New Player Help

Overall I think this is a good start for the new player - however I have a slight disagreement on the RR entry. RR = RoadRunner, not RoadRunner Plus - and as a builder I can say I've run into this far too often. I would suggest amending the list to instead show:

RR = RoadRunner

RR+ = RoadRunner Plus

RR+ is a common and popular device and I think we don't do ourselves any favors introducing new players to a nomenclature that is bound to set up confusion - let's instead try to get it right from the get-go.

Market:

WTB: Want to Buy

WTBU/WTU: Want to Buy Upgraded/ Want to Upgrade (usually a lower level item to higher level item)

WTT: Want To Trade

WTS: Want to Sell

Other:

PL: Power Level (not to be confused with projectile launcher)

NINJA: to loot someone else's kill.

TOUR: when a veteran player groups with others alts or new chars and takes them to several sectors to explore the NAVs to help gain exp for all.

(to be updated)

Tien - Tienbau, the dev

Also all of the classes:

PW - Progen Warrior

PE/PS - Progen Explorer/Sentinal

PP/PT - Progen Privateer/Trader

JE - Jenquai Explorer

JD, JW - Jenquai Defender/Warrior

JT, JS - Jenquai Trader/Seeker

TT - Terran Tradesman

TE - Terran Enforcer

TS - Terran Scout

Edited by Grendwal

I've also seen Tienbau shortened to "TB".

And while this is not an abbreviation per se...

When you see this in the computer chat spam (the *other* chat window, not the guild/general/new players/etc. window) ...

Tienbau has logged in.

Know for certain that a server reboot is imminent. :)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

-Back From School and Tennis so hasn't been updated. Going to add some of suggestions and such. Also avoiding offensive abbreviations, or more basic right now. Due to majority of people that play know what most stuff means such as AFK, I'll probably add commonly not known when community grows more, or on request of new new gamers. Though will add WTB, WTS and such due to FPS players might not be typically familiar with such.

Thanks for the Classes. I had that, but I must of accidental deleted it when formating/adjust spots.

Edited by Heirku

• 1 month later...

Bump, just to help new players.

If you want to something added or such.

PM me.

Currently playing 'competively' in League of Legends, and FPSs.

Pretty much quit EnB after my Dad quit, which is main reason I played.

I scan the boards still and don't mind helping.

AWCS - Advanced Weapon Control System - L8 Device that gives

Beam Focus (Equip) :: Increases Beam Damage by 3.0% when equipped.

Missile Precision (Equip) :: Increases Missile Damage by 3.0% when equipped

Projectile Force (Equip) :: Increases Projectile Damage by 3.0% when equipped.

Increase Reactor Capacity (Equip) :: +926.0 Reactor Capacity when equipped.

Manufacturable: Yes

Unique: Yes

Can be Traded: Yes

Is this in the game yet?

AWCS - Advanced Weapon Control System - L8 Device

Is this in the game yet?

It's in the database, it doesn't appear to drop from any mobs though.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the edit. I was just afk. :-) I started this awhile ago, so it's possible things have changed (jobs) when more things were learned, or just typos. I'm not perfect either.

No problem. I camp these forums pretty heavily, so I tend to see things as soon as they happen, lol.

No problem. I camp these forums pretty heavily, so I tend to see things as soon as they happen, lol.

Pretty Much, I went to bed at 12am, sleep at 12:45ish. I woke up at 9:50am(Alarm), but laid down to stretch and stuff, but didn't wake back up. Was kinda of annoyed when I woke up(5pm). To much sleep can be bad sometimes. ><

I usually camp the forums too, a-lot while playing EnB. Other games, I'll check after each match etc. So from 10-45minutes each checkup and such. Been playing a Low Level JE. Trying to balance some things to 40 then mine to 150. Heh, been testing/playing with the new mining adjustments etc.

If you see fit to add anything feel free to edit though. I'm not opposed it is mainly one of those community guide things/etc where I take suggestions what to add, or add what fits.

Can we get a post with all available commands in game posted somewhere on forum ?

having all the slash commands would be an excellent addition to this thread ;)

Edited by Xulei

having all the slash commands would be an excellent addition to this thread :)

Added, there is a thread, sorta of buried. I copied the commands over, if new ones are added C Del/Mods/Admins etc. Are able to edit more post instead of PMing it to me. Heh.

Edit: These are 'hidden' commands. There is also in-game commands that show in the help bar or w/e. Somewhere in the options.

Edited by Heirku

I'll modify the in-game command list to be curren to the emulator. The list that's in there now is unchanged from live. For those who don't know where to find the command list, I think it's under Help > Slash Commands. (in-game)