guns (lvl 3): Since I chose PL when I started this char, I use Bayonets. I've heard others go with the Xbow as they have a higher DPS (faster reload), but the difference is so minimal at this point and the Bayonets hold 100 more ammo per stack.

Shield (lvl 4): I think I got this with my lvl30 HU, but can't remember, I have a Shroud of the Optimal, has a couple nice buffs, boost proj range and decrease proj energy usage. The proj energy conservation buff is nice when you're fighting CL18-20, because I can use my shield recharge skill while I'm using the guns and don't run out of energy in a hurry. The Falkirk has a higher cap and recharge rate and still boosts proj range, but when fighting something that is a higher CL, I find that my reactor gets used up too quickly and the little extra cap doesn't compensate enough.

Reactor (lvl 4): I'm using a Nero Tertius, has a lower cap than the Titus, but a higher recharge rate, extremely important to a progen doing battle. The Titus has a better buff with the shield recharge, but I don't think its enough of a buff to move me off the Nero. I find with both the reactor and the shield, the higher recharge rate is slightly more important than the cap.

Engine (lvl 3): I go with the Breton and RR+. Unless I need to be a little more sneaky (difficult with a progen) then I go with the SS.

The Menace skill is nice when it works. Especially if you get aggro'd by like 6 or 7 things at once and can send 4 or 5 of them away.

At the earlier levels, level 1 I just used what I started with, you don't spend much time on lvl 1, lvl 2 guns, the bayonets aren't available yet, so I went with xbow or musket (haven't noticed any difference between the two other than the xbow is loot only), lvl 2 and 3 reactors there are Nero's available at both levels, shields, lvl 2 and 3 have falkirks, engine was still the Breton and RR+ combo.

• 2 weeks later...

As the reactor builder PP I can give you the chain and best idea at which lvl.

L2-5 NERO: PM or loot only it has the +15% Active shield recharge buff (self target "~" and buff) and shield inversion PW/PP skill (don't recommend upping it until you over 135, point best spend elsewere)

*optional L2-5 titus-nero-shield mix: while the nero buff is active you may seek something like the titus's equip shield buff..its passive, how that works is use something with active buff then switch to titus for the passive, or use something elses passive (like a dragonwing engine at L4 for example) and the nero's active..you need to ask around or reserach to see what works best for you. Some of the shields have the active/passive mix you may want like falkirk/waterloo

L6 beg,borrow,loot--even kill whatever you need to do to get the credits and the build the second you get L6 skill..you want a L6 WARRIORS HEART. This is hands down the best shieldcharger type players friend..every TT and PP should do whatever it takes to get this reactor. Why? becasue you now have bottomless power if you have shield recharge. It's primary buff is it takes some of your shield energy and converts it to reactor power..when paired with your ability to recharge your shields...back and forth you go and your reactor is full. This reactor goes all way to L9.

Now about trade runs and reactor:

L3 the kraken starts it has a +750 warp buff..almost everyone has a travel set and a combat set, as a PP you should be no different as soon as you hit L3 get a kraken and a road runner (RR) device built the RR adds + equip to warp speed and the active buff frm the kraken adds another +750. Faster trade runs are a good thing :) get the fastest warp engine you can fit like a breton

kraken goes L3-5 but at 5 you want to switch to another line called UNICORN..has the same +750 buff, but unicorn 5 bas a base amount a bit better than kraken and continues to 7

At skill lvl 7 unicorn you need to make a choice another unicorn line starts at 7 called unicorn II, it is more expensive than a unicorn 7 but has slightly better cap/recharge and has a slightly differing buff..it has a Group +750 buff..meaning instaed of self targeting to buff and then 1 by 1 hitting your group you can hit just 1 memeber and whole group is buffed with +750 * at this time the group part isnt working

to get to L8 warp buff reactor your going to have to switch to unicorn II (starts at 7)

At this time there are no L9 warp active buffing reactors

As the reactor builder PP I can give you the chain and best idea at which lvl.

Now about trade runs and reactor:

L3 the kraken starts it has a +750 warp buff..almost everyone has a travel set and a combat set, as a PP you should be no different as soon as you hit L3 get a kraken and a road runner (RR) device built the RR adds + equip to warp speed and the active buff frm the kraken adds another +750. Faster trade runs are a good thing :) get the fastest warp engine you can fit like a breton

Minor nit but I believe you mean the RoadRunner Plus (RR+) and not the RR. Sometimes people get these two confused - often to the detriment of the builder that built what he was asked to build.