Flight of the navigator mission

As a TT, once you reach the right overall level (apparently, it is 50, and not 40 as described in the skill description), you will be able to acquire the Navigate skill.

However, to acquire it, you must complete a 11 steps missions that will allow you to visite a part of the galaxy.

Refer to following maps:

- Updated maps by Xulei

- Interactive maps (not updated but more sectors)

Since I had some issues to complete this mission, I decided to write a walkthrough!

To move on the next step of the mission, you do not need to dock (excepted when indicated).

However, feel free to dock if you want to take a look.

I suggest to make sure you explore all the navs of those sectors, they are beginner sectors and will not give you a lot of xp anymore. So better get what you can now.

1/ Go to Earth Station in Earth (Sol System)

==> Dock and talk to the guy in the lounge (forgot his name, check the Navigate skill description)

2/ Go to Net7 Station in Saturn (Sol System)

Eviticus (see post #3 below say that step 5 is before step 3. Not sure yet)

3/ Go to Somerled Station in New Edinburg (Tau Ceti System)

4/ Go to Orsini Mining Station in Carpenter (Beta Hydri System)

5/ Go to Friendship 7 Station in Glenn (Beta Hydri System)

6/ Go to Prasad Station in Xipe Totec (Sirius System)

7/ Go to Ruins of Jove City Station in Jupiter (Sol System)

8/ Go to Adriel Mining Station in Adriel Prime (Proxima Centauri System)

9/ Go to Margesi Station in Margesi (Proxima Centauri System)

10/ Go to Arx Magister in Mars (Sol System)

11/ Go back to Earth Station in Earth (Sol System)

==> Dock and talk to the guy in the lounge (forgot his name, check your mission log)

Voila!

You did it and you will be able to initiate Warp Speed in 20% less time!

It is not adviced to spend too many skill points in this skill at low level (better save the skill points for more usefull skills), excepted if you really want it :)

Hope it helped!

-Baldhor

Edited by Baldhor

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why but I actually had a slightly different order of station visits required. Either it is a slightly random order, or something is wrong here. I had to go N7>F7>Somerled>Orsini in the beginning. Not that that was a problem, made it a little easier as F7 was on the way.

Being a Terran Tradesman and Lv 40 is the only requirement I've intended, and as near as I can tell is set for the mission, if it helps. ;)

Not sure why but I actually had a slightly different order of station visits required. Either it is a slightly random order, or something is wrong here. I had to go N7>F7>Somerled>Orsini in the beginning. Not that that was a problem, made it a little easier as F7 was on the way.

Maybe I made it wrong, I wrote this walkthrough based on my souvenirs.

If someone else could confirm, I will edit my post

Being a Terran Tradesman and Lv 40 is the only requirement I've intended, and as near as I can tell is set for the mission, if it helps. :P

So I change it to level 40?

As far as I can tell level 40 didn't made it for me ...

• 2 months later...

I had to go to the same sequence of stations as the OP with the exception of F7.

Arriving outside a station didn't always want to trigger the next step - had to relog to get the trigger.

Awful lot of traveling to be done, still the explore XP kinda makes up for it.

• 7 months later...
What do you have to do to advance this mission? my TE is stuck on step 1. I flew to Net-7, docked, talked to everybody, bought the paper, undocked, relogged, flew to net-7 and docked again...still stuck on step 1.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Luteif' timestamp='1300198005' post='36606']
What do you have to do to advance this mission? my TE is stuck on step 1. I flew to Net-7, docked, talked to everybody, bought the paper, undocked, relogged, flew to net-7 and docked again...still stuck on step 1.
[/quote]

Hah - ran into the same problem: Docked to Net-7, talked to anybody - even got a quite dangerous exploring mission on the way (thought I'd have to complete THAT first. Nay...).

Solution: Refrain from the (my) habit clicking the Register/Dock/Gate button while approaching. Just approaching and coming to a complete stop in front of the station seems do to the trick :). (Of course, you can still dock and make bucks after getting your mission trigger...).

• 1 year later...

NPC is Sander Pauls

Step 5/11 Mission advanced on gating into Xipe Totec, no need to go to Prasad station 

Step 6/11  Mission advanced after gating into Jupiter

step 7/11 Mission advanced after gating into Proxima Centauri

step 8/11 Mission advanced after gating into Margesi

• 1 month later...